Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Kissed/touched another guy but does my boyfriend have to know? watch

(Original post by im so academic)
    Well you should tell him, that's my point. You should lose him. He deserves better than you.

What did you buy him?

Because nothing you can buy can change the fact that you cheated on him.
    We are going away for 2 weeks to Dubai to get away from everything and have a fresh new start (he has always wanted to go there).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    We are going away for 2 weeks to Dubai to get away from everything and have a fresh new start (he has always wanted to go there).
    You need to be careful in Dubai as an unmarried couple.

ReputationRep:
    You a disgrace to all the girls out there! My GF cheated on me recently and I know exactly how it feels. Your BF put trust in you and was cool with you being out and about only because he knew you wouldn't do anything as such. I broke up with my gf straight away. She didn't tell me, I found out. I really hope he breaks up with you, so you realise what you have done. And people might say it was a drunken mistake, but it was your choice and not a mistake! Girls like you don't deserve to be in a relationship. Tell him asap and let him make the decision, which I hope is a break up, so he can find someone else, someone who's more worth him. And as for you, it will make you realise how stupid you are, so the next unfortunate person you are with, will hopefully never be cheated on.

Last weekend I went out with a couple of my friends and got fairly drunk, there was this guy who kept coming up to me/dancing with me and I was kind flirting with him. I ended up getting quite intimate with him, we kissed and touched each other a bit but we NEVER slept together nor did I go back to his. Now my friends have all told me not to say anything to my boyfriend because it meant NOTHING and it is complete out of character for me to do such a thing but I can't cope with it and I feel so guilty because it is so unlike me.

What do you guys think I should do?

I don't want to give too much away in terms of my boyfriend/how long we have been together because I know he goes on this site quite a bit hence why I am anon.

ReputationRep:
    You should tell him. Stuff like this always comes back round to bite you, and when it does, you'll be far better off if you did the decent thing and told him about it. He might break up with you, he might not. But you should at least respect him enough to give him the option.

ReputationRep:
    you shouldn't tell him imo because he might break up with you
    just don't do it again and you're good to go
    what he doesn't know won't hurt him.

What good will it do if you tell him?

ReputationRep:
    sometimes kissing somebody is worse than sex. defo tell your bf and it's up to him if he can forgive you or not

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I feel sick thinking about it, my hands are sweating as I am typing this message. I can't cope with losing him , but I will once his birthday is over with as I have brought him an amazing gift which I know will bring a smile to his face.
    It's his birthday, I think he deserves the truth. If you have ANY respect for him, you will tell him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QuagmireKatz)
    you shouldn't tell him imo because he might break up with you
    just don't do it again and you're good to go
    what he doesn't know won't hurt him.

What good will it do if you tell him?
    You seem like a wonderful catch!!

ReputationRep:
    Honesty is the best policy, please trust me!

Last Easter my boyfriend did exactly the same as what you did - he went to a party, got really drunk, and made out with some girl. They touched/kissed and he assured me that he didn't sleep with her.

He told me on the same day that it happened because he felt so guilty (honestly, he nearly cried because we were both so upset!) but I forgave him instantly because I understood how hard it was to confess such a terrible thing, and he was so brave.

Obviously I still felt really hurt, but the fact that he was honest about it made me trust him again.

However, recently I found out that he wasn't being completely honest....

He told me before that the girl he cheated on me with was just some random girl, but a few months later he confessed that it was actually one of my friends.

Because basically all of my friends knew, and him, but nobody told me for months, I was miserable for ages because I felt like I couldn't trust anybody, not even my own friends because they KNEW!!

Now my so-called "friends" don't really talk to me anymore because the trust is broken, and everytime I think about it I get so upset. (Really, words cant convey how depressed I am about this...)

So, please don't make the same mistake he did, I beg of you. If you love him and you want your relationship to work, you NEED to tell him, because then it would be easier for both of you to trust each other again.
    Also, I can speak from experience when I say that it's really, really crap to be kept in the dark when everyone you I cared about was keeping something from me. Please don't do the same to him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anya7)
    Honesty is the best policy, please trust me!

Last Easter my boyfriend did exactly the same as what you did - he went to a party, got really drunk, and made out with some girl. They touched/kissed and he assured me that he didn't sleep with her.

He told me on the same day that it happened because he felt so guilty (honestly, he nearly cried because we were both so upset!) but I forgave him instantly because I understood how hard it was to confess such a terrible thing, and he was so brave.

Obviously I still felt really hurt, but the fact that he was honest about it made me trust him again.

However, recently I found out that he wasn't being completely honest....

He told me before that the girl he cheated on me with was just some random girl, but a few months later he confessed that it was actually one of my friends.

Because basically all of my friends knew, and him, but nobody told me for months, I was miserable for ages because I felt like I couldn't trust anybody, not even my own friends because they KNEW!!

Now my so-called "friends" don't really talk to me anymore because the trust is broken, and everytime I think about it I get so upset. (Really, words cant convey how depressed I am about this...)

So, please don't make the same mistake he did, I beg of you. If you love him and you want your relationship to work, you NEED to tell him, because then it would be easier for both of you to trust each other again.
    Also, I can speak from experience when I say that it's really, really crap to be kept in the dark when everyone you I cared about was keeping something from me. Please don't do the same to him.
    I just wanted to say that I'm really sorry that happened to you and I hope things work out for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkbullets)
    I just wanted to say that I'm really sorry that happened to you and I hope things work out for you.
    Thank you

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 25, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.