Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It was worth a watch for the bottle squirt alone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWantSomeMushu)
    I'd like to see us go for Higuain in the summer, there are rumours flying around that he wants to leave.
    Yeah...but you're not getting him. He wouldn't come to you guys either. You could go for him. Put the 25 million it'll cost for him but he's not going to leave. There is little to no reason why he would unless madrid buy a world class striker but he's a 20 goal season striker that plays 45 mins each game.

(Original post by Jamiesonn)
    Tbh the premierleague has become better and your talking like Arsenal hasn't struggled in the past seasons at Craven Cottage. Plus it is a London derby you cannot just say it is a safe victory lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not even, premier league has gone much worse than it was 5 years ago because of teams like arsenal, liverpool and united selling key world class players to the spanish clubs. It's resurging though I can see us going hard in europe next season but overtoppling the germans will be tough with bayern in such form and guardiola.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tweek)
    I thought Arsenal were heavily linked with Benzema a few years whilst he was at Lyon, but just didn't bid.
    Seemed like it was another of those 'scout a really promising young player for a few years but not make a bid because they've became good and now cost too much' scenarios.

Benteke is rather good, and he'll improve, and won't cost a lot.
    I like benteke but Im not sure about him, got a feeling hes passport age is wrong. As for benzema hes probably gonna leave madrid this summer if all the rumors are correct so I think there may be a chance but very low. I dont like the way our formation was today with cazorla out on the left, I would prefer either a straight 4231 with 3 CAMs or a straight 433 and have real wingers on the wings instead of converted ones like cazorla and padolski.

May I add, kosh was excellent today, metersacker is everything I hate about a centerback hes not even that good in the air and he only wins balls because of his height. He lacks athleticism in every department the useless rock. I wouldnt mind us buying ross barkley tbh seems a real talent, surprised to find out hes half nigerian

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    What do you guys think if this formation for next season:

Szczesny
    Sagna - mertesacker - new centre back - monreal
    Walcott - wilshere - new defensive mid - cazorla
    Jovetic
    Benteke

Or:

Szczesny
    Sagna - mertesacker - new centre back - Montreal
    New defensive mid - wilshere
    Walcott - jovetic - cazorla
    Benteke
    Not too sure about Mertesacker - thibk Koscieny is the best we have. So would like to see a new CB partner him next season.

Also as good as Benteke has done this season I don't think he'd be much an improvement on Giroud.

Also would like Julio Cesar here next season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If Fulham can beat or draw Chelsea today, yesterday's result won't be too bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Yeah...but you're not getting him. He wouldn't come to you guys either. You could go for him. Put the 25 million it'll cost for him but he's not going to leave. There is little to no reason why he would unless madrid buy a world class striker but he's a 20 goal season striker that plays 45 mins each game.
    If they get Cavani or Falcao, as the papers suggest, then I reckon he is gone.

ReputationRep:
    What a bad ass David Moyes and those Northerners are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    What a bad ass David Moyes and those Northerners are.
    Yeah hes a real mans man when hes not trying to grass on fabregas to the FA for the heinous crime of swearing at the ref

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWantSomeMushu)
    If they get Cavani or Falcao, as the papers suggest, then I reckon he is gone.
    Falcao isn't going madrid, there'd be absolute outrage if he did. Maybe could see cavani there though.
    Even if he is gone I don't see him coming to arsenal. You think chelsea, juve and city won't be in for him, all three more attractive places than arsenal.

Do you think you'll afford him either in terms of wages without completely unbalancing the wage structure? He's not going arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    Falcao isn't going madrid, there'd be absolute outrage if he did. Maybe could see cavani there though.
    Even if he is gone I don't see him coming to arsenal. You think chelsea, juve and city won't be in for him, all three more attractive places than arsenal.

Do you think you'll afford him either in terms of wages without completely unbalancing the wage structure? He's not going arsenal.
    probably end up going to a big club like newcastle...

Side note, how the hell can everton value jagielka at 20mill...

ReputationRep:

Valid point but the Wenger factor is effective an is probably one of main the reasons people come to arsenal. Wenger is a great coach, IMO best in the PL, he knows how to nurture players to reach their full potential, everybody around Europe knows that. The stability at Chelsea isn't very attractive but if The "special" one returns (which I doubt) that would turn in Chelsea's favour. Napoli would rather accept less money for their top players rather than selling to Juve. If you look at Serie A Napoli are 2nd doubt they'd be selling in this summer especially with CL on the way.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how Chamakh is doing at Westham?

