The Student Room Group

How many hours are you revising each day?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Depends which subject and how confident I am in that subject
Original post by sammyvine
per subject or altogether?

Per subject? :lol:
I hope you're joking
Only did 4 hours of making notes
Reply 143
I'm having the weekend off, did four hours a day (Mon-Fri) this week, managed to cover all content for every subject. Starting again on Monday and going to cover the content again. :smile:
Reply 144
4 but I studied like crazy during the summer and christmas holidays
Original post by loveslinus
Hmm... The core maths bit is OK for me, but the applied module :eek:! I do mechanics and it is by far my hardest subject.

When you say mechanics do you mean Mechanics 1 or 2?
Just wondering as I might be doing the same one as you :colondollar:
Reply 146
Original post by skatealexia
Doing 9 hours a day, everyday, got 2 exams. It's what you do to get A*s

I personally wouldn't be able to do 9 hours a day, and for two exams that's a lot of time? What subjects have you taken and when are your exams?
Anything between 5-8 hours a day. I have 14 exams, starting on 3rd of May... :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Where'sPerry?
None yet. Too early for me to start personally, anything revised at this stage doesn't stick in my head very well. I have a lot of the actual course still to learn for Further Maths. I've only got 4 exams in summer, though, and they're all at the end of June :redface:

OMG you're so lucky! I wish I could be in a similar position :redface:, wanna swap? :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 149
I have 14 exams. Does that mean i have to revise 14 hours. Lol?
Reply 150
Original post by anwarCuz
I have 14 exams. Does that mean i have to revise 14 hours. Lol?

No, base your hours on how confident you feel with your exams, split those hours up and don't revise for every exam in one day, you will just get stressed and feel like your under too much pressure.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Deziah
I'm going by targets, not hours. I'd say my average day consists of work all day, with breaks in between. I don't want to do too much revision in one day though, if that makes sense, I think it's better to really get your head around something you're finding tricky than try to learn the entire specification in a week, briefly covering the tricky stuff.

Yes I agree with this! What exams you got in the summer? :smile:
Reply 152
Reply 153
Original post by LaughingGas
No, base your hours on how confident you feel with your exams, split those hours up and don't revise for every exam in one day, you will just get stressed and feel like your under too much pressure.

Thanks!
Reply 154
I have 10 A level exams this summer and I'm revising 7-8 hours a day. I don't know if this is enough since I have lots to do still... :frown: It's so hard to concentrate!!!!! Ahhh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 155
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
When you say mechanics do you mean Mechanics 1 or 2?
Just wondering as I might be doing the same one as you :colondollar:

M1 is easy I think

I find C1 the hardest :lol: Someone not having a calculator in an exam who uses one to add 2+2 never goes done well
Original post by wndms
I have 10 A level exams this summer and I'm revising 7-8 hours a day. I don't know if this is enough since I have lots to do still... :frown: It's so hard to concentrate!!!!! Ahhh

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's more than enough

4 hours of effective revision would be plenty

I do this: 30 minutes revision, 15minute break, 30 minutes revision, 30minute break. (Repeat 1 or 2 times more)

For Christmas exams I took the approach of "I am going to do amazing as I revised solid for8 hours today"..ohh I was so wrong.

Quality over quantity my son!
why do people tell people to revise less? revise as much as you want as long as you're satisfied, people tend to tell people to revise less when probably they revise like a madman, at the end of the day its survival of the fittest in this jungle people want higher grades then others simples do as much as you feel
well I intended to start doing a 3/4 hours a day last week but I got distracted, next week though...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending