Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For the variable one I said the concentration of the yeast solution. Did anyone else say that?

ReputationRep:
    I think I put glucagon istead of glycogen... ehhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lion542)
    Thats me told
    I found it off wikipedia I think so I wouldn't hold it against me haha

(Original post by OliviaTurner)
    I said temperature in surrounding air

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh I didn't even think of that :[

I said the guy exercised so respirated more
    Wait was he exercising? I don't think I even read the information I think I just answered the questions haha.

(Original post by GremlinFace)
    Yuss! I put that too
    Woo!!

ReputationRep:
    why would glucose be kept constant? It said the volume was constant at 200cm3
    Wait so concentration of glucose could be a variable?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nessie162)
    I think I put glucagon istead of glycogen... ehhh
    Did you notice the trick question about glycogOn at the end after speaking about glycogEn throughout?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know the marking scheme to 2A cause it was quite unclear how to split it up? was it just me that thought this?

ReputationRep:
    anyone doing advanced next year then?))))

ReputationRep:
    Did you notice the trick question about glycogOn at the end after speaking about glycogEn throughout?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I can't even remember now.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What was that question? I think it was something about the function and importance of glucagon was it because the insulin over shoots the set-point of 80, and some more glucose is needed for the blood?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brianthewalrus)
    What was that question? I think it was something about the function and importance of glucagon was it because the insulin over shoots the set-point of 80, and some more glucose is needed for the blood?
    Yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hiimsophx)
    anyone doing advanced next year then?))))

Me

ReputationRep:
    Definitely got yeast question, glucose question and migration questions wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john51)
    Me
    me too regretting it now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brianthewalrus)
    Sorry if I sound like an idiot, but what does it mean 'glucose over-shoots at the point of 80', we weren't taught that :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyndsaaayyy)
    Sorry if I sound like an idiot, but what does it mean 'glucose over-shoots at the point of 80', we weren't taught that :/
    The experiment stated that the glucose concentration at the start was 80, whereas at the end it dropped down to 70

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhh, I see! Thanks! I think I was rushing/panicking so much I didn't read the questions :')

ReputationRep:
    What are the cutoff scores for biology? In general terms, without them being shifted up or down.. ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puashm)
    What are the cutoff scores for biology? In general terms, without them being shifted up or down.. ?
    Last year it was 72% for A2 (92/130)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puashm)

60% B 78/130
    70% A 91/130

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please post a marking scheme to this or tell me the answers or something?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 12, 2013
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.