Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would You Ever Accept A Muslim UK Prime Minister? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by consumed by stuff)
    So you think there is absolutely no link?

No i do not, having looked into islam and the way it is supposed to be, it cannot be blamed because people don't follow it to a T....that's ridiculous. People do things to please themselves, that is the way humanity is, i do not blame Islam for the things that muslims do as it is actually quite a nice religion when you look into it deeply. The things it stands for and the things it trys to encourage are quite nice, but i can see how it can easily be taken out of context and also abused.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MAINE.)
    Willing to bet that the UK will never ever have a PM who isnt Christian or secular.
    and white...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bookie123)
    No i do not, having looked into islam and the way it is supposed to be, it cannot be blamed because people don't follow it to a T....that's ridiculous. People do things to please themselves, that is the way humanity is, i do not blame Islam for the things that muslims do as it is actually quite a nice religion when you look into it deeply. The things it stands for and the things it trys to encourage are quite nice, but i can see how it can easily be taken out of context and also abused.
    So Muslims are the problem not Islam? Can u not see the irony.

ReputationRep:
    As I am muslim myself, no. It wouldn't make a difference whether the PM is Muslim or Satanist as the system demands the PM to hold secular values. Just look at Thatcher, people thought she would do good for women yet she did nothing specifically in favour for women. Same with Obama in America, the situation of the black pop. is the same as was when there was a white president. Even David Cameron chose to vote for same sex marriage whilst being christian. So I don't think a muslim PM would specifically do good for the muslims in this country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by consumed by stuff)
    So Muslims are the problem not Islam? Can u not see the irony.
    No, how is that ironic, you obviously have a limited knowledge of islam otherwise you would not be saying that. Just because someone claims to be a muslim does that mean they are? There is many people that call themselves muslims yet they won't even say Allah's name once a day. They won't even pray 5 times a day, they don't fast during ramadan. Is this a muslim? No it is not. However, they consider themselves to be muslims. Just because people are a certain religion doesn't mean they completely follow their religion. This is what you need to open your small limited mind to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slickrick666999)
    I wouldn't vote for a Muslim PM. Would Muslims vote for a Jewish leader in Pakistan?
    Yes I would.... (Provided they're in line with my own policies, and that Im not just voting or not voting based on religion)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.