Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Still top of the league, actually.http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22285545
    Burned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Still top of the league, actually.http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22285545
    To be fair, they would still have dropped the most points - but Fulham would be the worst off.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Reading and QPR relegated then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    Reading and QPR relegated then.
    what hope was there for them anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    That article removes every teams top scorer which is not what I asked. Without Van Persie, with every team maintaining their normal squad, Man Utd would be second in the league.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by one2three_abc)
    That article removes every teams top scorer which is not what I asked. Without Van Persie, with every team maintaining their normal squad, Man Utd would be second in the league.
    and what exactly do you base this on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    and what exactly do you base this on?
    Well Man Utd would be on 65 without RVP, maximum. Other teams would be on the same number of points they are currently on in the league minimum, with slight increases for some teams based on results and scorers when playing Man Utd, and hence a further slight decrease in points for Man Utd. I am not keen enough to calculate this fully, it is more likely Man U would in fact be between 3rd and 5th.

Quite simple really, but overall this type of postulation is utterly redundant which is what my original point was intending.

ReputationRep:
    QPR have spent £60million on players since this time last year and still couldn't stay in the Premier League

:laugh:

ReputationRep:
    At least Reading do have a pretty decent chance of getting promoted straight back again to the PL next campaign, because they'll be able to keep all their players without any wage problems. The fans were pissed at the start too because they didn't make many new star signings like the other promoted teams (Soton and West Ham) had done; they had a Championship squad for the PL.

I can see QPR having a very difficult season next season like 'Arry has already states, they'll struggle and diffuse like Blackburn and Wolves have done. They'll have to clear out half the squad and shape the squad again from scratch and compose a new team

ReputationRep:
    COME ON VILLA!!

5 points the difference between us and Wigan and 5 points between us and 9th place!

ReputationRep:
    Massive and comprehensive win by Villa. Newcastle drop to a place above Wigan only.

Expect Wigan to go down - it would be the MIRACLE of their relegation survivals if they made it up.

QPR/Reading were down a long time ago - just disappointed their match petered out to a stale 0-0 and they only seemed to wake up in added on time.

Barton, sat in France, attacking Bosingwa for laughing at the end when it was clear he was talking to someone and seemed to be laughing at that rather than the relegation and Barton conveniently didn't mention that manager Harry was also having a chuckle after meeting Adkins and someone else. Too scared to go there. Laughable that he's sat in France lambasting his team mates when I doubt he'd have the same tenacity to say it to their faces.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    Barton, sat in France, attacking Bosingwa for laughing at the end when it was clear he was talking to someone and seemed to be laughing at that rather than the relegation and Barton conveniently didn't mention that manager Harry was also having a chuckle after meeting Adkins and someone else. Too scared to go there. Laughable that he's sat in France lambasting his team mates when I doubt he'd have the same tenacity to say it to their faces.
    Personally, I don't think it's laughable and Barton is 100% right. It doesn't matter if they are talking to anyone, their club had just been relegated, show some sadness even if just for fans. Minimum go over and clap the fans to say thanks for the support. Bosingwa just went straight down the tunnel without a care in the world. Epitomises the money problem within the Premier League.

And the mighty Villa one step closer to safety. Now onto Norwich!

ReputationRep:
    Where oh where are those who negged me for saying Villa would stay up? In particular that SUNDERLAND fan?

Oh happy days.

Apologises on a post card kids.

(Original post by 321zero)
    Bentekke, Weimann, Agbonlahor, Guzan and Vlaar. = Quality.

Villa will not get relegated.

Whoever negged me, when Villa stay up, you owe me an apology.

ReputationRep:
    Where oh where are those who negged me for saying Villa would stay up? In particular that SUNDERLAND fan?

Oh happy days.

Apologises on a post card kids.
    Haha! I've been negged in the past when I said Westwood will be quality in a few years...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninuzu)
    Haha! I've been negged in the past when I said Westwood will be quality in a few years...
    I thought Lowton was brilliant last night, fingers crossed we can get 3 points against Norwich and may be a point against Chelsea.

Hope the job is done before Wigan though!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I think Villa have the makings of a really good team, it seems like Lambert is finally starting to have an impact. Benteke will probably be off in the summer but if they can keep the team together and strengthen i think in the long term they'll do really well. It makes a refreshing change from the high wage mercenaries (see QPR) that a lot of other clubs will go for.

ReputationRep:
    I thought Lowton was brilliant last night, fingers crossed we can get 3 points against Norwich and may be a point against Chelsea.

Hope the job is done before Wigan though!
    Three points against Norwich and we'll be safe. But, a loss would put us right back as one of the favourites to go down again.

(Original post by sr90)
    I think Villa have the makings of a really good team, it seems like Lambert is finally starting to have an impact. Benteke will probably be off in the summer but if they can keep the team together and strengthen i think in the long term they'll do really well. It makes a refreshing change from the high wage mercenaries (see QPR) that a lot of other clubs will go for.
    Do you reckon Benteke would be as good if he left? I think he might be like Barry, Downing, Milner and Young - still quality, but not as good as they were at Villa. In my opinion, he should stay at Villa and become a club legend, rather than move to another team and be forgotten in 50 years.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Do you reckon Benteke would be as good if he left? I think he might be like Barry, Downing, Milner and Young - still quality, but not as good as they were at Villa. In my opinion, he should stay at Villa and become a club legend, rather than move to another team and be forgotten in 50 years.
    Hmm that's a good point, he's the main man at Villa but wouldn't be elsewhere, and we've often seen players tail off after an impressive first season. If he were to move somewhere like Chelsea he'd be wasted and it would completely ruin his development.

I think he'd fit in perfectly at Spurs, but they've been after Damiao for ages.

ReputationRep:
    I think there must be something with teams that have a predominantly white and blue strip and relegation.

Wouldn't mind Wigan going down but would hate Aston Villa going down.

ReputationRep:
    Norwich vs. Stoke vs. Southampton vs. Aston Villa vs. Newcastle vs. Sunderland vs. Wigan

All fighting to avoid that dreaded 18th place position. Although to be fair, Stoke seem likely to stay up anyway but it's also still mathematically possible for Fulham to go down (but obviously there top flight demise is beyond unlikely as they look heading to finish in the top 10).

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 15, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.