Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Jalouise;45924983]Maths: A little tricky but I think I got a little over half right

Biology was okay
    History was the best -whooppyyy
    English was okay
    Physics, I found a little challenging

I needed more than 40 mins for each exam (apart from history)!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lightyears)

Biology was okay
    History was the best -whooppyyy
    English was okay
    Physics, I found a little challenging

I needed more than 40 mins for each exam (apart from history)!!
    I heard you guys weren't allowed to use calculators but on the letter it did say 'Bring a calculator' yet we weren't allowed to use a calculator in any of the exams...

I did get extra time but I only really used it for Chemistry and even with the extra time I didn't finish. Biology seemed the best for me! Just interpreting graphs. I heard several people moaning about Physics :/
    The History Sample paper seemed quite straight forward! I kind of wish I chose either English or History for the entrance examinations instead of RS

ReputationRep:
    By the way, what did you guys think of the first Physics question, about how a vest with holes keeps you warm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrangeBanana)
    By the way, what did you guys think of the first Physics question, about how a vest with holes keeps you warm?
    I wrote about how the string vest will trap air around you, insulating your body. Probably was the trickiest question on the page.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathbomb)
    I wrote about how the string vest will trap air around you, insulating your body. Probably was the trickiest question on the page.
    I wrote something similar

ReputationRep:
    So, any idea of when we are going to receive the letters inviting us for an interview?

ReputationRep:
    Sometime in the next 9 days I assume, seeing as we are supposed to find out in Late January.

ReputationRep:
    I had a mini heart attack when i saw a reply to this thread on my email, lol I thought that people got invited to interviews already!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone happen to know when we are going to get the interview letters? Has anyone already received them?

ReputationRep:
    Most likely next week, I think.

ReputationRep:
    Check this out: Name:  1390922875321.jpg
Views: 585
Size:  54.4 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathbomb)
    Check this out: Name:  1390922875321.jpg
Views: 585
Size:  54.4 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for sharing that. I'm really nervous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Winading001)
    I was sitting upstairs but with a group of Asian students.
    I remember having lunch with you and the two other Oriental students. I was the Indian bloke, horribly overdressed in the grey suit...
    I'm feeling quite anxious for tomorrow's (or whenever it arrives) letter; I've been anticipating it for a couple of weeks now, hoping it would just hurry up and give me the almost certainly bad news. All 4 exams were relatively difficult. The economics one, or the 'critical thinking' test was quite easy, however I don't think that's necessarily a good thing :rolleyes:

I'll update this thread soon with my results, as I'm sure a lot of people will do. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Hey has anyone received their letters because I haven't got mine yet. Do they only send you one if you have been invited for an interview or do you get one either way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notamondaygirl)
    Hey has anyone received their letters because I haven't got mine yet. Do they only send you one if you have been invited for an interview or do you get one either way?
    Mr. Handscombe Tweeted that Harris has sent out the letters on Thursday. I'm expecting all of the letters to arrive either on Saturday or Monday. I'm sure you'll get one either way - it's common courtesy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheIdesOfMay)
    Mr. Handscombe Tweeted that Harris has sent out the letters on Thursday. I'm expecting all of the letters to arrive either on Saturday or Monday. I'm sure you'll get one either way - it's common courtesy
    Thanks I just saw this on the website I guess it means that the letters haven't been received yet http://www.harriswestminstersixthfor...minster-school

ReputationRep:
    Received a phone call from the head teacher stating that I have an interview. Haven't had a letter through the post. Good luck to all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by :-P)
    Received a phone call from the head teacher stating that I have an interview. Haven't had a letter through the post. Good luck to all.

Congratulations!!! Out of curiosity, why did he call you did he not have your adress?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. He called my mum, will probably get a letter of some kind within the next couple of days.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by :-P)
    Thanks. He called my mum, will probably get a letter of some kind within the next couple of days.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Does he know your Mother personally?

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.