Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are you proud of where you come from? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Brunei - job wise hate it, food love it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StephenNaulls)
    I suppose I'm proud of myself for forging something for myself out of a pretty bad area. I don't think I'd have the same drive, ambition and work-ethic if I didn't come from Immingham and have to go to the school there, so I think that living in a poor area instills certain qualities within us that those in better areas might have to develop in other ways.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I feel for you coming from a place near Grimsby.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darren96)
    I feel for you coming from a place near Grimsby.
    What's wrong with that? We have the nearby town-to-town banter, but I don't think it's THAT bad. It's deprived, but so are a lot of places?

ReputationRep:
    I suppose I'm proud of where I came from in comparison to where I am now; I hold no love for the place itself although I realise there are far worse places in the world (I come from Bolton btw)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jodie_668)
    A fellow Brummie!

I'm proud of the city I come from. It has pretty much anything you could ever want (Bullring shopping centre, LG Arena, MASSIVE QE Hospital, Lickey Hills park...) and I love the diversity, one district of Birmingham will be completely different to another district.
    Like London but cheaper? Birmingham has a bad reputation throughout the rest of the UK but really, It's got the nicest people and it has so much diversity in both people and places.

ReputationRep:
    No, as there are no job opportunities. However people are very friendly.

ReputationRep:
    I used to be till I realised how stupid it was to be proud of being from a place when it wasn't something I did on purpose.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Alice:))
    Another Cov person

yeah, Coventry has some great history and some great people. There are definitely pretty rough places too though
    Yep its rough in parts has some complete nutjobs, City center getting better though I guess. But i've sit and watched my childhood friends turn into druggys, I've seen 14 year olds on cocaine.

I get sick of it

ReputationRep:
    Im not sure proud is the right word. I love Spain and its culture and food, but I wouldnt say it's better than any other country.

ReputationRep:
    Bristol Born and Bred.

ReputationRep:
    Tunbridge Wells: Meh- a place for retired Major/Colonels, Middle class families (think grammar schools, doctors/lawyers). Pretty safe, but awfully dull (and a worrying immigrant population )

ReputationRep:
    Depends. I was born in Cornwall, grew up in Scotland but my Grandad's a Yorkshireman so I've picked up quite a few Northernisms. I wouldn't identify myself as Scottish, although having said that I'm making a list of Scottish words to teach my housemates when I go back to uni. I'm just a mongrel really, I've accepted this. I'm not really from anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    from Essex so yes I am proud lol

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, where I was born, where I was raised and where I live are all completely different places!

I'm not proud of any place, as I had no part in any greatness the location may have. I am, however, honoured to be in London (which I've always considered to be my home).

ReputationRep:
    Well I was born in Bedford but mainly grew up around Devon and Cornwall. I can't quite say I'm proud... there really isn't much going on around here and I much prefer being elsewhere. People always tell me that once I'm older and am living somewhere more busy that I'll want to move back etc, but I currently can't envisage ever actually wanting to be surrounded by cows/grass in lieu of people.

ReputationRep:
    Actually yes , I'm proud of where I come from. I think that you shouldn't take economical issues when u r talking about " pride" because nothing is like home after all and regardless everything!

ReputationRep:
    Taking a slightly different angle, I've always said that being born and raised in Greater Manchester compared to for instance London, where I now spend quite a bit of time working, is something that I'm really happy about. This is based purely on the cost of living of the 2 cities.

I hardly know anyone living and working in London (with partners and who both have good jobs) who are able to afford anything like the standard of living that people have (houses & families in particular) in the north west.

Thanks to Mr Branson I can live up in Manchester and afford a ton more than I could living in London, yet still be in the centre of the capital in 2 hours to do business as and when required.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    Where abouts in Cov you from?
    I lived in Binley until last year, now I live in Stoke where the car plant was

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dp247)
    Us Yorkshire folk are always reet proud of where we come from.

Oh, and I'll always be proud to be from Leeds (home city)

WE LOVE YOU LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS

so yeah, proud to be from Leeds, (and Yorkshire!)

yay yay yay!

ReputationRep:
    Born in the same hospital as Danie.... I mean Harry Potter. So yes. I am.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.