Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel Applied ICT Unit 3 June 2013 Watch

• View Poll Results: How ready are you for the exam?
    Awesome, gonna kill it
    11.76%
    Great
    5.88%
    Ok
    20.59%
    Satisfied
    11.76%
    Help me!!
    17.65%
    32.35%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MannyDhinsa)
    but as-long as you use the write formula which is a SUM: then why would you lose a mark? it would be a bit tight marking someone down a mark because the range is slightly wrong but you had the right intention.

I guess you're right, Edexcel may be a little lenient marking this question. I don't know how Edexcel marks as I do not have much experience with this exam board.

ReputationRep:
    Anybody stressing about this particular exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jayqwe)
    Anybody stressing about this particular exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosie_Hyde)
    yes.
    What did you get in units 1 & 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What did you get in units 1 & 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I Got A's in both Units, Unit 1 is an A whilst Unit 2 is an A but could be marked down depending on the exam boards marking.

ReputationRep:
    I Got A's in both Units, Unit 1 is an A whilst Unit 2 is an A but could be marked down depending on the exam boards marking.
    Lol so did everyone brooo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taz1838)
    Lol so did everyone brooo
    IKR

ReputationRep:
    So far using unit 3 result from january which was appalling i have AAE lool, hopefully i can get a decent grade in the May exam

ReputationRep:
    So far using unit 3 result from january which was appalling i have AAE lool, hopefully i can get a decent grade in the May exam
    HAHA! Same here man! January sucked!

ReputationRep:
    So how did everyone do? I got a C in that exam and kinda pleased, i missed 27 marks because i couldnt get the vlookup function to work :sigh: so out of the 63 marks I attempted, I got 61 which is much better than january

ReputationRep:
    So how did everyone do? I got a C in that exam and kinda pleased, i missed 27 marks because i couldnt get the vlookup function to work :sigh: so out of the 63 marks I attempted, I got 61 which is much better than january
    I originally got 64 in Jan so didn't bother retaking. My teacher said i would get a A in units 1 and 2, bringing the overall grade to a A.
    However, i have ended up with unit 1- 78= B and Unit 2- 64= C
    This was awful because i am year 11, encouraged to take it early and then told it was pretty much perfect, to get a C. I spent so many hours on coursework for no reason. 206/300 overall so only 4 UMS of a B.
    Did anybody else get marked down that badly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whooh1)
    I originally got 64 in Jan so didn't bother retaking. My teacher said i would get a A in units 1 and 2, bringing the overall grade to a A.
    This was awful because i am year 11, encouraged to take it early and then told it was pretty much perfect, to get a C. I spent so many hours on coursework for no reason. 206/300 overall so only 4 UMS of a B.
    I thought i perfected the exam but i only got 66 UMS -_-
    i got 80 UMS in Unit 1 and 82 UMS in Unit 2 so i got 228/300, 12 of an A. I know what you mean though! you get a stupid amount of coursework and you feel anything less than an A is unfair!

ReputationRep:
    I thought i perfected the exam but i only got 66 UMS -_-
    i got 80 UMS in Unit 1 and 82 UMS in Unit 2 so i got 228/300, 12 of an A. I know what you mean though! you get a stupid amount of coursework and you feel anything less than an A is unfair!
    My teacher is good but useless. He told me my exam was the next day LOL, so was happy with a C. Still don't understand how i did so bad in units 1 and 2 and unsurprisingly he hasn't replied to my email. If i only got a C and my coursework was best in the year i dread to think what the rest of my school got!

ReputationRep:
    Well done though, you're going into year 12 and already have an AS-Level in Applied ICT at C grade while many other people got D and E grades nonetheless. My unit 1 stayed the same at 53/60, unit 2 went down to 47/60 and you can still re-submit your work in september/ october time so it can have a chance of still go up to an overall B grade

ReputationRep:
    Well done though, you're going into year 12 and already have an AS-Level in Applied ICT at C grade while many other people got D and E grades nonetheless. My unit 1 stayed the same at 53/60, unit 2 went down to 47/60 and you can still re-submit your work in september/ october time so it can have a chance of still go up to an overall B grade
    Thanks, its just frustrating was told unit 1- 55/60 and unit 2- 58/60 to get a C and he can't even be bothered to reply to my emails!
    Well done to you!

ReputationRep:
    My teacher is good but useless. He told me my exam was the next day LOL, so was happy with a C. Still don't understand how i did so bad in units 1 and 2 and unsurprisingly he hasn't replied to my email. If i only got a C and my coursework was best in the year i dread to think what the rest of my school got!
    Are you gonna do A2 in your first year of college?

ReputationRep:
    Was going to in first year of sixth form but now thinking again should i swap to business? If my teacher cant be bothered to give me an explanation.
    I do enjoy the subject even though it is endless pointless writing because its more business based than computing.

ReputationRep:
    How did you do?

ReputationRep:
    How did you do?
    B, i said it earlier

ReputationRep:
    Well i got an E in the retake for this which in my mind is very odd. not only did i answer every question to what i thought was a reasonable standard but i revised for this exam probably harder than any other ive ever done. Luckily i got a C overall in my IT but it still gets on my nerves how everyone ive spoken to has done appallingly in the exam, if this is the case why were the mark boundaries not lowered??? aghhh its so infuriating

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.