Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls....What size are you and what size would you like to be? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holson)
    If you want to lose weight, I recommend my fitness pal app if you have an apple product. It keeps track of your calories and exercise and tells you what to eat to lose weight etc. but I'm sure you're beautiful! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you. I dont have an Apple product, but there may be something similar for Android.I'll have a look at the play shop app

EDIT: There is indeed one for android. Just downloaded it

ReputationRep:
    I have the build of a 13 year old child -.-
    Im like 4ft 10 or something, I buy size 6 and that's generally what i would call my size, i have fit into size 4 before now, and i occasional buy tops in size 8 for better comfort.

I suppose if i got taller i'd be happy being a 8, but for now i'd like to stick at 6

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pandabird)
    But you may find you don't gain wait in the same way. I think it's best just to make sure you're eating enough and are fit and let your body be how it's meant to.

I'm a size 6/8 and I'd like just to be a little larger, a solid 8. I'm 5'5.. I've a really small frame and I don't have any ribs or hip bones on show, so that makes me think maybe you have a slightly larger frame. So maybe a 10/12 would suit you whereas if I were to go up to a 10/12 by just eating more and not gaining any muscle mass I'd be flabby.

And I quite like being lean rather than more womanly and curvy, I think it suits my character more But I do agree buying bras are frustrating! I just end up with buying a 32B even though I'd be better in a 30C.
    Yeah I think I'm going to try and make sure I'm eating properly and at the right times ( I never eat breakfast!). I think I do have a pretty big frame so I'm trying to eat and do enough exercise so it doesn't end up as flab. Oh gosh I always end up by 32B than the 30C I actually am! Marks and spencers and debenhams do 30C but they're just so expensive If you go in the blue cross sale at debenhams you can get them really cheap-that's what I always do! And because not a lot of people are that size there is always load to choose from
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I'm a size 10-12. I would like to be able to buy a size 10 in everything, however i would love to be a size 8, thats my goal

ReputationRep:
    I'm a size 8/10 on the top and a 12 on the bottom. Have started eating healthily to get back to my overall 8/10 shape I used to be! Lost a stone so far, only about 10lbs more to go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by victoriajackson)
    I have friends who are similar heights who are 10/12 and they have a really nice body shape. They're still toned-ish but just have a more curvy shape. Like I'm quite small chested with a bigger bum which makes me look a bit pear shaped and my hip bones just out so the extra weight might balance me out a bit and hopefully make my hips a bit rounder. Honestly you can see a lot of my bones especially my sternum and ribs and collar bone and it just looks really horrible- I seriously envy people of that size I think they have the best of both worlds slim but curvy also I have a really small back size so buying bras is awful and clothes in general is a nightmare they never seem to fit right some stores don't even stock my size!
    I can't even buy my bra size in this country. Bras are so annoying :mad:

I'm usually a size 10-12 and I'm happy with that.

ReputationRep:
    I'm size 0 but I want to be -99999, its so damn difficult!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clearlyjulia)
    I'm a 4 or 6. I would love to be a size 8/10 but putting on weight is so god damn hard

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh wow. Size 4; finding clothes must be difficult
    I'm an 8, sometimes 6. I'd like to be a 10 but weight gain is a myth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kat_woman)
    I can't even buy my bra size in this country. Bras are so annoying :mad:

I'm usually a size 10-12 and I'm happy with that.
    :O really? That's awful! I think they're is so much hype for catering to larger sized women these days they've forgotten about us small back sizes It's a nightmare finding bras and is it just me or do most smaller ones seem to be aimed at preteens? As thought women over 18 can't possibly have small breasts haha. I don't even know why I bother been so tempted to not bother they're small enough I could probably get away with it lol

ReputationRep:
    :O really? That's awful! I think they're is so much hype for catering to larger sized women these days they've forgotten about us small back sizes It's a nightmare finding bras and is it just me or do most smaller ones seem to be aimed at preteens? As thought women over 18 can't possibly have small breasts haha. I don't even know why I bother been so tempted to not bother they're small enough I could probably get away with it lol
    Yeah I need a 26JJ, which usually conjures up the image of huge boobs on someone really skinny but I'm pretty normal looking and have been made to feel like a freak for it by rude fitters before I have to order them from Poland custom made, but they're non returnable and I cant try them on so it's hit and miss. I usually put up with a 28J but it's not ideal, especially when I need support and they're so damn expensive.

