The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by OllieGCSEs
Okay granted, but what I was trying to say was that he'll answer your question in due course, probably not right this instant

Also granted
Original post by lou_100
Probably both, sorry, as accuracy obviously isn't correct and the method is wrong as you added not multiplied. If there was a third mark, then you'd have probably got that for the correct values, but sadly not :frown:

For the box plot q, for outliers i subtracted 1.5x17 from the median ( i honestly dono why i did that) but it meant that i got 5 outliers :frown: do you any idea about the number of marks i might have lost?
Original post by lou_100
Normally, in past papers they have allowed that as an alternative. So, probably not.

But if I remember correctly they said clearly indicating any outliers.
Reply 143
Did anyone have problems with timing on this paper thought it was a major issue?
Reply 144
Original post by ocelot92
well i ****ed that up - in past papers was getting like 73/75, ill probably get like 55-60 on this ****...the regression equation was ****...would i lose all 7 marks for that question all because i got the equation wrong???

I know how you feel, I'm angry at myself for messing up the timing and rushing question 4 and 6. Past papers this week were all 70-74, I feel this paper was far below :/ Annoying because I know I can do it. I actually do think people considered this a tougher paper in terms of the awkward details, despite what Arsey said about it being a standard easy paper. I wouldn't be surprised if the boundary was more like 60.
Reply 145
I messed up on calculating my mean and standard deviation (that 5 marker) I did all the right method, how many marks would i lose approx?
Reply 146
Original post by lou_100
Can you be more specific? Yes marks would have been lost but it's hard to help you work out how many :/

For the diagram, what numbers did you not include?

for diagram i didn't include 9, 77 and 64, thank you!!!
Original post by nukethemaly
Despite it being a pretty standard paper, I dropped really silly marks (exhibit A) and i'm kinda hating myself even more over that, but I think I may have just made it into an A or maybe missed it by a mark or so. So eeeep, we'll see. how was it for you?

I know right!!! ugh i just feel like ripping my hair out because i know i could have gained another 3 marks if i had just checked over the bloody paper (i was short of time). I keep telling myself 'it's over now, just forget about it' but i seriously can't. It just keeps irritating me. Yeah i also think i would get a really low A (hopefully an A) :smile:
Original post by lou_100
I know how you feel, I'm angry at myself for messing up the timing and rushing question 4 and 6. Past papers this week were all 70-74, I feel this paper was far below :/ Annoying because I know I can do it. I actually do think people considered this a tougher paper in terms of the awkward details, despite what Arsey said about it being a standard easy paper. I wouldn't be surprised if the boundary was more like 60.

Tbh I think the boundaries are considerably higher nowadays.
Original post by Jkidd
I done the same and I think it is, just losing a mark for no reason

I know, sad time eh? :frown:
Reply 150
Original post by SILHAM
Did anyone have problems with timing on this paper thought it was a major issue?

Yep, did 1,2,3, panicked because I'd nearly spent an hour, did half of 6, went and did 5, rushed 4 then didn't have time to finish 6.

Messed up timing completely. Lost 3/4 marks for not answering 6c fully, and then probably a few elsewhere for silly mistakes like not doing % for 6b as was rushing and didn't read properly, writing down the upper quartile instead of the lower for the "write down the value for which 75% got more" or whatever it was.
Original post by Tee Logan x
I know right!!! ugh i just feel like ripping my hair out because i know i could have gained another 3 marks if i had just checked over the bloody paper (i was short of time). I keep telling myself 'it's over now, just forget about it' but i seriously can't. It just keeps irritating me. Yeah i also think i would get a really low A (hopefully an A) :smile:

Sometimes I wonder whether it's worth reading up model answers. Maybe it's better not knowing!
Reply 152
GUYS HOW DO ECF WORK? thanks! :confused:
Original post by lou_100
Yep, did 1,2,3, panicked because I'd nearly spent an hour, did half of 6, went and did 5, rushed 4 then didn't have time to finish 6.

Messed up timing completely. Lost 3/4 marks for not answering 6c fully, and then probably a few elsewhere for silly mistakes like not doing % for 6b as was rushing and didn't read properly, writing down the upper quartile instead of the lower for the "write down the value for which 75% got more" or whatever it was.

I can finish papers at home in half the time because I go speedily as no pressure. During exams I always take time because of this and then end up rushing near end. Had that problem today!!
Original post by Hare-Krishna
Sometimes I wonder whether it's worth reading up model answers. Maybe it's better not knowing!

I get where you're coming from but i honestly can't help myself :tongue:
Reply 155
Tbh I think the boundaries are considerably higher nowadays.

Have you actually looked at the boundaries? Don't have them in front of me but yeah, on the one hand you are right (they used to be in the 50s), but now they range from 60-64ish or something like that in the past couple years. I think Jan 2013 was 61 for an A.
Wish I retook S1 now, this was much better than the January paper :frown:

EDIT: also Arsey I know you said you don't do S2 but can you upload the paper after the exam? Thanks
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Michael12345
In q1 I used the full calculator values for the calculation of the r and the rest of the question...if I remember I got the same values as the model answers though, so I don't know if I'll lose out marks in part a for not mentioning 3 significant figures or what....other than that I believe full marks

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Anyone???????

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 158
Original post by Dr. Django
I may be misunderstanding but on the boxplot it looks like you put 24 for an outlier rather than 14

oh FFS :frown:

:ahhhhh:
Reply 159
I can finish papers at home in half the time because I go speedily as no pressure. During exams I always take time because of this and then end up rushing near end. Had that problem today!!

Same was doing these papers this week in less than an hour. Nobody to blame but myself...hate that feeling...

Latest