Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Thought the exam went well. Some good questions in it.

That Gantt chart question caught me unaware, had to ask for a pencil and ruler. Did that question right near the start of the exam, luckily i know how to draw them! Would have definitely expected to see a ERD/DFD/CPA diagram in ahead of a Gantt Chart. I'm sure some marks will be given to labelling axis correctly too, so it's not all lost if everything was misaligned and stuff, like at GCSE Maths. You could draw a flower on a graph but as long as the axis are labelled correctly you'll pick up a few marks.

The word implication came up alot too! Seems like OCR have got rid of the word 'Impact.' It confused a couple of people in there as they assumed it meant strictly negative!

Answered everything, finished 5 minutes before the end. Lets hope it went well!

ReputationRep:
    Going back to that question about operating systems, I ended up talking about single/multi-user, single/multi-application OSs. It was worded in quite an 'open to interpretation' fashion imo :/

ReputationRep:
    Surprised there wasnt any questions on MIS, expert systems and mental models. And i dont understand why theres so many AS questions on a A2 paper, ah well. Need 105UMS for my grade, how many raw marks do you guys think that would be?

ReputationRep:
    I messed up the gantt chart question cos I was using a pen :/ I didn't really know what to say for the data protection act one and the impact of digital tv on broadcasters so I just guessed I think it was alright overall though

ReputationRep:
    For DPA I wrote that they may need to hire a data regulator, (adding cost to the business), may need to reprocess data in accordance with the regulations (increasing workload), and then retraining for staff to comply with the correct regulations (leading to lost work time and stress among staff)

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hvanheerden1)
    How did everyone do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got a* !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Deputy)
    I got a* !
    Me too!!!! Well done

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    can someone please give me the june 2013 paper for GO63? i really need it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.