Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Singers/Bands you cant stand? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Beatles, overrated rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    Basically everyone that immature, teenage girls scream after.
    maroon 5!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sheldorbaggins)
    Every boyband, singer, artist who teenage girls scream for at concerts, like so many pictures of them on facebook until the point that it is all you see on your news feed and those girls who talk about all their favourite bands latest twitter posts and videos and how this girl touched Justin Biebers shoe (seriously do something about your life please because we all just look at you and in our heads think "do you seriously hear the bulls**t spilling from your lips?"). Those people are the reason why people like me just mindlessly hate them all.
    so its the daft little girly fans you hate rather than the artists. The thing I dont understand about people who hate boybands/music kids go for is that they call them for being rubbish but at the end of the day its music for kids. Dont kids deserve music?

ReputationRep:
    Justin Bieber, Rebecca Black, I like some of Nicki Minaj's stuff though.

Personally though I just dislike any really heavy metal.

ReputationRep:
    I was brought up on Queen, Journey, KISS, pretty much all the classic rock bands of the 70s and 80s, and I'm still a huge fan of rock and metal today, so I'm definitely siding with them.

It's abominations like Nicki Minaj and Jessie J that are the ruination of the music industry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGuy117)
    Beatles, overrated rubbish.
    Wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Muse

ReputationRep:
    Muse. Pretentious ****e

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Beyonce

ReputationRep:
    Blood on the Dancefloor - they're just like the chlamydia of the music industry

Any indie music, like Two Door Cinema Club, it's all the same, all boring... it's got no guts - it's got no get up and go. It's just like... really? REALLY why must music be so boring? o.O

ReputationRep:
    Coldplay :indiff:

Why did it all go wrong? :moon:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Jessie J

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosasaurr)

Any indie music, like Two Door Cinema Club, it's all the same, all boring... it's got no guts - it's got no get up and go. It's just like... really? REALLY why must music be so boring? o.O
    I'm assuming you mean Pop music. Cos that allows it to reach the largest amount of people. It's designed to be as unthreatening and as inoffensive as possible so people can passively consume it while at work, doing the ironing, in the car and so on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosasaurr)

I completely agree, although its the same for mainstream artists too (like rihanna etc).

ReputationRep:
    Pitbull, Jay-Z, the woman who keeps talking about 'no money, no family, sixteen in the middle of Miami' ...so much cringe :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    I'm assuming you mean Pop music. Cos that allows it to reach the largest amount of people. It's designed to be as unthreatening and as inoffensive as possible so people can passively consume it while at work, doing the ironing, in the car and so on.
    true - it's just so bland, like I guess it's supposed to make a profit and stuff - but that doesn't mean everything has to be a cardboard cut out

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.