Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Lets hope the start isnt anything like the GP2 race

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrAlex95)
    Lets hope the start isnt anything like the GP2 race
    don't worry, Grosjean is down in 13th, so if he does crash it won't affect the leaders.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    don't worry, Grosjean is down in 13th, so if he does crash it won't affect the leaders.
    Good point , hoping for a Mercedes 1-2 with Alonso in third, i can also see Massa getting into the points on a one stop stratergy with an aid of a safety car at some point in the race.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    One of the Mercedes driver's are gonna be off the podium.

I've got a bet on either of them to win the race so I desperately need either Rosberg or Hammy to take the chequered flag.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    according to Mercedes the FIA signed off on it, so the FIA can hardly punish them for doing something they themselves signed off on can they? would be mad...

apparently Mercedes are saying another team did a similar test for Pirelli earlier in the season as well...

is it really that surprising that Pirelli ask teams/drivers to test tyres given the situation? I don't think it is really tbh.
    Perhaps, but it should be done openly, the way the tyre situation is unfolding this season is so farcical.

Yeah I guess there's no way of punishing them, though I wouldn't put it past the FIA...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexInWonderland)
    Perhaps, but it should be done openly, the way the tyre situation is unfolding this season is so farcical.

Yeah I guess there's no way of punishing them, though I wouldn't put it past the FIA...
    according to Ross Brawn on SSF1; Mercedes were approached by Pirelli to do a blind tyre test (they didn't know what tyres were being used even), they ran this past the FIA who green lighted them to do it, they then did it after the race in Spain, indeed they were setting up for it when other teams were still there...

to my mind this is just Red Bull trying to create a scandal where none exists because they can use it to mess with Mercedes heads and potentially gain an advantage through that and also allows them to put more pressure on Pirelli...

ReputationRep:
    Have a feeling Hamilton will win this one.

ReputationRep:
    Martin's Grid Walk :excited:

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, if what's being said in the media is true, that is Mercedes asked and were given permission by the FIA, then I don't see the point of protesting. Mercedes aren't going to be penalised for doing something they were given permission to do. Actually, I reckon this just RBR getting this out into the media so that people know what happened.

ReputationRep:
    My money for this one is on...

Fernando.

I think Ferrari will be bold with strategy and may just be able to leapfrog the Mercs in the pit stops.

ReputationRep:
    whichever Mercedes starts best will make the podium, Vettel or Webber will win, the other Mercedes about 6th behind Alonso and Kimi.

DiResta to one stop and move up the grid a lot as well I reckon

ReputationRep:
    Rosberg win and then a red bull and kimi 3rd. Kimi's always finished higher than where it starts.

ReputationRep:
    I think Vettel will win, Lewis second and Rosberg/Alonso third.

ReputationRep:
    What time is it starting?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Jamiesonn)
    What time is it starting?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    looooooooooool

starting in 3 minutes mate, warm up lap is about to be underway

ReputationRep:
    Urgh, Radio 5 Live is ten seconds behind the pictures :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Mercedes are both slow...as predicted...

ReputationRep:
    Vettel will eventually overtake Lewis :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sergio is pissing Jenson off lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THEMathlete)
    Vettel will eventually overtake Lewis :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I doubt it...it's almost impossible to overtake here and Lewis will defend hard...

all down to pit stops today.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.