I hate that small backed bras are targetted at young girls. I mean it's great that they have that but there are plenty of adults with both small backs and small breasts who want nice sexy bras!

I don't have a problem with my size, just seems everywhere else does for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I need a 26JJ, which usually conjures up the image of huge boobs on someone really skinny but I'm pretty normal looking and have been made to feel like a freak for it by rude fitters before I have to order them from Poland custom made, but they're non returnable and I cant try them on so it's hit and miss. I usually put up with a 28J but it's not ideal, especially when I need support and they're so damn expensive.

I hate that small backed bras are targetted at young girls. I mean it's great that they have that but there are plenty of adults with both small backs and small breasts who want nice sexy bras!

I don't have a problem with my size, just seems everywhere else does for some reason.
    26JJ?! I thought I had trouble finding my size at least I actually can find it although they are crazy expensive! Also if you're going to go up in the backsize go down in the cup size it will probably fit better but it's not recommended, that's what I always end up doing! Someone should start up a company that caters to all sizes they never have smaller back sizes because they're uncommon so they won't make as much money And I know I don't understand why they do that what about young girls who have really big breasts, they end up having to wear bras that are designed for adult women that just aren't appropriate for they're age. But again it's an uncommon thing so they lose money so unfortunately anybody who's a bit different doesn't matter :mad:

ReputationRep:
    26JJ?! I thought I had trouble finding my size at least I actually can find it although they are crazy expensive! Also if you're going to go up in the backsize go down in the cup size it will probably fit better but it's not recommended, that's what I always end up doing! Someone should start up a company that caters to all sizes they never have smaller back sizes because they're uncommon so they won't make as much money And I know I don't understand why they do that what about young girls who have really big breasts, they end up having to wear bras that are designed for adult women that just aren't appropriate for they're age. But again it's an uncommon thing so they lose money so unfortunately anybody who's a bit different doesn't matter :mad:
    Bravissimo are pretty good but they start at a D and don't go below a 28, so they're more advanced then most but it's still not great. Ewa Michalak make 24-50 A-L cups but you have to get them shipped in. Yeah sister sizing it is a pain as it means they don't last as long. Some 28s are okay but some ride up massively.

It's not as rare as people think, it's because shops use bad fitting methods and add inches to the bandsize making people think they should be a bigger band and smaller cup. The result is a badly fitting bra that usually makes people think bras feel horrible and that they have weird boobs

It's no wonder people are insecure about themselves when stores make you feel like some sort of genetic mutant for something as normal as breast size. The thing that stood out to me was how many girls for whatever reason weren't happy with themselves when reading this

ReputationRep:
    Bravissimo are pretty good but they start at a D and don't go below a 28, so they're more advanced then most but it's still not great. Ewa Michalak make 24-50 A-L cups but you have to get them shipped in. Yeah sister sizing it is a pain as it means they don't last as long. Some 28s are okay but some ride up massively.

It's not as rare as people think, it's because shops use bad fitting methods and add inches to the bandsize making people think they should be a bigger band and smaller cup. The result is a badly fitting bra that usually makes people think bras feel horrible and that they have weird boobs

It's no wonder people are insecure about themselves when stores make you feel like some sort of genetic mutant for something as normal as breast size. The thing that stood out to me was how many girls for whatever reason weren't happy with themselves when reading this
    I never heard of them before, no I know what you mean about that not sizing properly I must have been fitted/measured in every store in manchester hoping to find a comfortable fit and I have a never been told the same size twice one woman even told me I was a 30D hahaha I know I'm not a 30D they only thing she was close to was the back size. I think I've gone down to a 28 now seem to keep losing weight I've noticed recently stores and the media making you feel crap about being slim the amount of stores now that don't stock clothes under a size 12 is awful. I get that "curves are in" but I don't diet I'm just this size. I noticed that not a lot of girls are happy with the way they are but it's hard considering from a young age we're taught by TV and magazines we need to look a certain way to be attractive and that how much you are liked and how succesful you are is based on how attractive you are. I want to gain weight for many reasons not just to make me more attractive I want the extra insulation- I'm always cold! And for health reasons like I'm 2st underweight and I'd rather not be Other than that I'm happy with the way I look I even like the fact I have small breasts

