Manchester Dentistry Applicants 2014 Watch

abarlas123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by V909)
Do you think they gave out top 60 offers before xmas? And do you think they'll give any more out before 2nd batch of interviews?
Not entirely sure but I know that the admissions secretary is not back until the 13th of Jan so everything has come to a halt.

Posted from TSR Mobile
V909
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thank you so much for the update!
polozolo123
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ZarahAhmad)
Aww man, it's so annoying :/ did you also do MAP?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah both me and my friend did map

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kaumal123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hiii I'm new to this!
Currently doing a third year at college, and have applied to do Dentistry at Mancs, Liverpool, Leeds and Sheffield. Been rejected by Liverpool and Leeds, but Manchester is my first choice. I also did MAP but still no reply from them :/ anybody else in the same position? Super stressed out
Hey, I did MAP! Didn't you get a reply through decision Manchester? If they said you'll get an interview then I wouldn't worry too much, just be patient

Posted from TSR Mobile
ZarahAhmad
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kaumal123)
Hey, I did MAP! Didn't you get a reply through decision Manchester? If they said you'll get an interview then I wouldn't worry too much, just be patient

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nooo, because I'm a third year my college didn't update my predicted grades and the grades that MAP then got from my college were completely off and so I didn't get made an offer from decision Manchester. There was no time to re-submit my decision Manchester form so I just had to send off my UCAS form 😁 have you heard anything yet?? 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
polozolo123
Report 5 years ago
Nooo, because I'm a third year my college didn't update my predicted grades and the grades that MAP then got from my college were completely off and so I didn't get made an offer from decision Manchester. There was no time to re-submit my decision Manchester form so I just had to send off my UCAS form 😁 have you heard anything yet?? 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
I misinterpreted ur previous post because i thought u meant u havent heard back from them in terms of being made an offer when u actually meant interview lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
ZarahAhmad
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by polozolo123)
I misinterpreted ur previous post because i thought u meant u havent heard back from them in terms of being made an offer when u actually meant interview lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ohhh right sorry my bad 😁 has everyone else here had interviews and just waiting for offers? 😳

Posted from TSR Mobile
ImAz
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ohhh right sorry my bad 😁 has everyone else here had interviews and just waiting for offers? 😳

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yep I'm waiting still

Posted from TSR Mobile
samstyles
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey, what do you guys really like about Manchester?
I've heard it's a really great student city, but what else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
heens
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Have you got an interview soon? Well for dentistry they have early clinical experience so you see patients fairly soon so get more experience actually working with and on people than dummies/out of books. Pbl learning is more group work than lecture based so you can listen to others and discuss and add to your knowledge from what they say rather than all being given a lecture then going off and learning it. Also they do a research year (something I may be interested in and so spoke about in my interview) hope this helps
ZarahAhmad
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ImAz)
Yep I'm waiting still

Posted from TSR Mobile
How long has it been since your interview??

Posted from TSR Mobile
ImAz
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How long has it been since your interview??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had mine on the 20th November

Posted from TSR Mobile
ZarahAhmad
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ImAz)
Had mine on the 20th November

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow I thought they got back to you dead quickly after you'd had your interview, but evidently not! Best of luck, I really hope it's good news for you 😊👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
cwctam
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm waiting too - had my interview on 3rd December. Apparently teresa smith is back tomorrow so some think offers may be givenout Iin jan but Im not sure.
ZarahAhmad
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by cwctam)
I'm waiting too - had my interview on 3rd December. Apparently teresa smith is back tomorrow so some think offers may be givenout Iin jan but Im not sure.
Ahh okay, well I've got my fingers crossed for you! I've not even been invited in for an interview :/ do you think it could still happen or am I just waiting for a straight rejection?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kaumal123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ahh okay, well I've got my fingers crossed for you! I've not even been invited in for an interview :/ do you think it could still happen or am I just waiting for a straight rejection?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The second batch of interviews is in Feb

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kaumal123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by cwctam)
Last year offers were given out on the 8th Jan!! Eek

Posted from TSR Mobile
cwctam
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
aw thanks and don't give up hope! there are more interviews in feb, hope you get one!
cwctam
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kaumal123)
Last year offers were given out on the 8th Jan!! Eek

Posted from TSR Mobile
really?! god so could be next week some people hear! dno whether we should email her but ahh we'll see!
polozolo123
Report 5 years ago
Some offers were even given on the 4th of Jan and also around the 26th of Jan too last year so its just a waiting game unfortunately

Also they gave some offers in April to people who were interviewed in the first batch last year

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (191)
22.52%
The paper was reasonable (390)
45.99%
Not feeling great about that exam... (157)
18.51%
It was TERRIBLE (110)
12.97%

Watched Threads