Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just got my unconditional for American Studies with a year abroad

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gibbs20)
    Just got my unconditional for American Studies with a year abroad

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hello course buddy! Congrats on the unconditional! If you don't mind me asking, what were your predicted grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael J18 :))
    Yeah, if California was cheaper that it would definitely be my top choice for the year abroad, but I've been looking at the unis near New York as I love New York City sooo much and going to a uni in New York State would probably mean I could spend loads of time in NYC!! But we'll see.
    Yeah, although the range of study abroad institutions is just another one the many reasons I've firmed UEA, it is difficult to choose
    Norwich is such an amazing city!! I live on the Norfolk coast just by Norwich, so I go there quite often, and each time I go the more I just can't wait to live there!
    Oohh New York! Literally if you went to New York I would be your semi-permanent couch lodger.
    Exactly, I got offers from Birmingham and Leicester but they don't have the same choices as UEA
    Hahaa as I was reading that you live on the Norfolk coast, someone on the tv said 'Norfolk coast' :yep: but yes, I can't wait either! I thought I'd always want to be in London, but Norwich is calling to me more and more.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Out of curiosity you guys with offers from UEA, how long did you have to wait between UEA getting your application and you getting a reply? I've been waiting nearly two weeks and I'm impatient :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by behindblueglass)
    Out of curiosity you guys with offers from UEA, how long did you have to wait between UEA getting your application and you getting a reply? I've been waiting nearly two weeks and I'm impatient :P
    Well I haven't had an offer - rather an invite to an interview/audition. Sent my application on Oct 21st and got the invite on the 31st

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was kinda lucky with mine, I got it a week after I sent my application. Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    I sent mine on Thursday 7th, I got my application acknowledgement email on the 9th, and got my offer Wednesday 13th

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joanna23)
    Helloo

Course: Geography with International Development and overseas experience
    Requirements: ABB
    AS Grades: AABC (geography,maths, biology and chemistry which I dropped)
    Predicted: AAB

Sent my application last week so hopefully will get an offer, fingers crossed!
    WOO Same as me!! we both dropped Chemistry after AS! Is UEA your first choice??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicole.elkins)
    Oohh New York! Literally if you went to New York I would be your semi-permanent couch lodger.
    Exactly, I got offers from Birmingham and Leicester but they don't have the same choices as UEA
    Hahaa as I was reading that you live on the Norfolk coast, someone on the tv said 'Norfolk coast' :yep: but yes, I can't wait either! I thought I'd always want to be in London, but Norwich is calling to me more and more.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha, everyone loves a bit of New York Yeah, Norwich has such a nice mix of the historical with the modern; not many cities have a medieval castle right next to a modern shopping centre! And the clubs and pubs in Norwich look awesome, everytime I'm there I'm always amazed at how many new pubs I find I always wanted to go to London too, but NOOO Norwich is the place for me

Do you mind me asking which A levels you're doing?

ReputationRep:
    Course: American History
    Grade Requirement: ABB
    AS Grades: ACC
    A2 Predicted: ABC

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Denso)
    WOO Same as me!! we both dropped Chemistry after AS! Is UEA your first choice??
    Yeah it is in my top two, I'm still deciding between UEA and Southampton. Is it yours?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going up next Wednesday (the 27th) for the drama audition/any other interviews they're running?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha, everyone loves a bit of New York Yeah, Norwich has such a nice mix of the historical with the modern; not many cities have a medieval castle right next to a modern shopping centre! And the clubs and pubs in Norwich look awesome, everytime I'm there I'm always amazed at how many new pubs I find I always wanted to go to London too, but NOOO Norwich is the place for me

Do you mind me asking which A levels you're doing?
    Hahaa ohh yesss, they do
    Exactly! When we did a sort of DIY city tour it was amazing just how much variety and history there is. And yes, I believe it's Prince of Wales's Road that has the go to clubs and such :yep:
    Hahaa I think it's going to be weird, moving from what I thought was my dream city to my new dream city...

I'm doing Politics, English Language and Literature, and Media. How about you?
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kabaczek)
    Hi guys,

I think that it's a good idea to gather all the UEA law applicants together
    I guess there was such a topic, but I'm not sure.

Post all your questions, entry points or whatever connected with this topic.

I also would like to know if 34IB is an average entry for Law w/ Am. Law.
    Hope we'll meet together next year
    Hiya I've been offered AAB to do pure Law at UEA. Still waiting on my other unis to reply before making a decision on which to firm and which to insurance though! Are you firming UEA?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicole.elkins)
    Hahaa ohh yesss, they do
    Exactly! When we did a sort of DIY city tour it was amazing just how much variety and history there is. And yes, I believe it's Prince of Wales's Road that has the go to clubs and such :yep:
    Hahaa I think it's going to be weird, moving from what I thought was my dream city to my new dream city...

I'm doing Politics, English Language and Literature, and Media. How about you?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, it's the perfect city in my opinion!
    Prince of Wales Road is where all the best clubs are, but it has quite a bad reputation for fights and stuff, but I think if you're out in a group then you'll be fine

Ah right, good subjects I'm doing English Language, English Literature and Law, I also did History to AS level

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it's the perfect city in my opinion!
    Prince of Wales Road is where all the best clubs are, but it has quite a bad reputation for fights and stuff, but I think if you're out in a group then you'll be fine

Ah right, good subjects I'm doing English Language, English Literature and Law, I also did History to AS level
    It's generally bad on a Saturday night when all the locals are out as well. During the week its ok in my experience. You say the best clubs are on POW but Wonderland isn't and nor is Lola Los (although its just off it tbf)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    It's generally bad on a Saturday night when all the locals are out as well. During the week its ok in my experience.
    Ah right, I thought its reputation was bad all week round Thanks for clarifying that it's only really on Saturdays

ReputationRep:
    Course: Business, Finance and Economics
    Grade Requirement: ABB
    AS Grades: AABC
    Predicted A2 Grades: AAB

Waiting on an offer/rejection

Course: Molecular biology/genetics
    Grade Requirement: IB 32 points
    Predicted grade: 34 points.

Still deciding between biochemistry or molecular biology/genetics... any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Ah right, I thought its reputation was bad all week round Thanks for clarifying that it's only really on Saturdays
    I think the rest of the time there generally less people down there as its only usually students who go out mid week where as Saturday can be students + locals.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 9 Feb '19
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Tue, 12 Mar '19
Poll
Are you chained to your phone?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.