The Student Room Group

Girls name 5 things you look for in a guy.

Scroll to see replies

1. Intelligence and ambition
2. MUST like Friends, it's genuinely something we cannot work around if you don't m'afraid
3. Appearance, I don't generally like big muscles but that's the only preference I can think of. Hair color and eye color are irrelevant just have to be attracted to you.
4. Must be as sarcastic and witty as me :wink:
5. This ones controversial but must be either atheist or agnostic. I'm not raising brainwashed children
Original post by thatrollingstone
This must be the first time I've met any womans expectations.

Same

Foreveralone.jpeg :biggrin:
Reply 142
1. Respect for our relationship, those around them and me.
2. A sex drive that is similar to mine (I know this is ridiculous but I have a really high sex drive so having a similar sex drive to me is somewhat important)
3. Well groomed and dressed. This means for whatever style he has, just having respect for yourself is important so you should make an effort with what your appearance is to reflect that respect.
4. Ambition.
5. Intelligence
Original post by paradoxicalme
1.) A face
2.) At least one working eyeball
3.) At least two limbs
4.) Probably male
5.) A pulse

But no, I'm not desperate.

Some people are SO picky it's unreal.
Five?! How picky do you think women are?!

1. Make me laugh
2. Don't judge me when I eat copious amounts of chocolate.
3. Be a good guy.

:smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 145
Original post by Vikki1805
Confidence, but not overly confident.

What does that even mean? Confidence at what? I am very confident in my ability to tie my shoes up. Is that what you want?
1) Dresses smartly aka trousers with a belt...
2) Kind personality, not cocky, rude or stuck up
3) Has to love video games!
4) I really like a guy with nice eyes, like green
5) Cool background

:smile:
I think every girl is different just like every guy is but for me it's

Height
Humour
Ambition
Socialable
Outdoorsy (Not very good grammer but you get me!)
Nice teeth are a must also

My friend actually asked me this qu the other night and I said all of those things and he pointed out that the things I named are my personailty so i think you need to make a list of what you look for a girl/what you like and look for these things instead of what you think someone will like. Hair colour menas nothing in my opinion although I'm Irish so I've a soft spot for red heads alright!

Good luck, she's out there I'm sure! :smile:
Well spoken, polite, happy, same sense of humour as me and mature.

I'd also like a guy who wants the same sort of things from life as me. I think it's important to be on the same page.
Reply 149
Original post by PrettyLittleLiars
Black Curly Hair....Oooooh :biggrin:
Similar sense of humour
Kind
Sporty
Doesn't have a bad temper

First point - tick. :biggrin:
The rest - will leave it to you to decide. :wink:
Reply 150
1 attractive (in my eyes)
2 independent, free minded
3 both similar/different interests
4 humour (important)
5 a good, healthy combination of all the above

PS Yeah, they're all things I look for in a guy but there's a lot more to liking guys than lists.
Reply 151
Well im gonna casually crash this thread and highlight the important things about a guy:

Good at a Dad's sport: Table tennis, table football, pool or darts
Plays RPG video games
likes a bit of fantasy (lotr)
can make a good plate of nachos
Original post by xDave-
What does that even mean? Confidence at what? I am very confident in my ability to tie my shoes up. Is that what you want?

Yes, I'm sure your confidence in tying your shoes up will shine through and get every woman as moist as the Arabian Sea. :redface:

I mean confidence in general, good self esteem. Someone who can be sure of themselves and their abilities.
This is only my opinion, I can't speak for all females.
Original post by xDave-

When girls say confidence what they really mean is high self-esteem. Since self-confidence by its very definition is about how confident you are about your ability to do a specific task - so in other words, you're right! :tongue:
Original post by crazychocx
Haha, I know. I forgot another one(tbh, I'm surprised so few people have mentioned it), he can't be butt ugly. :colondollar: That makes 7. :wink:

Can't be butt ugly? I think I may be in with a shout :wink:
Original post by Vikki1805
Yes, I'm sure your confidence in tying your shoes up will shine through and get every woman as moist as the Arabian Sea. :redface:

Hahahaha! Very poetic! If you get the chance somewhere, you should use the opposite of that "dry as the sahara desert" :tongue:
Original post by Spontogical
When girls say confidence what they really mean is high self-esteem. Since self-confidence by its very definition is about how confident you are about your ability to do a specific task - so in other words, you're right! :tongue:

Know where your loyalties stand, Dave. :angry:

Original post by superduper9
Hahahaha! Very poetic! If you get the chance somewhere, you should use the opposite of that "dry as the sahara desert" :tongue:

Thanks. :sly:

Yeah, I might try and use that some time. :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Decent looking - all it is for guidelines for me is a decent haircut, good hygene, nice smile, yay.

Caring/kind/sweet/not a dick

Funny (in my experience, everyone's got a comedic genius inside them)

Trustworthy

Someone I can have an interesting conversation with
Umm is there a male version of this thread ?
Reply 159
Sense of humour
Honesty
Great smile
Kind
A sense of chivalry
Anyway,if I fall for someone, it's alright even if he doesn't have these :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending