Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

AQA Economics Unit 4 11th June 2013 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlie7wright)
    Do you not have textbooks, class notes and past papers?
    Iv got past papers that's about it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would say go through the specification and find what you are least confident on, revise it thoroughly and then attempt a question on it either with or without notes. Either way after that it should be engrained into your memory
    Thank you! It's just so hard trying to remember it all! What do you want overall in economics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qr95)
    Iv got past papers that's about it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol da*** have you been using all year then?

I can't really recommend anything then I'm afraid. Unless somebody has notes you'll have to stick to tutor2u or pajholden on YT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awilson94)
    Thank you! It's just so hard trying to remember it all! What do you want overall in economics?
    Yeah haha although I found remembering all of unit 3 a lot more difficult!

Well I was on 181 from AS but I screwed up this unit in January which is why I'm resitting now. I think unit 3 went really well so hopefully if this goes the same I should have an A* I only need an A for uni though and if I got over 72 in unit 3 then that is secure so this exam is pretty pressure-free for me I guess haha. What do you want?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah haha although I found remembering all of unit 3 a lot more difficult!

Well I was on 181 from AS but I screwed up this unit in January which is why I'm resitting now. I think unit 3 went really well so hopefully if this goes the same I should have an A* I only need an A for uni though and if I got over 72 in unit 3 then that is secure so this exam is pretty pressure-free for me I guess haha. What do you want?
    As if well done I also ****ed my unit 3 up in January but I resat unit 2 to bring my overall grade up! I want a B! I need 83 UMS for a B! So hopefully I'll get that! An A would be good but I only need a B!

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, are we allowed to use the date from the comparing extract like the stats and figures in our 25 mark questions?

ReputationRep:
    As if well done I also ****ed my unit 3 up in January but I resat unit 2 to bring my overall grade up! I want a B! I need 83 UMS for a B! So hopefully I'll get that! An A would be good but I only need a B!
    Thanks how'd you find unit 2? I liked it last year, its a nice unit to bring your overall grade up I think. 83 UMS is very doable, just make sure to read the question and answer it properly because if your knowledge is good the only thing that might stop you getting 83 is if you answer a slightly different question than it actually wants (which is incidentally is what I did in ECON4 in Jan haha). Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dani robin)
    hey guys, are we allowed to use the date from the comparing extract like the stats and figures in our 25 mark questions?
    If you're talking about the data you use for the 5 mark question then yes, its in a lot of examiners reports that students do not use it and should

ReputationRep:
    what effects does cost push inflation have on investment and labour prodcutivity?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dani robin)
    Do you mean use information from context 1 for a context 2 question?

If so I highly doubt any of the information will be relevant to your question if it's taken from another context. But if it's only facts and figures and is 100% relevant then I don't see why not.

If you mean use data from the same context then yes this is exactly what you must do to achieve higher levels.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks how'd you find unit 2? I liked it last year, its a nice unit to bring your overall grade up I think. 83 UMS is very doable, just make sure to read the question and answer it properly because if your knowledge is good the only thing that might stop you getting 83 is if you answer a slightly different question than it actually wants (which is incidentally is what I did in ECON4 in Jan haha). Good luck!
    Unit 2 was good thanks, I just struggle with multiple choice, in my unit 1 I got full marks on the written section and dropped the marks on multiple choice leaving me with 83/100 in unit 1! I had a C in my unit 2 and I'm hoping to bring that up to atleast a B or even an A! Yeah I have problems trying to acknowledge what exactly the question wants me to do!

ReputationRep:
    Lol da*** have you been using all year then?

I can't really recommend anything then I'm afraid. Unless somebody has notes you'll have to stick to tutor2u or pajholden on YT.
    Finally found some good notes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This is the exact reason I help people too haha. If I'm explaining something to somebody I need to be 100% sure in my understanding so I can explain it well so it's quite helpful for my revision.

So if anybody has anything they aren't 100% confident on I will do my best to help if you need it
    Hiya, Could you please explain quantitative easing to me... I know this occurs when they want to increase the money supply. But why does the bank of England do this by spending on buying government bonds? How does this help? Does this mean the bank is giving money to the government to spend? Also when would you use quantitative easing in answers? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Unit 2 was good thanks, I just struggle with multiple choice, in my unit 1 I got full marks on the written section and dropped the marks on multiple choice leaving me with 83/100 in unit 1! I had a C in my unit 2 and I'm hoping to bring that up to atleast a B or even an A! Yeah I have problems trying to acknowledge what exactly the question wants me to do!
    Well done I hope you get an A. Wow full marks on the written should mean you'll do well in this exam! I remember being told that I'd got 25/25 in the unit 2 MC and I was shocked because I had trouble with them too usually! So glad there aren't any in A2 though.

What I've started to do now to help determining what it's asking me to do is look at the key, connecting words in the question. For example words such as always, and must. Also sometimes it subtly asks you to distinguish between an advanced and a developing economy. Just read the question like 20 times and don't start writing until you're confident it's the right thing haha!

ReputationRep:
    Well done I hope you get an A. Wow full marks on the written should mean you'll do well in this exam! I remember being told that I'd got 25/25 in the unit 2 MC and I was shocked because I had trouble with them too usually! So glad there aren't any in A2 though.

What I've started to do now to help determining what it's asking me to do is look at the key, connecting words in the question. For example words such as always, and must. Also sometimes it subtly asks you to distinguish between an advanced and a developing economy. Just read the question like 20 times and don't start writing until you're confident it's the right thing haha!
    An A would be great! Yeah I like the topics covered on this exam, and its helped me that I've just revised Unit 2! I'm so glad theres no multiple choice on A2! Yeah that's great! thank you for the help! Good luck in your exams! What other subjects are you studying? Are you planning on going to uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bestfriends33)
    Hiya, Could you please explain quantitative easing to me... I know this occurs when they want to increase the money supply. But why does the bank of England do this by spending on buying government bonds? How does this help? Does this mean the bank is giving money to the government to spend? Also when would you use quantitative easing in answers? Thanks!
    Most of the capital held by high street banks to back their loans to customers takes the form of UK government bonds bought by the banks on the bond market. With QE, the BoE buys these illiquid bonds from the banks, paying for them with the liquid 'new money' that QE creates. It basically means that the BoE is giving high street banks money in the hope that it will lend out more of it to consumers and businesses, however, this hasn't happened.

You can talk about it as a part of monetary policy. It's a good policy to talk about because it has been done by the government in recent years and you can easily point out the flaws in the idea (such as the one I have pointed out that banks did not use this new money to lend to businesses) for evaluation points. Hope this helped

ReputationRep:
    An A would be great! Yeah I like the topics covered on this exam, and its helped me that I've just revised Unit 2! I'm so glad theres no multiple choice on A2! Yeah that's great! thank you for the help! Good luck in your exams! What other subjects are you studying? Are you planning on going to uni?
    Yeah macroeconomics is very synoptic so your unit 2 knowledge will really help. No problem, any time Thank you, good luck in yours too!

I study Maths and History as well as Economics and yes I am planning to study Economics at uni too. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Past papers are what I 100% recommend for Econ 4, as for Econ 3, they really worked for me. It is tried and tested key to success!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah macroeconomics is very synoptic so your unit 2 knowledge will really help. No problem, any time Thank you, good luck in yours too!

I study Maths and History as well as Economics and yes I am planning to study Economics at uni too. What about you?
    Yep! Do you have any idea what may come up in the exam? Thank you! I study maths also, as well as Geography! And I am planning to study Criminology at Chester

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kelbel1)
    Past papers are what I 100% recommend for Econ 4, as for Econ 3, they really worked for me. It is tried and tested key to success!
    Did you just do past papers? I'm just on tutor2u atm looking for extra notes!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.