Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys. I am a european applicant with Ucas tarrif 740 (Ib 44/45 and A's physics, no Gcses) with 732,5 in ukcat. I will be applying for deffered entry due to age restrictions (too young). Is it more difficult to get a deffered place? Also, it is the only uni I will be applying fo deffered entry as the other unis do not have any age restrictions, so I cannot mention my plans in my PS for the gap year. What do you advise me to do. I want to go to London and my only choices are Kings and Barts. Are my scores good enough for Kings, too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StephenNaulls)
    Riiiight.

I have AAAA at AS and am going to continue all 4 to A2. Can hopefully get predicted AAAA-A*A*AA.
    My UKCAT is 2,840.

I also have other qualifications (OCR Nationals, EPQ etc) that I think add up to 260 UCAS points.

Can anyone tell me what my chances would be like at Barts?

Thank you
    That seems like a very competitive score, last year you would have definitely gotten an interview. You have strong chances

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexsk)
    Hi guys. I am a european applicant with Ucas tarrif 740 (Ib 44/45 and A's physics, no Gcses) with 732,5 in ukcat. I will be applying for deffered entry due to age restrictions (too young). Is it more difficult to get a deffered place? Also, it is the only uni I will be applying fo deffered entry as the other unis do not have any age restrictions, so I cannot mention my plans in my PS for the gap year. What do you advise me to do. I want to go to London and my only choices are Kings and Barts. Are my scores good enough for Kings, too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Combing your UCAS tarrif and UKCAT score, you are definitely good enough to apply. I don't think applying for differed would disadvantage you in any way. However, I think Kings need/like GCSEs, so not too sure about that. You can always email the admissions staff, they're very helpful from experience

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KanKan)
    That seems like a very competitive score, last year you would have definitely gotten an interview. You have strong chances
    My stats have changed from when I posted this.. my Sixth Form is basically saying I can't carry on all 4 to A2 and be predicted A's. So I' be doing Bio Chem and History at A2 and will be predicted AAA, giving me 620 UCAS points prediction. Would I still be safe fro an interview?

ReputationRep:
    My stats have changed from when I posted this.. my Sixth Form is basically saying I can't carry on all 4 to A2 and be predicted A's. So I' be doing Bio Chem and History at A2 and will be predicted AAA, giving me 620 UCAS points prediction. Would I still be safe fro an interview?
    Still a very strong candidate, but don't trust me, look at last years stats yourself, I have linked it from the first post on this thread

ReputationRep:
    Still a very strong candidate, but don't trust me, look at last years stats yourself, I have linked it from the first post on this thread
    Alright, great! People keep saying because I don't have 4 A2 I'm gonna get rejected, I'm guessing this is wrong?

ReputationRep:
    Wait... I'm having a minor freak out. Do Barts consider ANY tariffable qualification? I have:

AAA prediction = 360
    Further A at AS = 60
    A in EPQ prediction = 60
    Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma at Merit = 80
    OCR Level 3 National Certificate at Distinction = 120

So that works out at 680... will they count my EPQ prediction in the tariff and are those qualifications acceptable?

ReputationRep:
    Wait... I'm having a minor freak out. Do Barts consider ANY tariffable qualification? I have:

AAA prediction = 360
    Further A at AS = 60
    A in EPQ prediction = 60
    Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma at Merit = 80
    OCR Level 3 National Certificate at Distinction = 120

So that works out at 680... will they count my EPQ prediction in the tariff and are those qualifications acceptable?
    Yes. They'll count all your UCAS points.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. They'll count all your UCAS points.
    That's great, thanks for your help

ReputationRep:
    would 675 ukcat and 620 points be sufficient? That pretty average ukcat i know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by star10159)
    would 675 ukcat and 620 points be sufficient? That pretty average ukcat i know
    Hey, your high UCAS tariff makes up for the score. A mid-range example last year with the same UCAS tariff as you needed 605 in the UKCAT to get an interview

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

How exactly do you calculate UCAS points?

Do you just use the predicted grades for A2 and not include AS grades?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, your high UCAS tariff makes up for the score. A mid-range example last year with the same UCAS tariff as you needed 605 in the UKCAT to get an interview
    So 620 is cossidered a high tariff given that I am only continuing 3 A2s? and should I do 4 A2s for the sake of getting a better tariff or will 620 be ok?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    Im a student studying in Egypt where the only Examination boards we have are EDEXCEL and CAMBRIDGE.

Anyway, I wanted to apply for medicine but im really stressed about my ucas tariff points. Stuff like Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma at Merit &
    OCR Level 3 National Certificate at Distinction

which people have ucas points for really puts me off from applying. In Egypt, we have only THREE years to do IGCSEs and ALEVELS.
    Anyway, I was predicting 3 As or A*AA at A LEVEL chemistry biology and Mathematics with a A/B at AS physics. that gives me about 440 tariff points I guess which is pretty low I think even if I meet the requirements. What would you guys suggest for a hopeless student like me. And am I supposed to include the AS grades from the ALEVELS in the ucas tariff points?

Thanks a lot. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by star10159)
    So 620 is cossidered a high tariff given that I am only continuing 3 A2s? and should I do 4 A2s for the sake of getting a better tariff or will 620 be ok?
    620 is definitely okay I've only got a score of 530 :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zakariya6991)
    Hi guys,
    Im a student studying in Egypt where the only Examination boards we have are EDEXCEL and CAMBRIDGE.

Anyway, I wanted to apply for medicine but im really stressed about my ucas tariff points. Stuff like Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma at Merit &
    OCR Level 3 National Certificate at Distinction

which people have ucas points for really puts me off from applying. In Egypt, we have only THREE years to do IGCSEs and ALEVELS.
    Anyway, I was predicting 3 As or A*AA at A LEVEL chemistry biology and Mathematics with a A/B at AS physics. that gives me about 440 tariff points I guess which is pretty low I think even if I meet the requirements. What would you guys suggest for a hopeless student like me. And am I supposed to include the AS grades from the ALEVELS in the ucas tariff points?

Thanks a lot. :confused:
    either get a High UKCAT or not apply to barts

ReputationRep:
    620 is definitely okay I've only got a score of 530 :L
    I suppose no one can tell but do you think the mid range tariff points will increase by a lot this year?

ReputationRep:
    OMG! My son has just rang me after completing his UKCAT today, scored 3260 (average 815) and also has a 660 UCAS score (actual A-levels + other items as he is a re-applicant). Will definitely be applying to Barts as was on his target list anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perfect Choice)
    OMG! My son has just rang me after completing his UKCAT today, scored 3260 (average 815) and also has a 660 UCAS score (actual A-levels + other items as he is a re-applicant). Will definitely be applying to Barts as was on his target list anyway.
    That is excellent news for him. Is he considering UKCAT-heavy universities?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perfect Choice)
    Nice one pretty much guaranteed interview

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.