Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gavan)
    Well Birmingham and Nottingham are my top 2. Then i was thinking Bath, Sheffield and Aston. I keep changing my mind about the last 3 though. I just really want to go to Birmingham, i loved the course and uni!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, I have my heart set on going to Birmingham and I don't want to apply to any other unis. But I think I'm gonna apply to Nottingham and Surrey as well. One more uni to go and I'm thinking its either Manchester or Bath.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Anyone thinking of applying to Birmingham to do BSc Geography?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeJennifleur)
    Just wondering, has anyone got an offer from Birmingham yet?
    I've just been offered an interview! :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BayHarborButcher)
    I've just been offered an interview! :O
    What subject? And when did you send off your application? I'm getting so impatient!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizz-ie)
    What subject? And when did you send off your application? I'm getting so impatient!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Chemical engineering and exactly one week ago haha. Im actually really surprised because it was by post and all, it's my first reply But it's an interview not an offer so it's probs different!!!

ReputationRep:
    Chemical engineering and exactly one week ago haha. Im actually really surprised because it was by post and all, it's my first reply But it's an interview not an offer so it's probs different!!!
    Oh I sent mine almost two weeks ago for chemistry, they interview as well though
    Congratulations though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh I sent mine almost two weeks ago for chemistry, they interview as well though
    Congratulations though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But chemistry is a completely different department! Different departments run in different ways, like I know at chem eng in Leeds they wait until after the 15th of Oct to even start looking at applicants so they'll take a while to reply. I don't actually no anyone bar myself who's heard from Bham so don't be disheartened, they'll most probably reply in November time.

ReputationRep:
    But chemistry is a completely different department! Different departments run in different ways, like I know at chem eng in Leeds they wait until after the 15th of Oct to even start looking at applicants so they'll take a while to reply. I don't actually no anyone bar myself who's heard from Bham so don't be disheartened, they'll most probably reply in November time.
    I hope I don't get an interview after 28th November, I won't be able to go to any for a while after that :/ Do you mind me asking when your interview is?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I hope I don't get an interview after 28th November, I won't be able to go to any for a while after that :/ Do you mind me asking when your interview is?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The start of November Which I think is pretty quick, I think it's likely that you might have interviews after the 28th. If you're applying for Cambridge I know they interview in December...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Utterly-confused)
    Oh, that's not bad at ALL! I Those are actually pretty good! I am predicted A(English)B (History) C (Philosophy), which hits the nail. I was so upset with the C. Ugh. I should have worked harder for Philosophy. I am doing English lang and lit! We need AAB to get in, correct? With A2B, my offer goes to ABC. Yay! I got a C in History last year.. I have so much to retake. Me too! I started it, have sent it to my History teacher to check and then finally, I shall get my English teachers to proofread. You've got yours for the 24th but not started? :O Get a move on, girl or guy? :P If you need any help, don't be afraid to ask me!

OOOOH, my boyfriend lives in London. I visit often. He's from Islington. Where are you from, mind me asking? I am applying to QMUL, UOB, UOH, DMU and Westminster. So two in London. :P Yourself?
    I don't have a prediction for History which kinda makes my predicted grades pretty pointless lol :/ and don't worry about the C because, you're predicted AB for the two subjects they really care about! And what's A2B, how come your offer goes to ABC? and that's great!!! Don't worry about the C then!

And Ikr, I'm so lazy I still haven't finished my 1st draft :/ I have around 200 words that's lol oops. Wbu, how far are you? & I don't know of any guys called Ruby so I'm a girl haha. I have no idea what those abbreviations stand for looool. But I'm applying to QMUL also! The offer is ABB instead of AAB which makes it less stressful I guess.

I'm applying to Bham, QMUL (like yourself lol) Southampton, Liverpool and Shefield I think I've applied too high as there all Russell Groups aah.

And I'm from East London so not too far from Islington. & Thanks you too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aallen)
    Yay, another English student!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yaay *high 5*
    Have you sent your application off yet?

ReputationRep:
    I know this has nothing to do with the thread but I am also applying to Bham for Eng Lit and History but I have EXTREME writers block! I still haven't completed my personal statement I've left it far tooo late

ReputationRep:
    The start of November Which I think is pretty quick, I think it's likely that you might have interviews after the 28th. If you're applying for Cambridge I know they interview in December...
    I've applied for Oxford, but they said they'd try to sort something out for me if I can't go, since it's not actually my fault

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    TPAM applicant here! Theoretical Physics & Applied Maths

GCSEs:
    3A 3B 2C

AS: ABB (Physics, Maths, Chemistry, also got a B in self-taught FP1)

A2 predicted: A*AA (A* Physics)

Sitting M2, M3, FP2, FP3 as an external candidate this year. Self teaching these modules and I have no access to the FM support group! Hopefully getting an A/B overall.

I'm going to try to apply through A2B aswell, I fit all the requirements, just unsure about my post code.

Just wish I didn't panic in my exams

ReputationRep:
    French + german :d

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeJennifleur)
    Just wondering, has anyone got an offer from Birmingham yet?
    I got an offer in the post yesterday for theoretical physics- I applied on the 10th October. Although it's not on UCAS track yet so I don't know what the conditions are.

ReputationRep:
    If you've been given an interview, you're pretty much going to be given an offer! Where else have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying fort Mech Eng, i applied last year got an offer but chose Lough, turned out i hated the uni so I'm on a gap year... Hoping Birmingham accept me again, even though i declined their offer last year. Anyone else in a similar position, or wanting to study Mech eng?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iLayton)
    If you've been given an interview, you're pretty much going to be given an offer! Where else have you applied?
    Really!? O_o And Manc, Leeds, Notts and Cam, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zaphod77)
    Hello I'm starting at Birmingham for Medicine in September, so I've just passed through the application process! I'd say they're good, but are your A*s at GCSE including the 3 sciences (or double science), English and Maths? Because that's what Birmingham look for in GCSEs now But it certainly looks good!
    hey there! WELL DONE! its not easy getting in and congratulations at getting a competetive course at a competitive uni! may I also say, your blog has inspired me to come to Birmingham it sounds amazing xD any feedback on my chances would well appreciated :')

GCSE- 9A*s ( bio chem physics maths eng lit geo history french arabic)
    2 A's ( eng lang and music)

AS- AAABB ( biology french physics chemistry arabic) -respectively

A2 predictions (A* A* A a) in bio french chem -respectively +chose to take up AS psychology as an extra with an A prediction

Applying to:
    Bristol
    Birmingham
    Liverpool
    Lancaster

Ive been going to an IVF clinic for the past year, learnt a lot about ethics especially, also school prefect, Cancer research events initiator/organiser
    multilinguist in 3 major world languages (arabic, french, english)
    been to 13 schools! (tried not to let this affect grades but tbh they would have been better if we didnt move around so much, especially since this last move was actually abroad this time! so started alevels at a british school over here) however I put this is in a very positive light in my PS

do my chances look okay?! im scared that B in AS chem will pull me down however everything else seems decent as 'decent' gets for us med applicants! any advice at all would be amazing

when did you start to get all your offers/replies/interviews btw?
    also any advice on the interview at brum if I get one fingers crossed! feeling anxious/excited!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.