Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    Right, but that wasn't what was happening in my experience of going to away games at Luton. Inside the ground I've heard Brentford's African players being abused and outside the ground non-white mates of mine who've come to games with me have had racism hurled at them by blokes in Luton kits.

As an aside, fascism and racism are more than just 'a political view', but let's not get into that because it's not directly relevant to the experience I was referring to in my original post about racism at Kenilworth Road.
    That's awful, but i'm almost certain that that was a minority.

ReputationRep:
    like Everton too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    (Wolves fan here)

Like: Swansea, Forest Green, Lazio, Benfica.

Dislike: West Brom, West Brom, Real Madrid, West Brom
    Despite being an Albion fan this made me chuckle :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicRat)
    Despite being an Albion fan this made me chuckle :lol:
    Being a West Brom fan you have plenty of reasons to chuckle at us
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    Watford - tinpot club, fans have possibly the biggest delusions of grandeur I've ever seen (and I'm counting the Florist fans in this) and have gone down a completely unethical route to get to the P/O final, potentially ****ing over the future of football in the process.
    Udinese - For being associated with watford
    Grenada - Same as udinese
    You sound really bitter :laugh: Nobody would have given two ****s if they finished mid table. Would you be saying the same if Watford had signed all those players on free transfers, even though that isn't much different? Becase that is probably what they're going to do this summer with most of them.

Also that loophole will be closed at the next Football League AGM.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by sr90)
    You sound really bitter :laugh: Nobody would have given two ****s if they finished mid table. Would you be saying the same if Watford had signed all those players on free transfers, even though that isn't much different? Becase that is probably what they're going to do this summer with most of them.

Also that loophole will be closed at the next Football League AGM.
    If they'd signed them all then I'd have less of a problem, although the multiple ownerships takes the piss and makes a mockery of the idea of competition and fair play, however their transfer policy this season has been, while not technically illegal due to the loophole, incredibly unethical and completely against the spirit of the game. I don't see how any fan of football could stand it.

ReputationRep:
    Like:
    West Ham
    Arsenal
    Swansea
    Fulham

Dislike:
    Spurs
    Southampton
    Portsmouth
    Millwall
    Reading

ReputationRep:
    To sum it up, everyone seems to hate Spurs, Milwall and one of the two Manchester teams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopsin rapper)
    To sum it up, everyone seems to hate Spurs, Milwall and one of the two Manchester teams.
    Thing about Spurs is that everybody outside London seems to quite like them as a plucky non-top4 side whereas in London everybody seems to dislike them quite strongly. Arsenal, Chelsea, West Ham, QPR, Orient... not entirely sure why that is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Thing about Spurs is that everybody outside London seems to quite like them as a plucky non-top4 side whereas in London everybody seems to dislike them quite strongly. Arsenal, Chelsea, West Ham, QPR, Orient... not entirely sure why that is.
    In my experience, many (not all) Spurs fans are delusional and make silly accusations about their team. They just tend to say stupid stuff basically. Plus they treat Bale as the world's great player when in reality he isn't as good as he is made out to be (time to get negged for saying that because if you say that to any football fan they think you are being ridiculous).

Lol knew it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    I didn't like them and then the media's overrating of Gareth Bale happened, and they don't have a scouting team they just use Liverpool's. Sigurdsson, Dempsey, wanted Allen apparently and been linked with two or so players we want already. Maaaan. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    In my experience, many (not all) Spurs fans are delusional and make silly accusations about their team. They just tend to say stupid stuff basically. Plus they treat Messi as the world's great player when in reality he isn't as good as he is made out to be (time to get negged for saying that because if you say that to any football fan they think you are being ridiculous).

Lol knew it...
    assuming you meant to write messi, he has scored 215 Barcelona goals in less than a decade (most of that not even playing as a striker), has won 4 consecutive ballon d'ors and basically all his fellow pros, managers and pundits are ranking him as the potential best player of all time.

out of interest, who is the worlds greatest player then?

ReputationRep:
    I dislike West Ham, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea. Especially the first two – dreadful, obnoxious fans (in my experience).

I like Wigan, Swansea, Norwich, and and I'll say Man Utd given how unpopular they are. I know that's a bit hypocritical given my fan-based criticism of Arsenal and West Ham, but they've got a lot of history and are just about the only club near the top of the league that actually deserves to be there (apart from Everton).

I support Everton.

ReputationRep:
    Sevco - cheats, vile little club as well. Not too fond of celtic in that respect, but Martin O'God managed them, Guppy played for them and Lennon currently manages them
    If you want vile, look no further than Neil Lennon. How any English person could favour Celtic is truly beyond me. And how are Rangers a 'little club'?

Moving on from your inane comments:

Arsenal
    Swansea
    West Brom
    Wigan
    Barca

Dislike

Celtic
    Liverpool
    Spurs
    Stoke
    Real Madrid
    Any lower league teams whose fans think they are superior for not supporting a 'big club'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluester)
    assuming you meant to write messi, he has scored 215 Barcelona goals in less than a decade (most of that not even playing as a striker), has won 4 consecutive ballon d'ors and basically all his fellow pros, managers and pundits are ranking him as the potential best player of all time.

out of interest, who is the worlds greatest player then?
    I am an idiot, I meant to write Bale. Dumb moment from me....
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by pane123)
    If you want vile, look no further than Neil Lennon. How any English person could favour Celtic is truly beyond me. And how are Rangers a 'little club'?

Moving on from your inane comments:
    Lennon is a bit of a ****, but I've far more time for him than for anyone associated with sevco.

Well, a few key reasons:
    A) not English, I'm Scottish
    B) Leicester fan and so like Celtic for the MON, guppy & Lennon connections

Erm - they're a year old and have but a fourth tier title to their name, how aren't they a little club?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bolton fan.

Teams I like:
    Chelsea
    Tottenham
    Liverpool
    Villa

Teams I dislike:
    Blackburn
    Burnley
    Blackpool
    Wigan
    Manchester United
    Wolves

ReputationRep:
    Erm - they're a year old and have but a fourth tier title to their name, how aren't they a little club?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh dear. You have reverted to an argument reserved only for dunderheads.

Lennon is a bit of a ****, but I've far more time for him than for anyone associated with sevco.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Would that include the likes of Sir Alex Ferguson?

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Blackburn fan but also have a connection with Lancaster City.

Like: not really bothered about many teams, but I respect Newcastle fans (for being absolutely crazy), Portsmouth fans for saving their club and respect to most non-league fans for just supporting a smaller club.

Dislike: Burnley (a lot), Bolton, Wigan, Morecambe and Halifax.

ReputationRep:
    I am an idiot, I meant to write Bale. Dumb moment from me....
    haha fair enough, I was thinking it was a strange one for spurs fans to be hailing messi.... as for bale he is a fantastic player but no, not the worlds best

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.