Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm still waiting to hear if I got in or not I can tell you the wait is driving me insane!! Lol I can't make any kind of plans until I know. I had interview at Teesside 5th Dec only applied there.

Good luck to everyone waiting

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amandachloe18)
    I heard back from Coventry within about 2 or 3 days, which was really quick because when i applied for the same course last year it was a good couple of weeks before i heard anything from any uni! I am just waiting to hear from my other 4 choices now!

Yea i'm still waiting to hear from Birmingham and Canterbury Christ Church. So anyway which ones are you still waiting to hear from?

ReputationRep:
    Can anybody give advice on issues affecting paramedics in the health service at the moment? Particularly the West Midlands if possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Littlelegs0)
    Hi, Im new to student room and was after some advice please. I was unsuccessful at Edge Hill due to lack of experience and was wondering if any of those with interviews at Edge hill or anywhere else could offer some advice as to what kind of experience they are looking for. The experience I already have is:

Community First Responder for the Yorkshire Ambulance Service since 2010
    Work as a Home Care Assistant in the community
    Also work part time as an Advanced First Aider for a private ambulance firm covering events.
    Done 14 observational shifts with Yorkshire Ambulance Service
    Completed serval first aid courses.

any help who be greatly appreciated. thanks x

That's all great and similar to the experience I had but after recently getting an offer they said it was down to the varied age range that I had worked with. They like the two extremes from working with infants, right through to elderly people.

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Bournemouth at the beginning of November but have not heard a peep from them yet. Now im getting worried. is anyone still waiting to hear?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mininurse1)
    I applied to Bournemouth at the beginning of November but have not heard a peep from them yet. Now im getting worried. is anyone still waiting to hear?
    Hi, I withdrew from Bournemouth today after firming with another Uni but I had still not received any news and I know someone else who is still waiting. I think the admissions team are taking their time this year. Keep positive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samAMb)
    Hi, I withdrew from Bournemouth today after firming with another Uni but I had still not received any news and I know someone else who is still waiting. I think the admissions team are taking their time this year. Keep positive
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, just joined the forum so pretty new to this,

I have an interview for Coventry, this Tuesday (21st) and I'm dead nervous!!

My second time applying to universities after deciding not to go in 2012 to do Forensic Science because I finally realised my passion towards the paramedic profession. This is my first time applying for Paramedic Science courses and I'm very excited for the opportunity for an interview. I was told at universities that the group discussion might not necessarily be on the paramedic profession and I'm guessing they just want to see your general reasoning and logical thinking capabilities.

Is anyone else attending the interview on this date?

Thanks,

Alex

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview at Oxford Brookes on the 19th feb, anyone have any pointers on questions asked at interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cacatron)
    Do any of you know whether Greenwich Avery Hill campus has a fitness test at interview, and if so what it involves.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Greenwich Avery Hill doesn't have a fitness test, none of the LAS universities have fitness tests, just maths and english exam followed by interview.

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview with Brighton at the end of Feb! Exciting! Totally nervous tho, hope it goes well...

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had an interview at St George's? Or heard anything back after an interview? I had one on the 10th
    December but haven't heard so far

ReputationRep:
    Also, has anyone heard anything off Birmingham City?

ReputationRep:
    I have my interview at St. George's on the 10th February, looks like they're waiting to finish the interviews before they release any offers even though they say on the site it would only be 4 weeks until you hear after your interview! How did yours go?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if this is a bit late but...

STAFFORDSHIRE!

no english test, promise
    they change the scenario each time so i'd be aware of different health pathways, GP/A&E/Outpatients/In patients and some paramedic legestration that you can just throw out as an extra fact cause that can help

For the personal interview just think ahead about why you like their university and how you would deal with university/placement issues

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F-Wiz)
    Congrats on getting in, I've got an interview at Staffs on the 28th, how many people were in the group for the discussion?
    There was 10 of us I think...and 9 in the other group?

Good luck tomorrow, just be confident, listen to others, be polite but don't be scared to speak up.
    & with maths read the question 3 times, some of the wording may trip you up :')

ReputationRep:
    Just been offered an interview at Worcester uni for 9th April really happy

ReputationRep:
    Not really heard many people talk about Brighton, got my interview there end of next month. Has anyone else got an interview there? Or had one?

Crazy facts for everyone on success rates at getting in.

Paramedic Science
      2%

Nursing
      10%

Medical Degree
      40%

Its mad that getting into Oxford Medical School is easier than Paramedic Science!
      • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by revron77)
      Crazy facts for everyone on success rates at getting in.

Paramedic Science
      2%

Nursing
      10%

Medical Degree
      40%

Its mad that getting into Oxford Medical School is easier than Paramedic Science!
      What is the background for this? Those numbers don't mean anything without the background.

Posted from TSR Mobile

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.