• TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by RibenaRockstar)
    The change of the graphics - the ticks on the who-quoted-me box, and the up-and-down thumbs in the rep box - look really childish to me, which I think is also to do with the size of the font?
    Thanks for the feedback, the aim is not for them to look childish, just more designed, so this is useful to know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikki1805)
    Mine was just awesome.

Jealousy doesn't suit you, T-Dawg.
    Yours appealed to the masses...like...Gangnam style :indiff: Therefore it cannot be awesome.

Popularity is not a compliment in this age.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    Thanks can I ask why you think it's hard to tell the difference? That will help us understand the problem better. Thank you
    Just because the colours are more muted, especially the green.
    Also I think the gender symbols should be a bit brighter.

I do like the new look though, looks sort of like a students notepad

ReputationRep:
    I think the thumbs up and thumbs down icons at the bottom of each post looked better before. Before it was more obvious to see just from a glance how much a post had been pos/neg repped.

ReputationRep:
    Good grief, I thought my monitor was on the way out when I loaded up the site - is there anyway we can pick which theme to have like a lot of forums have (drop-down box somewhere) because this is just plain horrible. It's actually now more difficult to make out posts/signatures etc. that on the previous format, so it's a bit of an odd change to make given this is a forum...

(Original post by Vikki1805)
    This is looking more and more like a CBeebies home page with every site amendment that takes place.
    As funny as this is, sadly you pretty much have hit the nail on the head.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I love the new slidey spoiler boxes.

I've noticed that the 'submit reply' and 'go advanced' boxes for Quick Reply don't give the usual hand cursor as is usual for buttons - they keep the default cursor (in Firefox anyway).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RightSaidJames)
    I do think Arial is a bit 90s - there are so many nicer fonts available these days and it's not particularly hard to embed custom fonts on a site.
    Very true, Arial is so last-century.

If anyone needs counselling after looking at the new TSR, I believe support lines are now open.

ReputationRep:
    The font is hurting my eyes, please change it back. Also I agree that the neg button is far too red compared to the pos button.

I don't like the changes at all. Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Last_Melon)
    Yours appealed to the masses...like...Gangnam style :indiff: Therefore it cannot be awesome.

Popularity is not a compliment in this age.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potally_Tissed)
    I was referring specifically to the font they use for subtitle/body text, not the look and feel of the site in general
    Yes, the only thing is, if you have babied up your entire page furniture and made it look like the home page for an under-9s club, using Arial in the middle of the Toys R Us furniture does not quite have the same impact as it does on the BBC main pages, one of the world's most serious and trusted sites. Just a thought.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by TheCrackInTime)
    How so? They look OK to me.
    Too much Arial.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham22)
    Web design is now about catering to the tablet user. I will not use a tablet for anything other than a quick piss around because laptops etc are much easier to use (fingering about gets annoying after a while) and have more functionality than the somewhat gimmicky 'tablet'. Just look at the abortion that is the new 'Hotmail' (now 'Outlook') design- another move towards catering for tablet users.

STOP THIS NONSENSE!
    Unfortunately, Outlook online is similar to all Microsoft 2012 products, which seem to have forgotten we are not in 1992 any more, and that big blocks are not always needed. Who the hell uses Visual Studio on a tablet for instance!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I've getting blue boxes over the orange bits
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    I've getting blue boxes over the orange bits
    I get the same if I zoom in but not at the default zoom level.

ReputationRep:
    I know it'll be fine once we get used to it but I've just realised that the default avatar has changed.

...did anyone else just think that the same person was making loads of threads?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Potally_Tissed)
    I get the same if I zoom in but not at the default zoom level.
    I don't know if I'm zoomed or not, but I don't think I am. This is on Opera though, and everyone except Boris knows that's a silly browser.

ReputationRep:
    There's no point complaining. Last time there was a change, there was overwhelming negative feedback which was completely ignored. These threads are purely to give people somewhere to complain where the admins don't have to listen.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Really not keen on the default avatars
    Agreed - I've got avatars turned off. But I still have to look at brightly coloured blobby pictures next to every post - I don't want my screen cluttered with images (especially if I'm browsing from my phone I don't want to download the images at all).
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by Clip)
    There's no point complaining. Last time there was a change, there was overwhelming negative feedback which was completely ignored. These threads are purely to give people somewhere to complain where the admins don't have to listen.
    How pointlessly pessimistic. Every single one of the feedback posts made last time were read by me and other members of the team, and we made a number of adjustments following the constructive feedback we received.

ReputationRep:
    My eyes hurt, had to zoom in twice to be able to read the page normally.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.