Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why are smokers in this country treated worse than dogs? watch

ReputationRep:
    Dogs are all round much nicer, friendlier and more considerate living entities than smokers. Can't stand smokers, selfish, ignorant and pig-headed. Dogs > Smokers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ragex)
    Dogs are all round much nicer, friendlier and more considerate living entities than smokers. Can't stand smokers, selfish, ignorant and pig-headed. Dogs > Smokers
    You realise how hypocritical and ignorant the statement you've just made is?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure you do have to clean up after you dog, whereas you don't have to chase after your exhaled smoke trying to catch it in a bag.

ReputationRep:
    The same clowns that want a family, children and a prospersous life(at least they claim to want all these things) prioritise damaging their lungs over their life. Can't think of much worse hypocrites to be honest, YOLO - yeah so stop smoking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cringe)
    The same clowns that want a family, children and a prospersous life(at least they claim to want all these things) prioritise damaging their lungs over their life. Can't think of much worse hypocrites to be honest, YOLO - yeah so stop smoking.
    So you live in this perfect bubble where nothing you do at all damages your body? Get a grip and stop trying to live other peoples lives and concentrate on your own condescending existence. Honestly hope i dont come across people as self righteous and preachy as you at uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you're smoking poison, there's no reason we should too. So don't smoke in public places, it's really selfish and I don't even understand why you'd want to kill yourself slowly with cigarettes anyway??

ReputationRep:
    I'm a smoker and I think this thread is stupid. Dogs can't make the conscious decision where they choose to defecate, they just do it wherever. A smoker chooses to throw their butts everywhere and smoke in an area where others inhale their smoke.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind smoking, I know it isn't any of my business to interfere, just as long as smoke is not being blown in my face or in the house. Everything we do carries a risk, for example I drink coca cola, and that carries a risk of having bad teeth. Smoker or non-smoker, I'll happily welcome them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why not get one of those E cig things, there is no smoke and no smell with those.They only contain nicotine and not the really harmful chemicals proper cigs do.Not sure if this is true but I read somewhere that nicotine isnt harmful on its own, but is addictive.

I dont smoke now, gave up 2 years ago almost after being a smoker for over 20 years. I cannot stand the smell of it at all, makes me wretch sometimes.It wouldnt bother me if it wasnt for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam2592)
    You realise how hypocritical and ignorant the statement you've just made is? Moron.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope, it's not hypocritical in the slightest. You cranky because you haven't had a smoke? Fool.

ReputationRep:
    This is epic and hilarious hahaha love it man.

(Original post by bennies4life)
    This society wants to ban smokers from every corner of the land, and yet dogs are free to defaecate openly and knock over small children.

All that happened after those smoking bans a few years back was that everywhere just stank of piss instead.
    Might quote that last bit forever, so good haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sabian92)
    I hate smokers that spin the "IT'S MY RIGHT TO SMOKE" line.

Yeah, well, It's my right not to breathe in carcinogenic crap and stink like an ashtray as well as breathing clean air,
    You do realise unless smoke is being blown directly in your face you're not going to be breathing that much crap in, or are you the type of person to cover their face every time a car goes past in fear of inhaling exhaust fumes?

ReputationRep:
    The smoking ban has played a big part in the death of British pubs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swann)
    You do realise unless smoke is being blown directly in your face you're not going to be breathing that much crap in, or are you the type of person to cover their face every time a car goes past in fear of inhaling exhaust fumes?

The smell is bad enough. It sets my asthma off something chronic. Still though I'd rather people didn't smoke around me. It ends up in my clothes and I stink like it all day.

And no, don't be ridiculous. Of course I don't - I know there is pollution in the air but as I said before, cigarette smoke sets me off the worst.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farm_Ecology)
    Yet you take a fossil burning bus?
    and I suppose all smokers with their hugely reduced lung capacities and cardiac damage (which they additionaly cause to other people as well) run or cycle to all their destinations.

I have a theory, it's called the "Smoking damages brain function theory" and it's evidence is that of the ever increasingly desperate and poor arguments smokers churn out in order to attempt to justify damaging other people's health.

The fact smoking does actualy damage brain function is proven anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pegasus2)
    I have a theory, it's called the "Smoking damages brain function theory" and it's evidence is that of the ever increasingly desperate and poor arguments smokers churn out in order to attempt to justify damaging other people's health.
    I dont smoke.

ReputationRep:
    Pub owners should have the choice as to whether they allow smoking or not. It is their business and their private property. Non-smokers just wouldn't go to smoking pubs; that isn't discrimination for God's sake, it is common sense. Everybody wins.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.