Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariaaaa12)
    yeah but how are we expected to know how to say things like aids in spanish??
    it's in the specification and aqa expect you to know the 1000 or odd words on the spec because apparently we have nothing better to do with our lives

:pee:on aqa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joneso007)
    Also I've been revising weeks using a little maroon AQA vocab book. What also really helped was I went to the library and got out Harry Potter in Spanish - reading that has really helped with the reading. If anyone wants to try it, DON'T GIVE UP - the first few pages are a nightmare to get through but then you get into the flow of the language and everything starts to make much more sense than it did before.
    Perhaps surprisingly, I hadn't come across AIDS in Harry Potter...

ReputationRep:
    Spanish is over actually gonna miss revising it

ReputationRep:
    I wrote BD BC for the statements

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joneso007)
    They could do all sorts on phones; Spelling was getting worse; People were becoming antisocial. Also the ones that thought they weren't necessary were C, D and E I think - again I can't quite remember.
    Those were the answers I got

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did my exam today, regret not revising as much as I should have as I really love the language

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dathtom)
    I found Jan 2013 listening much easier than this one, although I used headphones and the sound in the exam hall is awful.
    Hm, our school has a good audio setup in all the halls we do exams so the quality was really good for us.

ReputationRep:
    What did people put for the question about the school timetable, recycling sport one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dathtom)
    I found Jan 2013 listening much easier than this one, although I used headphones and the sound in the exam hall is awful.

Totally agree on the listening thing. Did every past paper (listening and reading) and got an A* and found this one much harder than any other one. Really hope for grade boundaries like June 2012, which was probably the hardest listening as of yet aside from today's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meeeeee7)
    What did people put for the question about the school timetable, recycling sport one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which one was that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TelephoneBox)
    Thought the exact opposite. Breezed through reading, listening I found much more challenging-- hopefully my reading is good enough to get an A* overall as I know my Listening was poor, even though I would be happy with an A.
    Absolutely agreed...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HugeBicepLAD)
    Which one was that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was on the reading can't remember the question number. It was a short paragraph about getting containers for recycling and doing sport.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It was on the reading can't remember the question number. It was a short paragraph about getting containers for recycling and doing sport.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah - I think he said something like less rubbish, more sport

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to see the A* at 30 for listening and 30 for reading

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I put more time for sport and recycling? Because his timetable would allow more time dedicated to sport and not free periods. But I'm not sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can somebody try and make an unofficial mark scheme for listening and/or reading please!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=HugeBicepLAD;42669799]I'd like to see the A* at 30 for listening and 30 for reading
    30 OUT OF?
    :banghead:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evefrm)
    Can somebody try and make an unofficial mark scheme for listening and/or reading please!
    If you look through what's on this thread already most of the answers have come up. No-one can really do a 'mark scheme' because we can't remember what order the questions were in.

ReputationRep:
    ygkg

ReputationRep:
    I put more time for sport and recycling? Because his timetable would allow more time dedicated to sport and not free periods. But I'm not sure.
    I agree with this - More sport and more recycling.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.