Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annwebb)
    1) I got an question about this before in a past paper, so I put increased use of cattle for food production for increasing human population..something along thos lines anyway!

2) the apples? I put diease resitant

3) cant vaguely remember this one but I cant remember my answer..

4) I put the vein carrying oxygenated because I remember something about the pulmonary vein and umbilical cord vein being the only two to carry oxygenated blood?
    i put vein too but i said deoxygenated..i mean, why would a mother get oxygen from the baby..? i dunno though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faye__1996)
    Yeah it was 5:6 then because they were in different units you times it by something ... I think I may have got 1:10 I can't remember
    Have an +.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by regalrose)
    I really hope you get an A because I have almost all the exact same answers, except for variables I out down temperature and ph because there was a black sheet blocking it, I seriously have no idea. For polygenic inheritance I wrote height, hand span and skin tone. Also for the baby question I wrote lifts head, rolls and then crawls??? Also for another question, deindividuation?? However I spelt that as deindividualisation . And the other one internalisation?
    I wont the rest of my paper is utter crap, i got the baby one same as you. Polygenic one wrong, + If you spell it as deindividualISATION they mark it wrong, i remember in a pastpaper marking scheme it said it was unacceptable :/

What question you talking about anyway i is confyoosed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aay)
    1-Actin/Myosin question- I got contraction of musles
    2- Table regarding the protein structure, got D and pretty sure its wrong
    There was the adanine and cytosine q- 1:4 I got,
    The family tree, I got recessive and not sex linked
    The protein- 2 different genes or something- I wrote co-dominance?
    The next one was about polygenic inheritance and I know I got this one wrong, it was like pick three, I guessed and got it wrong
    One said which group will be affected by social facilitation- 3 and 4 ?
    One was the hormone one regarding the graph, I got x= oest/y=prog
    The rhesus one- I got second kid to a neg mother and positive father?
    Very last mc question- about the apple- disease resistant?
    There were other ones like put the process of viral replication in order and stuff, there was the shapes one, I wrote a larger surface area to volume and think its wrong.
    There was a question about how much the percentage had increased- did people get 180%?
    There was a multiple choice question and it showed plants, I think I wrote light intensity and temp but cant remember the question??
    From the second paper, did you write enzyme activation and the fact it would digest the pancreas if not produced in an inactive form?
    What did you write about the 3 marker question- it was saying something about he exercises and his heart rate increases, talk about nervous system and how it increases volume of blood? And did you get 75bpm for his rate?
    See in the essays for the kidney, even if I bullet pointed and lost my coherence and relvance mark, and talked about stuff like loop of henle, proximal conv tubule and how it reabsorbs glucose etc, could I pick up a few marks?
    Aay, I must thank you. My answers are like 90% the same as yours !! except for the P and Q shapes something about surface area and volume thing ( was a weird question ) and the essay question I did Liver instead of Kidney !

ReputationRep:
    I done the Meiosis essay and the liver essay anyone do them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aay)
    I wont the rest of my paper is utter crap, i got the baby one same as you. Polygenic one wrong, + If you spell it as deindividualISATION they mark it wrong, i remember in a pastpaper marking scheme it said it was unacceptable :/

What question you talking about anyway i is confyoosed.
    Damn... And was the umbilical cord one deoxygenated blood from an artery

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annwebb)
    Exactly what I though too but I got that wrong in a past paper before!
    i'm pretty certain i got it wrong in a past paper too, but i couldnt remember the right answer! awk

ReputationRep:
    Damn... And was the umbilical cord one deoxygenated blood from an artery
    I cant remember what the question was asking but thats what i got too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xhannahdoherty)
    I done the Meiosis essay and the liver essay anyone do them?
    Yup. I forgot everything for the liver one though.

ReputationRep:
    Oh and one thing, see how the multiple choice with the baby. I'm pretty sure it was Artery and deoxygenated blood because it was the blood vessel going away from the baby hence an artery carries blood away from the heart and it's deoxygenated as the vein carries oxygenated blood to the baby ??

ReputationRep:
    Yup. I forgot everything for the liver one though.
    What did you write for the liver one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsGrand131415)
    Oh and one thing, see how the multiple choice with the baby. I'm pretty sure it was Artery and deoxygenated blood because it was the blood vessel going away from the baby hence an artery carries blood away from the heart and it's deoxygenated as the vein carries oxygenated blood to the baby ??
    I got that too! but what was the question actually asking haha! i cant remember!

ReputationRep:
    I cant remember what the question was asking but thats what i got too!
    My sister told m to remember it as though the baby is the lungs. Because then the artery carries deoxygenated blood away. I done that exact question in a past paper yesterday,

ReputationRep:
    What did you write for the liver one?
    I forgot about bile... And fat sand proteins... I just did deammination, detoxification, glucose levels etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsGrand131415)
    Aay, I must thank you. My answers are like 90% the same as yours !! except for the P and Q shapes something about surface area and volume thing ( was a weird question ) and the essay question I did Liver instead of Kidney !
    This is the only think I'm going to get right

Someone remember the sec b questions!

one was the brain, one was the last question about the experiment, split brain patient, river/forest/village question, first one was about the enzymes, there was a question about viruses and immunity, the underlining one? The blood pressure one- graph of ventricular systole. one was about the guitarist.

*** the haemophilia question- i got a 0% chance?

ReputationRep:
    My sister told m to remember it as though the baby is the lungs. Because then the artery carries deoxygenated blood away. I done that exact question in a past paper yesterday,
    Yea i know thats how i do it too i was just wondering what was the actual question because i do remember saying artery and deoxygenated

ReputationRep:
    Yea i know thats how i do it too i was just wondering what was the actual question because i do remember saying artery and deoxygenated
    It was like a diagram with a navy an an umbilical cord asking which vessel carries to the mum or something. It was in multiple choice.

ReputationRep:
    I think I did quite badly. The questions were so odd, didn't like it at all. Did the 2012 paper yesterday and got an A so thought I was pretty prepared for today.. So deflated now though! What did everyone get for that question about village expansion and land use? Think I put deforestation for agricultural land.. Missed out the whole question that begun with "How long did ventricular systole last?" and a few other bits too.. Mad at myself for that but couldn't even make educated guesses. Also, did anyone else do the kidney essay? I wrote that the blood going into the nephron had a high conc. of glucose, urea, salts etc.. Then wrote about the proximal convoluted tubule reabsorbing glucose... And some more about reabsorption.. Don't know if that's right but was so stuck! Also do you think you had do mention ADH changing the permeability of the tubules?? Hope not. And what did everyone write for the cell membrane essay? 1A I think it was. I forgot how to describe endocytosis and exocytosis oh well, time to revise for English now
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    (Original post by ShireenA7)
    i put vein too but i said deoxygenated..i mean, why would a mother get oxygen from the baby..? i dunno though
    The umbilical vein carries oxygenated blood from the placenta, up the umbilical cord, through the liver and then into the right atrium to supply the foetus with what it needs, sorry to say!

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else find that the Human Biology exam had barely any questions about the human body in it?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.