Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by 4Hyunah)
    DbHi Mr M

For question 5i) i got the area of BDC to be 61.9. How many marks would i
    lose? I got area of sector to be 102 and area of triangle to be 40.1.

For 6i) if i used logs to show that n= 17 then did 1.3^17 which is 86.5 to show that it is smaller than 91. How many marks would i get as i didn't use the value 1800g in my working.

Also for 8ia) i put y= 1 but next to it i also put (0,1). Would i get the mark??

Thank you!!!!!!!
    8ia) fine

ReputationRep:
    1) For 6ii), I ended up with N <= 17 (not N=17). This doesn't lose any marks does it? After all the inequality was 1.3^N <= (something, forgotten what), not 1.3^N = (that something).

2) For 5ii), I wasn't sure if perimeter included the line BD as that wasn't on the surface of the shape, so I just wrote down both possible answers specifying that perimeter = 34.0 but if the question means only to count the lines on the surface then perimeter = (34.0 - BD, forgotten the value of BD now). Would I lose any marks?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by roselle.orleans)
    Oh, wow. Thats better than I expected. Thank you so much for the help. I've been beating myself up for the stupid mistakes I've done. Now, I kinda feel better. Thanks for the mark scheme! You're the best!
    Ok you're welcome.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Big-Daddy)
    1) For 6ii), I ended up with N <= 17 (not N=17). This doesn't lose any marks does it? After all the inequality was 1.3^N <= (something, forgotten what), not 1.3^N = (that something).

2) For 5ii), I wasn't sure if perimeter included the line BD as that wasn't on the surface of the shape, so I just wrote down both possible answers specifying that perimeter = 34.0 but if the question means only to count the lines on the surface then perimeter = (34.0 - BD, forgotten the value of BD now). Would I lose any marks?
    6ii) drop 1 - the question says N is the greatest integer value that satisfies the inequality

5ii) It's not multiple guess - you will lose 1 mark - only one region BDC is marked on the diagram

ReputationRep:
    For question 8 ii, it took me ages to figure out, and I did lots of working resulting in a very messy answer booklet. I used the extra paper booklet and there were loads of crossing. (Literally used two sides of working with crossing out etc until I got the final answer) I did eventually get the correct answer, but is there a risk of losing marks for bad layout?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    5ii) It's not multiple guess - you will lose 1 mark - only one region BDC is marked on the diagram
    Even though I explicitly stated the perimeter = 34.0, and then wrote in brackets that, if they were asking for something different, it would be =(this different answer) instead?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Big-Daddy)
    Even though I explicitly stated the perimeter = 34.0, and then wrote in brackets that, if they were asking for something different, it would be =(this different answer) instead?
    Sorry - it's wrong. You demonstrated that you didn't understand the question which was unambiguous.

ReputationRep:
    Mr M

Hi (again)

For 6)i) i misread the summation formula for an arithmetic question and wrote down a instead of 2a and so got the wrong answer although all other values were subbed in correctly, how many would i drop?

For the very last question i got 2/3pi ,pi, discluded cos^-1 3/2 but instead of doing 2 pi -2/3 pi i did pi + 2/3 pi getting 5/3 pi not 4/3 pi and i wanted to know if i'd drop 1 or 2?

thanks
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by eggfriedrice)
    For question 8 ii, it took me ages to figure out, and I did lots of working resulting in a very messy answer booklet. I used the extra paper booklet and there were loads of crossing. (Literally used two sides of working with crossing out etc until I got the final answer) I did eventually get the correct answer, but is there a risk of losing marks for bad layout?
    No. The examiner will curse but you will get all the marks if the answer is there somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    No. The examiner will curse but you will get all the marks if the answer is there somewhere.

Haha, sorry Mr. Examiner! But that's a relief, thanks (:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by James_01)
    Mr M

Hi (again)

For 6)i) i misread the summation formula for an arithmetic question and wrote down a instead of 2a and so got the wrong answer although all other values were subbed in correctly, how many would i drop?

For the very last question i got 2/3pi ,pi, discluded cos^-1 3/2 but instead of doing 2 pi -2/3 pi i did pi + 2/3 pi getting 5/3 pi not 4/3 pi and i wanted to know if i'd drop 1 or 2?

thanks
    6i) drop at least 2 (misreading the formula book does not count as a misread)

last question drop 1

ReputationRep:
    Would I receive marks if for the intercepts I just put 1 and 4 instead of (0,1) and (1,4)?

ReputationRep:
    What was question 4ii)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi Mr M,

For the logs question 8ii, I wrote:
    a^x=4b^x
    b=2/a
    xlog2a=xlog2(4(2/a))
    xlog2a=xlog2(4)+xlog2(2)+xlog2a
    2xlog2a+(1)x=(2)x
    x(2log2a+1)=2x
    Then I wrote the answer. Would I get any marks?
    Thanks
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Matternot)
    Would I receive marks if for the intercepts I just put 1 and 4 instead of (0,1) and (1,4)?
    I don't think so.

ReputationRep:
    On the sinx=3cosx I did
    1=3cosx/sinx=3tanx
    tanx=1/3 and solved tanx to 1/3

How many marks will I lose?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Ellie_Rosa)
    Hi Mr M,

For the logs question 8ii, I wrote:
    a^x=4b^x
    b=2/a
    xlog2a=xlog2(4(2/a))
    xlog2a=xlog2(4)+xlog2(2)+xlog2a
    2xlog2a+(1)x=(2)x
    x(2log2a+1)=2x
    Then I wrote the answer. Would I get any marks?
    Thanks
    2 marks I think.

ReputationRep:
    Mr M,

For the perimeter of the region question I got the side BD to be 7.51cm using BD^2 = 7^2 + 16^2 - 2(7x16) x cos(0.8) which gave me 56.433... which hence gave me 7.51, I got the arc length and the side of 9cm correct though. How many marks would I lose?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Dugald)
    On the sinx=3cosx I did
    1=3cosx/sinx=3tanx
    tanx=1/3 and solved tanx to 1/3

How many marks will I lose?
    You'll get one mark if you are lucky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    2 marks I think.
    Thank you!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 13, 2013
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.