Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Are we all still heading out tonight for drinks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agoodwin23)
    I def need a drink tonight lol! Totally different to what I expected!! Spose it's what we make of it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha yeah okay

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Agoodwin23;44289958]I def need a drink tonight lol! Totally different to what I expected!! Spose it's what we make of it

Now ya said it!! Hahaha alredy have I cooling in the fridge!!

ReputationRep:
    So what's the plan?

ReputationRep:
    Oh god should I prepare myself for the worst? I'm moving in tomorrow. 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind ladies, I need to get sorted. What you's thinking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, will we head out for a feed first or just stick to drinks?

ReputationRep:
    Food and drink sounds good to me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi my names Claire, I have received an unconditional for the adults nursing for the Inverness campus and have recently heard about Accomidation there as well so I will be moving through to Inverness in September as well but I'm not sure what the Accomidation is like there, any idea?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Claire

I am moving up also to the Highland campus next weekend. I am going to be doing the mental health nursing programme really looking forward to it I have not seethe accommodation but have read on here that there are 3 bedroom and kitchen and living room, pretty basic but no wifi so will have to get a dongle thing or use the computers in the library at the campus. I am 25 so an older student but feel ready to begin my nursing studies! are you looking forward to it? alana

ReputationRep:
    Hi I've recently got an offer as well and I am from NI I haven't been given much information either apart from it is £288 per month.

ReputationRep:
    im going to The highland Campus in September I've been living in Glasgow and moving away to study is a bit nerve racking but also an exciting feeling i mean a challenge im deffos looking forward to. i think that everyone's a bit confused about accommodation and what it looks like and the surrounding environment but i just realised that the accommodations are very cheap compared to other places i got an email yesterday saying i would be paying £288.30 a month that is a good price compared to other students that are paying £200-£300 pounds a week just to live in a congested place Inverness is a small town so it wont be as noisy as other places i like my peace and quiet fresh air, beach, forest, morning walks and runs so that will be a perfect habitat for me but if anyone has pictures of how the accommodation looks like or hve stayed up there and want to help my curiosity then pls PM me.. Thanks folks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gaaga20)
    im going to The highland Campus in September I've been living in Glasgow and moving away to study is a bit nerve racking but also an exciting feeling i mean a challenge im deffos looking forward to. i think that everyone's a bit confused about accommodation and what it looks like and the surrounding environment but i just realised that the accommodations are very cheap compared to other places i got an email yesterday saying i would be paying £288.30 a month that is a good price compared to other students that are paying £200-£300 pounds a week just to live in a congested place Inverness is a small town so it wont be as noisy as other places i like my peace and quiet fresh air, beach, forest, morning walks and runs so that will be a perfect habitat for me but if anyone has pictures of how the accommodation looks like or hve stayed up there and want to help my curiosity then pls PM me.. Thanks folks
    Accommodation is in the grounds of the hospital. It mainly consists of 3 story White block flats which two flats in each floor each comprising of 3 rooms, pretty old and basic . Has a homely feeling , are you doing adult or mental health ? I'm starting Sep 2016 too

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Adult Nursing starting from first year does it have wifi in it by any chance.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am just coming to the end of my first year at highland campus (Adult Nursing), and am staying in the accommodation, they are 3 story white blocks of flats depending on which block you are in depends on the set up , some flats have 3 rooms a lounge, toilet and bathroom and kitchen where as others have 4 rooms no lounge and the rest is the same, I am in one of the blocks with 4 bedrooms.

There in NO WIFI which can be a bit of a pain but for about £20 per month you can get a portable WIFI hotspot from most phone companies (mine's EE) and these use the 3G to give you WIFI for laptops phones etc

The flats are basic but they serve their purpose, and a really close to the uni

The air ambulance landing pad isn't particularly far away from the flats but honestly you stop noticing it after a while,

The flats are alphabetical by name for when you are trying to find them, inside the each flat had a letter eg E then inside the flat are the room numbers,, so if you were given E20 thats flat E then the one of the rooms inside, the numbers are on the doors so it is easy

Inverness is great, and the buses run fairly regularly to town, otherwise tescos, Aldi matalan , dunelm, hobbycraft, brantanos, diechman are walking distance

Each room has a wardrobe, bed, desk, sink, storage box, shelf thing, bookshelves, chair (or two) and curtains, and a lamp, the toilet is shared, but that is just a toilet and sink, then the bathroom, also shared, is a bath with a shower over it (except one block which i believe has a shower) the kitchens have a table, oven, sink, work surfaces, cupboards, and a big cupboard for food, a little fridge with a freezer thing in it, then some flats have a big fridge freezer or a second fridge/freezer that previous students have bought and left in place.

By all means come prepared but remember that most people will have plates and cutlery and if there are second or third years in your flat they probably have a fair bit too, I never unpacked half of my plates bring enough for you, and maybe a couple of spares but don't worry if you don't have a wok, 2 saucepan, 2 frying pans , 8 plates, three bowls and a food processor,, if you are short of anything you can get it from the shops (I made this mistake)

Hope this helps,, I know it moved in with very little information so I know it can seem a little weird but they are fine,

ReputationRep:
    Hi im moving over from Ireland and still waiting to here back if I got student accommodation. Fingers crossed.
    Is the first months rent to be paid a month in advance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davpaul)
    Hi im moving over from Ireland and still waiting to here back if I got student accommodation. Fingers crossed.
    Is the first months rent to be paid a month in advance?

Hi, I phoned to ask when I could pay my rent since my SaaS payment comes in on the 7th I dnt come in till the 10th because my grandad passed away and I hve to attend the funeral but the lady I spoke to said as long as I pay before I get into the accommodation its fine they don't mind... Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am sorry to here about your Grandad .Thank you for replying to me .I just found out i can get accommodation.Worries over.

ReputationRep:
    Dav paul you doing adult or mental health ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.