Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

To the guys(girls too :P): what do you think of me? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack22031994)
    hey there!

I think you are really pretty and quite gorgeous !!!! .The way you describe yourself makes you sound really nice and you do seem like the type of girl I would like to date. My favourite picture is the the bottom one. I like your eyes and hair. You also have a lovely smile
    Thank you

(Original post by Jack22031994)
    I dont know why you have received negs - as I said you are really pretty and have a lovely smile
    Thank you again
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by satisfcation)
    Thank you

Thank you again

No Problem

ReputationRep:
    3/10 chin too round

ReputationRep:
    If I'm pretty then why can't I get a boyfriend? Girls tell me I'm pretty but guys never do, why is that? I want a boyfriend so bad and it makes me miserable to see all my friends constantly in relationships while I'm just single on the sidelines.

My best friend JUST broke up with her boyfriend and she already has like 3 other guys she's flirting/texting with and has already kissed one of them! Everyone tells me I'm so much prettier than her, but I must not be since I've been single for so long. Nothing ever works out. I'll start liking a guy but it always goes nowhere. I'm almost 17 years old so don't tell me I'm too young, because I've been waiting around long enough.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm not desperate I'm just getting to a point where being single isn't making me happy anymore. I know I'm not desperate, because one thing that differs me from my best friend is that my standards are so much higher than hers. I don't want to settle for a loser, but I just wish I could find the right guy and give the right vibes because apparently I don't.

ReputationRep:
    What's with the perpetually surprised expression? ""

It's probably just your eyebrows or someone's stripping there in which case- why's the camera still on you girl!

Also, you know you're pretty. :rolleyes:
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    If I'm pretty then why can't I get a boyfriend? Girls tell me I'm pretty but guys never do, why is that? I want a boyfriend so bad and it makes me miserable to see all my friends constantly in relationships while I'm just single on the sidelines.

My best friend JUST broke up with her boyfriend and she already has like 3 other guys she's flirting/texting with and has already kissed one of them! Everyone tells me I'm so much prettier than her, but I must not be since I've been single for so long. Nothing ever works out. I'll start liking a guy but it always goes nowhere. I'm almost 17 years old so don't tell me I'm too young, because I've been waiting around long enough.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm not desperate I'm just getting to a point where being single isn't making me happy anymore. I know I'm not desperate, because one thing that differs me from my best friend is that my standards are so much higher than hers. I don't want to settle for a loser, but I just wish I could find the right guy and give the right vibes because apparently I don't.
    You shouldnt worry - You are really pretty and you seem lovely personaility wise and my type too if you dont mind me saying

I feel the same at the moment about most of my friends being in a relationship and i just think "I wish i had that" - even just for the companionship it brings

and I would love a girlfriend at the moment too

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you're pretty, and there isn't much I can think of to improve your look. Judging by your pictures, I'd say your smile, face, and boobs are your best features. However, it seems as though you have a large ego because anyone in your position would know all of these things already, which leads me to the conclusion that you're just fishing for compliments.

I generally like people who are humble and don't flaunt their best features to boost their ego, as I find it shallow and quite narcissistic. I also don't like overly positive people as they seem plastic and unable to confront reality and their own emotions. I generally don't like randomness, as I just find really immature, similar to how I was when I was maybe 10 years old.

All in all, you look very attractive, but I dislike your personality and as a result wouldn't pursue a long lasting relationship with somebody like you.

ReputationRep:

Because getting a boyfriend isn't all about looks. You need not worry about your appearance, and you shouldn't really be worried about getting a boyfriend either. I'd advise against actively seeking out a boyfriend because you will come across as desperate and won't enjoy a relationship as much if you don't deeply like the person. If you find you do like a guy then work on getting closer to him and make your attraction to him clear. But don't pursue a guy just for the sake of getting a boyfriend.
    Your friend will get guys easily because she's very flirtatious/easy. As you said she has lower standards than you, ignore what she's doing if you're not interested in that sort of fickle relationship. There's no point comparing yourself to her because you want different things.

ReputationRep:
    This thread is just like Facebook/Instagram. :zomg:

Spoiler:
    Show

Back to topic - OP is alright but that personality erm ...
    Anyway what's the problem with being single at 17 :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Your pretty
    Calm down on descriptions though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    *sigh*

You're very pretty, in a sweet kind of way. If you were so inclined I would probably date you. Satisfied?