ReputationRep:
    I never heard of them before, no I know what you mean about that not sizing properly I must have been fitted/measured in every store in manchester hoping to find a comfortable fit and I have a never been told the same size twice one woman even told me I was a 30D hahaha I know I'm not a 30D they only thing she was close to was the back size. I think I've gone down to a 28 now seem to keep losing weight I've noticed recently stores and the media making you feel crap about being slim the amount of stores now that don't stock clothes under a size 12 is awful. I get that "curves are in" but I don't diet I'm just this size. I noticed that not a lot of girls are happy with the way they are but it's hard considering from a young age we're taught by TV and magazines we need to look a certain way to be attractive and that how much you are liked and how succesful you are is based on how attractive you are. I want to gain weight for many reasons not just to make me more attractive I want the extra insulation- I'm always cold! And for health reasons like I'm 2st underweight and I'd rather not be Other than that I'm happy with the way I look I even like the fact I have small breasts
    They're not well known over here, but in the world of lingerie blogging they're quite well known brand because most bloggers have hard to find sizes.

Yeah I'm not feeling that at all. I'm a weird in between size, where I'm not 'skinny' but I'm not plus size, and I hate the term normal sized, so I don't know what to call it, a healthy size I guess, but even so I dislike body shaming of small and large women alike. We should all be encouraging each other to feel beautiful in our bodies instead of constantly being offensive.

That doesn't necessarily change - I'm always freezing too. I'm glad you're happy with how you look, I wish more people were

ReputationRep:
    They're not well known over here, but in the world of lingerie blogging they're quite well known brand because most bloggers have hard to find sizes.

Yeah I'm not feeling that at all. I'm a weird in between size, where I'm not 'skinny' but I'm not plus size, and I hate the term normal sized, so I don't know what to call it, a healthy size I guess, but even so I dislike body shaming of small and large women alike. We should all be encouraging each other to feel beautiful in our bodies instead of constantly being offensive.

That doesn't necessarily change - I'm always freezing too. I'm glad you're happy with how you look, I wish more people were
    Yeah I like that term healthy size I hate the whole plus sized ideal sized terminology. I think if women where more supportive of each other it would help people to be happier, most of the comments I've had about the way I look have been from women And aww really? I was hoping it might help me to stay warm if I gained some extra weight haha, I'm anemic always looking for ways to keep warm haha. I'm glad you're happy the way you look too I wish more people where too most of my friends are always worrying about it wanting to lose this much weight from their thighs or stomach, one's even planned a breast enlargement for when she's 21 it's horrible listening to them tear themselves to pieces.

Im a size 10 and would ideally like to be a size 8 im 5ft11

ReputationRep:
    5'6 and range from an 8-12 depending on where I shop! 8-10 is my ideal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little_missy01)
    Im a 6/8, I'd like to be a fuller fitted 8
    And yes I do eat properly, atleast every two hours. Think my metabolism a too fast.
    Im happy with my body, I'm just sick of hearing people say 'you dont look 21' or 'you don't eat anything' or 'you're so skinny, youve lost weight'

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I find being called "skinny" a real insult. You wouldn't say someone's fat so why say they're skinny? It's just as hurtful. Totally agree with you.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5 ft 1 (rounded slightly up :blush:) and size 10-12, would love to be a size 8.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5"5, and I'm a 12/14 - Usually a 12/14 in top, and a solid 12 in bottoms, and it can be such a nightmare to find tops that fit me absolutely perfectly! I'm a 36D, which means most tops either fit over my chest, and are then really loose around my waist, or fit my waist and end up like a corset up top

I'm really aiming to get down to a 10, but I'm not sure how likely that is to happen as I'm really bad at sticking to any sort of diet/exercise regime! I'm trying to motivate myself though; two of my best friends are getting married (well, civil partnership, but whatever), and one of them is trying to lose weight so that he can get into his suit. They're having an amazing 1930s vintage style ceremony, and my "bridesmaid" outfit is this gorgeously stunning cream lace dress. I am utterly determined to be able to fit into a size 10, so both of us are trying to slim down together :dumbells:

Always such a great incentive!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.