Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by le_rosbif)
    Did anyone do the 10 marker on the River Elbe? The photo confused me. I couldn't tell if it was a flooded river or the houses were built raised above the river...

I didnt say that but i had this weird mind blank and wrote about something completely different yet i know that even if you get the source wrong and make up a new issue and put strategies relating to that you can still get a maximum of 6! so dont worry for whatever you put , i nearly freaked when i found out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by msamra1)
    is anyone doing the f764 retake? If so, does anyone know the advantages,etc... Of GIS software
    it automatically logs data so can store more information and collect larger samples
    it over lays data to produce striking 3d images so is good for data presentation
    its current and up to date being automatic unlike an os map

do you know the disadvantages for stratefied sampling?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chessjohnston)
    do you know the disadvantages for stratefied sampling?
    I only have two:
    - Bias
    - Cannot make valid statistical interferences

ReputationRep:
    The specification says "Candidates need to have undertaken individual research on a geographical topic of their choice, following the stages in investigation listed in the table below. This individual research/investigation should be based on any of the topics addressed in Units F761, F762 and F763. It should provide clear evidence of extension and synthesis of understanding and skills."

I'm guessing that's why they've asked a couple of questions on why you chose the fieldwork/ the importance of the factors when you were choosing a piece of fieldwork. But we've only done fieldwork that the teacher has picked, so when we were going over the past papers he went through one of the pieces of fieldwork and he explained all the relevant factors. So if a similar question comes up, we write it as if it was us, not him tha decided.

Does this apply to anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find the paper?

ReputationRep:
    It was okay apart from the presenting the data question was a bit odd :/ which question did you do?

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find the paper?
    It wasn't too bad. Although this paper is odd. In most exams (other than this geography), you have to answer all the short questions, then you're given then get a choice of essay question. But this was the opposite.

(Original post by seem_beem)
    It was okay apart from the presenting the data question was a bit odd :/ which question did you do?
    My entire class blagged that question and we all wrote about different bits of fieldwork (there's only 5 of us). We've done plenty of bits of fieldwork. And a couple of weeks ago spent about 2-3 lessons of various kinds of maps, graphs and charts. BUT we only made a couple of graphs/maps in total that displayed the results from our fieldwork, which wouldn't have been enough to answer the question. So we expanded on what we had done and wrote about what the other charts and graphs and maps would have looked like if we had drawn them, but writing it as if we had. Anyway the examiner doesn't see our fieldwork write-ups, so they don't know what the data presentation would look like, so it didn't matter that we blagged it.

So yeah, we blagged it, saying what we thought the maps/graphs/charts would show and how effective they would all be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seem_beem)
    I thought the paper was decent, much better than the one in January and I did question 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anony.mouse)
    It wasn't too bad. Although this paper is odd. In most exams (other than geography geography), you have to answer all the short questions, then you're given then get a choice of essay question. But this was the opposite.

My entire class blagged that question and we all wrote about different bits of fieldwork (there's only 5 of us). We've done plenty of bits of fieldwork. And a couple of weeks ago spent about 2-3 lessons of various kinds of maps, graphs and charts. BUT we only made a couple of graphs/maps in total that displayed the results from our fieldwork.

So yeah, we blagged it, saying what we thought the maps/graphs/charts would show and how effective they would all be.
    Thats what my class did aswell, I just made up the the different ways of presenting data! There's no way they can find out because everyone did a different investigation

ReputationRep:
    Thats what my class did aswell, I just made up the the different ways of presenting data! There's no way they can find out because everyone did a different investigation
    Precisely and we don't hand in any fieldwork write-ups to OCR.

My mum said she had some kind of controlled assessment for her access course. They could take in a page of notes and the questiosn were related to the research she had done and the notes she made. But candidates had to hand their notes in with their exam paper.

If we had to do similar and take our write-up in, it would be difficult to blag something if it wasn't in your notes as the examiner would know you've just made it up.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.