ReputationRep:

I can explain exactly why, because I have the same problem.

I am not going to lie, I am a cute kind of pretty. As are you. But that's our problem. There's a certain type of appearance that may not even be pretty (though it usually is), but it's what guys are most attracted to. There are two subtypes to it; the 'unbelievably hot' subtype, and the 'caked-in-makeup-and-fake-tan' subtype, the latter of which often conveys - if wrongly - that they're more up for sexual things than 'cute' girls.

In general, more guys are attracted to hot girls than cute girls. But some guys are attracted to cute girls. I'm going on a date with one who is next week. If your personality is like you've said, you don't have to do anything. Just chat to guys, be yourself, and you will find a boyfriend.

And don't stress about it! Best advice I could give - stressing and chasing boys will not get you a boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paradoxicalme)
    I can explain exactly why, because I have the same problem.

I am not going to lie, I am a cute kind of pretty. As are you. But that's our problem. There's a certain type of appearance that may not even be pretty (though it usually is), but it's what guys are most attracted to. There are two subtypes to it; the 'unbelievably hot' subtype, and the 'caked-in-makeup-and-fake-tan' subtype, the latter of which often conveys - if wrongly - that they're more up for sexual things than 'cute' girls.

In general, more guys are attracted to hot girls than cute girls. But some guys are attracted to cute girls. I'm going on a date with one who is next week. If your personality is like you've said, you don't have to do anything. Just chat to guys, be yourself, and you will find a boyfriend.

And don't stress about it! Best advice I could give - stressing and chasing boys will not get you a boyfriend.
    This is true to be honest.

Saying someone is "hot" or "fit" is a lot different than calling someone "pretty" or "cute".

OP:

Your smile is your best feature imo.

ReputationRep:
    Some of the people on this thread are very annoying. For a start, why is it when a girl criticises another she must automatically be jealous?

But anyway, OP you are very pretty. Don't worry about the boyfriend stuff now. Many people exaggerate their relationships or how serious they are (based on observations) - it's not all fabulous on the other side!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Nope, I'm Brazilian
    Out of interest, are you in brazil at the moment?

ReputationRep:
    Holy crap. You look like this girl I know...

ReputationRep:
    At times, don’t get me wrong, I think I’m a bit decent looking. But overall I think I’m not even that attractive... They are so many stunning girls, I can’t even compare.

I am not attention seeking I just want people's general opinions. You people don't know me I am quite a shy girl (I only act random with people I know very well).

I have really low self esteem and I have many of the symptoms (I looked online). It's gotten really bad so far this summer. Every small thing pisses me off so much and I hate seeing myself in the mirror..I act really different in my mind compared to the way I act outside my room and I beat myself up in my mind everyday....

Are you happy now guys?

(Original post by Infinity_4652)
    Out of interest, are you in brazil at the moment?
    Nope , but I wish I was

ReputationRep:
    You're above average for sure

ReputationRep:
    At times, don’t get me wrong, I think I’m a bit decent looking. But overall I think I’m not even that attractive... They are so many stunning girls, I can’t even compare.

I am not attention seeking I just want people's general opinions. You people don't know me I am quite a shy girl (I only act random with people I know very well).

I have really low self esteem and I have many of the symptoms (I looked online). It's gotten really bad so far this summer. Every small thing pisses me off so much and I hate seeing myself in the mirror..I act really different in my mind compared to the way I act outside my room and I beat myself up in my mind everyday....

Are you happy now guys?
    Instead of focusing on other "stunning" girls, you should pay attention to what you like about yourself. In my mind, you should have nothing to be nervous about, as you look very pretty.

I just have troubles wrapping my head around how seemingly very attractive people have low confidence in regards to their appearance. I understand that having low self esteem is a problem which is hard to get out of, but in all honesty, you should have nothing to be worried about.

I would also say that acting differently to how you would act is a bad idea. Just be yourself, don't feel forced to act in a certain way or adhere to a stereotype.

You may also find that finding happiness within yourself might pay dividends in your search for a boyfriend. People generally look for people who are happy and confident in themselves, rather than an insecure person who attaches themselves to their partner.

ReputationRep:
    Someone who posts several pictures of themself like that in a very frequented forum is clearly either a troll who has stolen someone's photos, or fishing.

Why do people need reassuring that they are attractive by a bunch of strangers online? I actually find it very, very weird.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.