Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kreayshawn)
    thanks that makes sense - mark scheme skipped putting "m" in either side of the equation so i was confused as to how they got there
    Yeah what i tend to do with any question is to remember everything i know about the topic, so if i saw a question about a slope im almost certain i have to use mgsintheta and if an angle is involved it gives a hint, although that question was quite difficult to know what you had to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yodawg321)
    I've been revising almost daily for this exam. Why can't I revise today?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!? Help someone
    I've been revising all day today too:/ I feel like nothing's gone in!
    Don't feel prepared for tomorrow at all

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know where I can find the Jan 2013 paper? I can't seem to find it anywhere :/
    I found it kinda hard when we had it as a mock... want to do it again but it's not on the ocr website or anything...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RafJav)
    Does anyone know where I can find the Jan 2013 paper? I can't seem to find it anywhere :/
    I found it kinda hard when we had it as a mock... want to do it again but it's not on the ocr website or anything...
    it's on the first page

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RafJav)
    Here you go! I hope it's attached right..
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf G481-01Jan13.pdf (180.1 KB, 89 views)

ReputationRep:
    so I have been revising for the past 3 hours, managed to finish module 3(if you familiar with syllabus).

I thought it would be the hardest since I did bad in this module in Jan, however, I find it quite easy now

Now I am working my way through past paper question for this module, and I am finding them rather easy.

Hopefully I will be able to cover Module 2 along with the questions before the day finishes, leaving only module one.

If you did this Jan I advice you focus on the later chapters first working your way down.

the only part I am a bit apprehensive about i the car safety questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dakenSoren)
    Things that shouldn't come up as long questions would be Galileo's experiment / Aristotle's beliefs and trilateration.
    Judging from Jan 13 paper
    I hope that to be true. Although since doing the Jan exam, that's all I seem to know now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liberty.)
    I hope that to be true. Although since doing the Jan exam, that's all I seem to know now!
    what sort of question do you reckon will take their place, I hope the Young modulus experiment questions comes up, I revised for it

but I can't think of any other question they could ask as a long question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph-)
    here you go *****ess
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph-)
    here you go *****ess
    got a corresponding markscheme for them by any chances?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baraf)
    what sort of question do you reckon will take their place, I hope the Young modulus experiment questions comes up, I revised for it

but I can't think of any other question they could ask as a long question.
    Constantly appearing questions:
    Units (matching/stating)
    Scalar & Vector definitions
    Free Fall scenarios
    Suvat
    F=ma style
    Velocity-Time Graphs

Due to appear:
    More car safety (calculations/definitions/explanations)
    Longer Youngs Modulus questions
    Probably Energy efficiency
    Vector triangles, resultants

To be fair, Physics seems to be the most spread exam compared to the other sciences.
    It wouldn't surprise me if there was Trilateration again, and Gallelio (hopefully with less mention of the other guy).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _hail)
    Here you go! I hope it's attached right..
    Thanks a bunch!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know where I can find a crumple zones question on a past paper ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    someone post up all the units for different types of forces, e.g. young modulus, spring constants, pressure, etc...

and all the equations we need to know!

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone explain what is meant by the spring constant?

I understand F/x = k where k is the spring constant, and i also understand that k represents the gradient, but i don't know how to explain what is meant by it? can anyone help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guy96)
    Anyone know where I can find a crumple zones question on a past paper ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've done all of the past papers and I can't recall coming across a question do with with crumple zones...they mainly focus on seat belts and air bags...

ReputationRep:
    This is my hooke's law notes, I have notes on every topic with model answers let me know if you want me to upload them, and which one !

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zcanf)
    Can anyone explain what is meant by the spring constant?

I understand F/x = k where k is the spring constant, and i also understand that k represents the gradient, but i don't know how to explain what is meant by it? can anyone help?
    K is the stiffness of the spring; the stiffer the spring the larger the value for k

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guy96)
    This is my hooke's law notes, I have notes on every topic with model answers let me know if you want me to upload them, and which one !

Posted from TSR Mobile
    do we have to know about 2 springs? is that in the ocr book?

ReputationRep:
    is this a morning exam or an afternoon exam?!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.