Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoeyyy)
    It was okay I guess.
    In the energy transferred question, was the mass 50 or 55? 😳
    Yes I have the same doubt. It was mentioned specific heat capacity of the "mixture"?

ReputationRep:
    What was the answer for the question where they asked why sodium iodide cannot be used to make iodobutane?? (or something to that effect)

Also what was the answer to the very last question..why the above process is not used to produce...something...can't remember what!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE)
    Yes I have the same doubt. It was mentioned specific heat capacity of the "mixture"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Munchee)
    What was the answer for the question where they asked why sodium iodide cannot be used to make iodobutane?? (or something to that effect)

Also what was the answer to the very last question..why the above process is not used to produce...something...can't remember what!!!
    Hydrogen Iodide has enough reducing power to reduce Concentrated Sulfuric acid so yield would be lower.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahashuvo)
    Hydrogen Iodide has enough reducing power to reduce Concentrated Sulfuric acid so yield would be lower.
    A reverse argument is also possible right?

Since all the HI is oxidised to I2 by conc. Sulfuric acid.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What were your answers to the following questions?

Enthlapy in KJ/mol of CuSO4

%error and max temp difference

When HCL was added to KI-observation

Using the same equipment,and a stop clock explain how the accuracy of the experiment could be increased by recording a more accurate temperature difference,considering the same volume of 1 mol/dm^3 CuSO4 and 5g Zinc(4marks)

1-chlorobutane was produced from butan-1-ol by reacting it with PCl5.The products were HCl and POCL(maybe)

explain why 1-chlorobutane cannot be produced industrially by this reaction

ReputationRep:
    What was the answer to the first question? the formula of the first solid?

ReputationRep:
    What did you write for the observation that you would look for to know that there is no more iodine?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awesomesoccerfan)
    What were your answers to the following questions?

Enthlapy in KJ/mol of CuSO4

%error and max temp difference

When HCL was added to KI-observation

Using the same equipment,and a stop clock explain how the accuracy of the experiment could be increased by recording a more accurate temperature difference,considering the same volume of 1 mol/dm^3 CuSO4 and 5g Zinc(4marks)

1-chlorobutane was produced from butan-1-ol by reacting it with PCl5.The products were HCl and POCL(maybe)

explain why 1-chlorobutane cannot be produced industrially by this reaction
    My enthalpy was around 914 kj and for my error i did 0.5/ my temp diff which was around 46. My error was 1.08%
    hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KhawlaM)
    What did you write for the observation that you would look for to know that there is no more iodine?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You check and make sure that there is no shiny bluish black solid is visible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by examman123)
    You check and make sure that there is no shiny bluish black solid is visible.
    Oh, I wrote that the brown color of the solution will disappear.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockstar101)
    My enthalpy was around 914 kj and for my error i did 0.5/ my temp diff which was around 46. My error was 1.08%
    hope that helps
    My enthalpy was -194KJ/mol my error was 2.2% and temp diff was 47'C

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KhawlaM)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not no more iodine the question was very less iodine or something if not what's the use of the thiosulfate solution?
    Iodine dissolves in the organic solvent giving a violet purple colour. So that colour should fade away.
    right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not no more iodine the question was very less iodine or something if not what's the use of the thiosulfate solution?
    Iodine dissolves in the organic solvent giving a violet purple colour. So that colour should fade away.
    right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You are probably right. I forgot about the organic solvent, so I wrote instead that the brown color will disappear :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    OK our entalpy was the same and also temp diff. I just used 0.5 for my error not 1 maybe that y. Do u know if we r to use 1 or 0.5. And dw ull do great
    btw pls gimmie a rep?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockstar101)
    OK our entalpy was the same and also temp diff. I just used 0.5 for my error not 1 maybe that y. Do u know if we r to use 1 or 0.5. And dw ull do great
    btw pls gimmie a rep?
    Error x2
    Therefore error is 1.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How many marks was that? Damn I said black solid disappears. Totally forgot iodine forms a purple solution with non polar solvents

Maybe they will mark both since all iodine will not dissolve?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yep. That is what I got. % error = 2.15? And you rounded it to 2.2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    what were the observations for that iodobutane one and do you think they would give the marks for writing the equation of phosphorus with iodine without balancing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wbrian)
    what were the observations for that iodobutane one and do you think they would give the marks for writing the equation of phosphorus with iodine without balancing
    Black solid formed.
    Yellow solid formed.

1 mark for balancing usually.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.