Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

**[BOSTON BOMBINGS SUSPECTS]** - MIT Shooting|Shootouts And Explosions|Officer Dead Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bo'diddley)
    Guy Thinks He Is Rambo.
    Yeh i agree
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by FCI)
    makes no sense, my thread was about the identity of the bombers as chechnyan, not the shootout.
    Both these threads are discussing the same Boston marathon suspects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanSupremacist)
    It IS! Where have you been - these guys are the Boston Marathon bombings suspects!

But now, it seems a terror cell may be in existence - an older suspect is in custody holding a "dead man's switch" with a device... :eek:
    Staged ....

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I... I went to school with the living suspect. I didn't know him personally, but I was close to people who did. Wow.

ReputationRep:
    sources in Russia are claiming the older borther dead, was an active islamist sympathiser, having viewied islamlist and terroist youtube clips and BBC quotes US sources when he was interviewed as applying for US naturalisation satying he was vey religiously islamic but complained of permissiveness of US society.

ReputationRep:
    Nashua bomb squad arrived. Presser in ten mins, after dogs sweep for bombs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanSupremacist)
    is this your own twitter feed, are you/do you have a source in boston?

ReputationRep:
    wonder if it will force USA to recognise russias issue with islamists i chenya in a different light. im sure russia will pass comment at some stage. ultimatley islamists are islamists which ever country they happen to be in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabzqt)
    not really, considering how big the continent is and how rare these incidents are.
    Not really when most people have guns, and the goverment is allowed to kill any US citizen legally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shahbaz)
    Not really when most people have guns, and the goverment is allowed to kill any US citizen legally.
    I'm surprised with amerians owning guns no-one shot the suspects when they where on the loose. Surely thats the whole point of owning a gun?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodAtum)
    I'm surprised with amerians owning guns no-one shot the suspects when they where on the loose. Surely thats the whole point of owning a gun?
    Massachusetts (and the north east in general) is different from most of the US in that regard. No one really owns a gun here, so it's not unusual that he hasn't been shot by someone who isn't law enforcement. If this took place a few states south however, we'd probably have a different story.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FCI)
    wonder if it will force USA to recognise russias issue with islamists i chenya in a different light. im sure russia will pass comment at some stage. ultimatley islamists are islamists which ever country they happen to be in
    America left Russia to do as it pleased in Chechnya, which meant basically wage campaigns of brutal terror against defenceless civilians on an industrial scale. This was during a period when the US publicly called Russia "a partner in the war on terror", a staggering piece of Orwellian newspeak.

It isn't surprising that individuals from the region are radicalised and lashing out in all directions. It perhaps is surprising that the US allows them to settle there, but apparently these two boys grew up in the area and were at Boston U at Dartmouth, so presumably they showed signs of being well integrated.

A key question will be how they were radicalised and by whom. Perhaps at last there will be a determined move to shut the hate sites off the web and counter-attack radical Salafism and the perversion of Islam emanating from it on a serious level. I'm not holding my breath though, given that the US remains firmly allied to the profoundly corrupt Saudi aristocracy and this is ultimately at least partly permitted by them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    America left Russia to do as it pleased in Chechnya, which meant basically wage campaigns of brutal terror against defenceless civilians on an industrial scale. This was during a period when the US publicly called Russia "a partner in the war on terror", a staggering piece of Orwellian newspeak.

It isn't surprising that individuals from the region are radicalised and lashing out in all directions. It perhaps is surprising that the US allows them to settle there, but apparently these two boys grew up in the area and were at Boston U at Dartmouth, so presumably they showed signs of being well integrated.

A key question will be how they were radicalised and by whom. Perhaps at last there will be a determined move to shut the hate sites off the web and counter-attack radical Salafism and the perversion of Islam emanating from it on a serious level. I'm not holding my breath though, given that the US remains firmly allied to the profoundly corrupt Saudi aristocracy and this is ultimately at least partly permitted by them.

the saudi aristocracy maybe 'corrupt' and boozing party animals, but afaik they arnt bombing marathon runners so i know which is the lessor of two evils.
    there is no question as to who radicalised them- they are moslems and therefore can choose from hundreds of imams and shiekhs that preach isalmic terrorism on civilians on a daily basis.

and to desribe chechyan terrorists as "defenceless civilians " is laughable- do you think we are not aware of attrocitious like slaughtering of children in Beslan schhols etc? The russian army are a brutal force, but then they are fighting against animals that murder schoolkids, so did you really expect any sympathy? is it a moslems knee jerk reaction to side with any islamist , even if they are terroists? That is brainless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LLion)
    I... I went to school with the living suspect. I didn't know him personally, but I was close to people who did. Wow.
    get on the phone to your friends man, give him up

ReputationRep:
    Mother of suspects is on RT now

Very angry. Claims it is a setup. Quite sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MTR_10)
    mother of suspects is on RT now

claims it is a setup.

what would be the point

ReputationRep:
    Aftermath of shooting on Dexter Ave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MTR_10)
    Mother of suspects is on RT now

Claims it is a setup. I feel quite sorry for her.
    I wouldn't.

She'll be of the same extremist ilk.

Very rarely do the parents genuinely not know or realise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FCI)
    is this your own twitter feed, are you/do you have a source in boston?
    Twitter and contacts in Boston - I'm also following local news feeds

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 23, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.