Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katiemurrall)
    It said it was starting in october though, and the income statement was dated april?
    The debenture was for october 2012

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Debenture had to be includes but then divided by 12 and times by the amount of months it was used relating to that accounting year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sneaky Aqa especially with the reducing balance method on the machinery. 25 percent for 2 years considering it's company policy to depreciate for the year of purchase

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trust Me I'm Asian)
    Sneaky Aqa especially with the reducing balance method on the machinery. 25 percent for 2 years considering it's company policy to depreciate for the year of purchase

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Son of a

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I thought the exam was pretty good. I know I made a mistake on question 2c when you had to change the profit. didn't include the expenses in 2b

ReputationRep:
    Generally well. Although I messed the 15 marker up abit. Apparently I misread the question. Did it say you weren't supposed to mention the cost of buying the stock control as a limitation? Also what were you supposed to do with the directors x in the IS. Lol I forgot what the word was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dominoes)
    Generally well. Although I messed the 15 marker up abit. Apparently I misread the question. Did it say you weren't supposed to mention the cost of buying the stock control as a limitation? Also what were you supposed to do with the directors x. Lol I forgot what the word was.
    I think it said other than those advantages and disadvantages that were mentioned, and directors remuneration is recorded after profit from operations, which then gives profit before tax i think!

ReputationRep:
    Generally well. Although I messed the 15 marker up abit. Apparently I misread the question. Did it say you weren't supposed to mention the cost of buying the stock control as a limitation? Also what were you supposed to do with the directors x in the IS. Lol I forgot what the word was.

I decreased it by the amount and recorded that as the tax amount ayah

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This paper was okay. Different, but okay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trust Me I'm Asian)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I only depreciated for one year then took away from the assets figure... The depreciation was something like 22,000 wasnt it?

ReputationRep:
    Directors remuneration , you were just supposed to minus what wasn't supposed to be in it, can't remember the question lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infamous12)
    I only depreciated for one year then took away from the assets figure... The depreciation was something like 22,000 wasnt it?
    I got the same thing! well somewhere round the 20s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.yellowey)
    i found question 3a strange. It asked something about calculating how profit and bank balance would be affected with 4 marks each! how did you find that question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katiemurrall)
    I think it said other than those advantages and disadvantages that were mentioned, and directors remuneration is recorded after profit from operations, which then gives profit before tax i think!
    Directors remuneration is an expense?

ReputationRep:
    i found question 3a strange. It asked something about calculating how profit and bank balance would be affected with 4 marks each! how did you find that question?
    That whole question pissed me off, i would have totally preferred limited companies or anything.
    the profit for the year bit wasn't a problem though, but the bank balance? what did u have to do i just improvised.

ReputationRep:
    Yh i did that

ReputationRep:
    Yeh i got the same method and same figure of around £22000

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That whole question pissed me off, i would have totally preferred limited companies or anything.
    the profit for the year bit wasn't a problem though, but the bank balance? what did u have to do i just improvised.
    It effects i and the balance sheet

ReputationRep:
    For the bank, I just worked out how much the laptops would of cost for everyone and said that the bank balance would be reduced by that amount

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunny_bunny)
    It effects i and the balance sheet
    i said something like the bank balance would be reduced by £35000 since it is money leaving the businesses bank account.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.