The Student Room Group

What are people's current UCAS application situation ?

Scroll to see replies

Have 2 offers, waiting to hear on the other 3
Original post by bazinga123!
Psychology at Sunderland. Very low entry requirements compared to my other choices but still!

At least you know you're going somewhere. :smile: how long ago did you submit your application?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 142
Got an offer from Kent for accounting and finance today, not my first choice but will still take an offer! Waiting for decisions from bath Exeter Nottingham and Lancaster, anyone else not receive an email from either ucas or the uni saying they received an offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AWD96
Got an offer from Kent for accounting and finance today, not my first choice but will still take an offer! Waiting for decisions from bath Exeter Nottingham and Lancaster, anyone else not receive an email from either ucas or the uni saying they received an offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations for Kent! Also applied there as well as Exeter :smile: My offer was only shown on track :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 144
Original post by sophhiee
I mean just for straight English as opposed to with Creative Writing or whatever, sorry I didn't make that very clear, and I'm supposed to want to do a degree in English! Oops!

I also applied to Northumbria, Keele, UWE and Oxford Brookes!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woo, I'm also applying to uwe, brookes and Northumbria :smile:.
what's your first choice?
Good luckkk!!!
Original post by AWD96

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't receive an email!
Reply 146
Original post by Lucy96
Congratulations for Kent! Also applied there as well as Exeter :smile: My offer was only shown on track :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! For what course? It's really annoying would just appreciate an email so I know something has happened

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wideeyedowls
I'm looking to send off my ucas application tonight but I'm just really worried about my personal statement. I've asked my English Literature teachers to take a look at it but they haven't got back to me yet and I just want to get my application off asap ! I feel as though my personal statement is what I want it to be and it's adequate for the English Literature and Creative Writing course that I want to apply for. The universities i'm applying for are

Newcastle

Northumbria

Aberystwyth

Bath Spa

York St John

Is anyone else applying for these universities ? If so, have any of you sent off your ucas application yet ?

I am applying for Business Management at Bath, Warwick, Loughborough, Exeter, Lancaster. I had the same feeling that you have, I wanted to just send it already, so I did 2 weeks ago. I read and re-read my PS 20 times and i was really satisfied with it, but I think you should wait for feedback. There may be some grammar mistakes or sentences you could've put differently, basically finishing touches.
Original post by AWD96
Thank you! For what course? It's really annoying would just appreciate an email so I know something has happened

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're welcome :smile: Biological Anthropology at Kent and just the BSc Anthropology at Exeter! Hahaha yeah :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied to at
Plymouth:colone:ducation
Canterbury Christ Church:colone:ducation&Early childhood studies
York St John:colone:ducation
Worcester:colone:ducation
Sent in my application!

Posted from TSR M
Original post by AWD96

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats on Kent! I'm waiting to hear from them for Economics. Universities don't send an email (notification) of rejection/offer.
Applied for English Single and English with Media (Variations of it anyway);

Royal Holloway Offer received 24/10
Bath Spa
Bishop Grosstesste
St Marys Offer received 24/10
Hertfordshire Offer received 24/10

I sent mine into College on Monday and College sent it off on Tuesday. Fingers crossed! :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 152
I feel a bit behind the times when people say they have offers already... congrats! I've had an extra year to do a personal statement and I still haven't finished the damn thing, partly because I have changed my mind on courses (from biomedical science to biological science perhaps with zoology/bioveterinary sciences) I've decided on 3 unis.. I think.. and just need to pick the last two... got AAA (bio/chem/maths) and planning on applying to UCL, Cardiff, RVC and then thinking about Birmingham. Just because its close to me and I've been to the open day and to do chemistry stuff last year. ahhh.

also just saw that someone had to applied to Worcester... lived here all my life and I love it.. :P
Reply 153
Original post by SP10
3 year Course :smile:

I also applied to 3 year course but for Economics only. Hope I can get offers ASAP!!!!! :rolleyes:
Original post by melisa121
Woo, I'm also applying to uwe, brookes and Northumbria :smile:.
what's your first choice?
Good luckkk!!!

Ooh what are you applying for? :smile:
My top choices are Keele, Northumbria and Brookes, that's about as much as I've narrowed it down haha!

What about you? Good luck also!
Application was sent at 1 today, excited :biggrin:
Reply 156
I want to submit my UCAS to my college now/soon to add a reference and I have no idea about payment and when I go on the pay/send bit it says to put in your card details and process the payment? Helpppp :confused:
Original post by corax
I want to submit my UCAS to my college now/soon to add a reference and I have no idea about payment and when I go on the pay/send bit it says to put in your card details and process the payment? Helpppp :confused:

You have to pay either £23 for 5 choices or £12 for 1 choice and you can use your bank card to pay for this. Once the payment is processed it will be sent to your referee.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 158
Original post by sophhiee
You have to pay either £23 for 5 choices or £12 for 1 choice and you can use your bank card to pay for this. Once the payment is processed it will be sent to your referee.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay thanks, so does everyone pay for it themselves? Also, does the money get deducted straight away?
Original post by corax
Okay thanks, so does everyone pay for it themselves? Also, does the money get deducted straight away?

Well you pay by bank card so whoever's bank card you are using.

Yes, money gets deducted straight away obv!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending