Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibbi1824)
    was that wrong? i swear it underlined it was like describe how fats get absorbed into the body?
    Nope that's right it asked about how MOLECULS OF FAT were broken down and so you should have spoke about lipase, fatty acids and glycerol etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biogas sucks ass)
    Nope that's right it asked about how MOLECULS OF FAT were broken down and so you should have spoke about lipase, fatty acids and glycerol etc...
    okay good! i was getting worried for a second that i'd written about the wrong thing

ReputationRep:
    was that wrong? i swear it underlined it was like describe how fats get absorbed into the body?
    Yeah I'm pretty sure it was just fats so whys everyone talking about other enzymes?!?!

ReputationRep:
    I genuinely think it was a fairly hard paper as is was no where near straight forward, looking at past papers and their grade boundaries....the paper today should have low boundaries however less then likely as exam boards are bong cruel this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i thought it was only about the digestion of fats or did i read it wrong?
    Yeah, I thought that too. What I put was:
    - lipase breaks down fats into fatty acids and glycerol
    - it is produced in the pancreas and works in the small intestine
    - bile is produced in the liver and taken to the small intestine
    - it emulsifies fats so the lipase has a larger surface area to work on
    - it also neutralises acid from the stomach, so lipase can work at its optimum pH
    - this speeds up the activity of lipase so it can break down the fats quicker

I think that's enough to get 5 or 6 marks.

ReputationRep:
    Looking at these I think I've done terribly
    I think I put 23 and 23 chromosomes make 46 for the plant one on question 8 not 4 and 8 and 12

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloestar)
    Looking at these I think I've done terribly
    I think I put 23 and 23 chromosomes make 46 for the plant one on question 8 not 4 and 8 and 12

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did that too!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by candyfloss.head)
    Yeah I'm pretty sure it was just fats so whys everyone talking about other enzymes?!?!
    well the question did say mention any other chemicals involved in the process? so...maybe that would suggest having to mention amylase and protease. Personally i was too brief as well i gave a lot of information on bile but i briefly mentioned about amylase, protease and lipase and really just where they were made i'm guessing i got around 3/4 marks :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I think I did okay, I got some stuff about the genetic code wrong, and the chromosome, my teacher went through the paper after school, it seems I got around 40 marks, but I'm not getting my hopes too high. The 6 mark question was great, I revised it the night before and the morning, had a feeling something like that would come up. I wonder how the grade boundaries will be this year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LjWol)
    well the question did say mention any other chemicals involved in the process? so...maybe that would suggest having to mention amylase and protease. Personally i was too brief as well i gave a lot of information on bile but i briefly mentioned about amylase, protease and lipase and really just where they were made i'm guessing i got around 3/4 marks :rolleyes:
    That's good then I did the same but didn't mention proteases and amylases!!

ReputationRep:
    I did that too!!!
    Least I'm not the only one!
    everyones saying its easy and it's worrying me now!

ReputationRep:
    Can someone do an unofficial mark scheme please?

ReputationRep:
    Least I'm not the only one!
    everyones saying its easy and it's worrying me now!
    Same here I'm just hoping the boundaries will be slightly lowered!!

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find the six marker? About the fats and the enzymes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Omg same! I need to get an a star

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's good then I did the same but didn't mention proteases and amylases!!
    My teacher said not to mention other ezymes except the Lipase one, but idk

ReputationRep:
    Yeh hopefully, I wanted an A* but that's not happening haha! The last question was so hard I just guessed tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Apparently, so everyone is saying is that the grade we get from todas paper despite being lower than the one in January is the one that goes through????

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theroyalwe)
    My teacher said not to mention other ezymes except the Lipase one, but, the examiner might be nice and give you the marks
    What did your teacher say was the answer to the chromosome one was it 4 8 then 12?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeh hopefully, I wanted an A* but that's not happening haha! The last question was so hard I just guessed tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeahh you might do!!! I would be fine with an A!! I dont think I readthe last questions properly!

Discussions on TSR

• Latest
  • Personalise
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.