Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    You: "Are you a librarian?"
    Guy: "No."
    You: "You could have fooled me as you have more hard covers than my private stash."
    Guy: "Yeah, I prefer hard backs they last longer, yourself?"
    You: "I couldn't agree more. By the way I'd catalog you under Desirable!"
    Guy: "I may not be a cataloger, but I bet I can find a place to fit you in."
    You: "I bet you have quite a nice book worm!"
    Guy: "Do you mind if I use my Dewey Decimal on you?"
    Librarian: "That's quite enough of the library related innuendos, just ask him out already!"
    Guy: "Well I really need to be shushed!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I saw him again today, I smiled at him a couple of times and he smiled back!
    Next step: "what's your name"?
    This is really sweet, go for it! If you smiled and he smiled back, then it's definitely the right time to strike up a conversation

ReputationRep:
    I am waiting for today's instalment with a mixture of excitement and trepidation.

ReputationRep:
    And they say looks don't matter.

ReputationRep:
    It breaks my heart how looks can be so significant...

An ugly guy could have a good personality and show interest in the OP, but would lose to a guy namely the one in the library who has not said a word to the OP.

Making notes on the truth , and not the sugar coated baloni women often say.

ReputationRep:
    I now realize , reading the OP's story that attraction is too important, and some human beings , a lot of us, simply go primal.

If i ever get a girl, she needs to fall for me and not what i am. I work on my looks only so the looks barrier is not there to stop her from knowing the man i am.

ReputationRep:
    Just say to him. 'I have boobs'. Men like boobs. He's a man. Therefore he likes boobs. Therefore he is now interested in you. Problem solved.

ReputationRep:
    Alright, you've made a good start. What you'll want to do now is kidnap him and elope to Yemen until the Stockholm Syndrome sets in. Works every time.

ReputationRep:
    Pretend you need to go to the toilet then ask him to take of your stuff for you if he's sitting near you- obvs take you more important belongings i.e. phone etc

ReputationRep:
    Nobody looks at me in the libary ... :|

ReputationRep:
    Come on OP, give us some updates!!

The suspense is killing me

ReputationRep:
    Put a piece of paper with a link to this thread on his desk... :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ningnangnongbong)
    Put a piece of paper with a link to this thread on his desk... :P
    I like it LOL!

ReputationRep:
    Subscribed
    OP spill the beans!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why do I find this so interesting? The OP's managed to write such a likeable protagonist, I really hope she gets the man!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scapepower)
    And they say looks don't matter.

It breaks my heart how looks can be so significant...

An ugly guy could have a good personality and show interest in the OP, but would lose to a guy namely the one in the library who has not said a word to the OP.

Making notes on the truth , and not the sugar coated baloni women often say.

I now realize , reading the OP's story that attraction is too important, and some human beings , a lot of us, simply go primal.

If i ever get a girl, she needs to fall for me and not what i am. I work on my looks only so the looks barrier is not there to stop her from knowing the man i am.
    Why'd you put this in 3 separate posts? And of course looks are important to some degree, anyone who says otherwise is either lying or isn't real. It goes both ways.
    (If you decide to respond for whatever reason, please PM so this thread doesn't get derailed)

ReputationRep:
    It reminds me of How I Met Your Mother. Long and cute story, but with fewer random people.
    This thread may be your legacy, OP

ReputationRep:
    OK guys i'm seeing him next Monday and i've come up with this idea:
    I "accidentally" pick a seat next to him and then say "this is not possible, every time I come to the library you're here. How many exams have you got?"

On a scale from 0 to 10, 0 being "stupid" and 10 being "excellent", how would you grade my idea?
    On a scale from 0 to 10, 0 being "not much" and 10 being "incredibly", how annoyed will you be if he's ill on Monday and you don't see him?

(Original post by Alexandra's Box)
    Looks are important to some degree, anyone who says otherwise is either lying or isn't real.
    Exactly.

(Original post by Cheese_Monster)
    Why do I find this so interesting? The OP's managed to write such a likeable protagonist, I really hope she gets the man!
    Lol, thank you!

(Original post by shannahb)
    On a scale from 0 to 10, 0 being "not much" and 10 being "incredibly", how annoyed will you be if he's ill on Monday and you don't see him?
    Considering that the term's gonna be over soon... 9.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly.
    Did you get to talk to him today?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 26, 2013
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.