ReputationRep:

Maybe there would be outrage but I think Falcao's price will be close to his release clause - if that is the case, if Madrid activate the release clause then there's nothing the club can do about it (assuming Falcao wants the move).

I don't think Cavani is clinical enough to play as a striker for Real Madrid..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    Not too sure about Mertesacker - thibk Koscieny is the best we have. So would like to see a new CB partner him next season.

Also as good as Benteke has done this season I don't think he'd be much an improvement on Giroud.

Also would like Julio Cesar here next season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree that kos is the best but I put mertesacker there because he is a better leader and unless we got a defender who would lead the line - I would keep mert in

Benteke is a massive improvement on giroud - 4 years younger yet has scored more for a worse team. He's a great player, pl proven and can only get better.

I would love Cesar too but his wages are a bit of a problem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Maybe there would be outrage but I think Falcao's price will be close to his release clause - if that is the case, if Madrid activate the release clause then there's nothing the club can do about it (assuming Falcao wants the move).

I don't think Cavani is clinical enough to play as a striker for Real Madrid..
    hes also said hes a boyhood madrid fan.

still cant understand why wenger would offer to play vertoghnon in the midfield instead of as Center back, lost the plot on that one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    I agree that kos is the best but I put mertesacker there because he is a better leader and unless we got a defender who would lead the line - I would keep mert in

Benteke is a massive improvement on giroud - 4 years younger yet has scored more for a worse team. He's a great player, pl proven and can only get better.

I would love Cesar too but his wages are a bit of a problem
    Benteke is no doubt better than Giroud and will onlu get better but I've learned one thing from this season - we need a striker who's been there and done it, so to speak. Someone we know will be a thaw in every team just as Henry was. I think we need to look at players such as Lewandowski, Benzema or Higuain for that. Don't get me wrong though, Benteke would be a great signing.

If QPR go down, Cesar will have to take a pay cut and apparently he desires to stay in London...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure there is some unspoken 'gentlemen's'agreement between Atletico and Real, that Real will not buy their players. I remember reading that about Falcao and so the article says he wouldn't move to real madrid

ReputationRep:
    Clearly we need Leandro damiao...

ReputationRep:
    Jovetic and Villa are the most realistic targets. I would think that Wenger would be more interested in the former as he has the raw talent and Le Prof could turn him into something special while the latter is declining and I think he's lost quite a bit of pace due to injuries. For the remaining games I agree with Soul of Mischief that Podolski should be starting over Giroud, he's the most clinical finisher in the squad and there must be something going on behind the scenes, maybe an injury or maybe Wenger just doesn't fancy him playing up front, perhaps due to Giroud's far superior link up play. Giroud missed four good chances last night and I'm pretty sure Podolski would have scored at least two of them, given how he has a knack for being in the right spot at the right moment. As seen against Norwich, he had two chances, one was a deadly volley that nearly broke the crossbar and the other was a brilliant finish.

And can people stop mentioning people like Falcao, Cavani and Lewandowski. It's not happening, the likes of Man Utd, Man City, Real Madrid, Chelsea etc are more attractive to both the player and the selling club because of £££.

ReputationRep:
    I was reading in the paper that Wenger's gonna make a 10 million bid for Mignolet at the end of the season. Apparently we've been scouting him for a while, and his agent said he needs to move to a bigger club if he wants to seriously challenge Thibaut Cortois for the Belgium number 1 jersey. He's had a great season this year, in a team fighting relegation, but don't know what he'd be like at the very top level...

Also, I completely agree with the guys who said a few pages back that we need to add to the players currently in the squad, rather than replacing them (Obviously we need to get rid of dead wood like Santos though). I know it'd require serious outlay, but we need to get quite a few VERY good players in this season if we want to be competitive. Jovetic would be great, and if we can get Benteke as another option as well then great (although if we only went for one, I'd go for Jovetic). Higuain and Cavanni wouldn't come to us now, much as it pains me to say it. We need to buld the squad and have a couple of good seasons in Europe, win some silverware, before players like that will choose us.

In addition, we need a proper defensive mid, and a great class centre back. I really liked the look of Varane when I saw him, and he's young so will only improve - But Real would never sell him. Subotic would also be great, but again, Dortmund probably wouldn't sell, or we'd have to break the bank to get him. But that's what we're going to have to do this summer.

Also, anyone know what happened to that report from a few months back that an Abu Dhabi consortium was coming in with a huge bid for us?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.