Applying for edge hill 2014 Watch

Rebeccalh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Beckyy18)
not always, like most universities it's probably just for the more popular courses that a lot of people apply for, interviews help them to narrow down who is more suitable for the courses
Ooh okay, thankyou
Kazzy104
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by itskshhx)
Yeah that is true, but my first four choices for accommodation are ensuite so hopefully I get it ,

Posted from TSR Mobile
My second choice wasn't Ensuite so I think I might get that D:
YogaQueen
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thank you , I haven't accepted edge hill as my firm choice I'm waiting for one last offer -_- so don't have a log in

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yea same I'm still waiting for one and not put it as me firm but I have a think log in - is ur email address for uname and Ucas number for password

Posted from TSR Mobile
YogaQueen
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Am still waiting for one more then can start to pick seeing edge hill next month

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kazzy104
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Is anyone going to the applicant day on 15th of this month?
Shodann
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
the spots for 15th feb were taken already, so I have an applicant day 15th march instead.
itskshhx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
What happens if you can't come to an applicant day, does it really matter?
cynthiamusaka
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kazzy104)
Is anyone going to the applicant day on 15th of this month?
I'm going on the 15th I'm kinda afraid that there will be too many strangers so i'm bring my dad as back up
What are you applying for , if you don't mind me asking ?
Kazzy104
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by cynthiamusaka)
I'm going on the 15th I'm kinda afraid that there will be too many strangers so i'm bring my dad as back up
What are you applying for , if you don't mind me asking ?
I'm either going by myself or with my boyfriend (but Mum and her friend are driving with us then leaving) haha
I'm going for psychology,I haven't been able to find anyone else that is though so hopefully I'll find someone D: yourself?
Kazzy104
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What happens if you can't come to an applicant day, does it really matter?
No, it doesn't really matter (especially if you already have an offer) but it's recommended you go to one because they go more in depth into the course
cynthiamusaka
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kazzy104)
I'm either going by myself or with my boyfriend (but Mum and her friend are driving with us then leaving) haha
I'm going for psychology,I haven't been able to find anyone else that is though so hopefully I'll find someone D: yourself?
I'm applying for Sociology , so we will both be in the social science department
Kazzy104
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by cynthiamusaka)
I'm applying for Sociology , so we will both be in the social science department
Close enough!
The Empire Odyssey
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I really want to put Edge Hill as my firm for English but I haven't been to the uni as of yet (15 Match Applicant Day). Even if I do like it and decide to put it as my firm choice, what happens if I don't get my first choice of accommodation?

More importantly, if I do pick it as my insurance, do I not get to pick the accommodation either?? I am confused about picking accommodation if I pick Edge Hill as my insurance.
TNA123
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Cool_JordH)
I really want to put Edge Hill as my firm for English but I haven't been to the uni as of yet (15 Match Applicant Day). Even if I do like it and decide to put it as my firm choice, what happens if I don't get my first choice of accommodation?

More importantly, if I do pick it as my insurance, do I not get to pick the accommodation either?? I am confused about picking accommodation if I pick Edge Hill as my insurance.
You have until May to decide, definitely go to the Uni before making the decision to firm, accommodation is decided in Summer and you would be told on results day, so making the decision to firm earlier and apply to for accommodation won't give you a higher chance. By the sounds of it, including students I've talked to at open days/interview days, most people don't get first choice anyway, you may get another of the places you put as top 5.
You don't get to pick accommodation if you put it as insurance, if you don't get your firm on results day but you have the grades for Edge Hill then I think they'll help you out with accommodation
Hope that answers some of the questions
Gemzeee90
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Received an unconditional offer today for Film and Television production and media, film and television
Anyone else doing these courses?
CLF1991
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ben-Leighton)
Applied her to do Primary Teaching, got my interview next week (4th December)!

Cant wait!
I've applied for this
amorrall1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by hebba94)
I got my offer for Secondary Mathematics with QTS, a very happy bunny indeed

To those with an interview for secondary or primary education, just as long as you show how passionate you are and show how much experience you have done, you will be fine. Just be yourself and good luck! 😊
I got my offer for same course! just made it my firm choice! can't wait to start in September 😃
Terrellb15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've put edge hill as my firm choice to go their, can anyone tell me how to apply for accommodation???
TNA123
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Terrellb15)
I've put edge hill as my firm choice to go their, can anyone tell me how to apply for accommodation???
You're apparently meant to get an e-mail/letter from them on how to apply, I never got one after more than a month after firming so I sent an e-mail to accommodation then they sent me the information
I'd say wait a week and if you hear nothing, e-mail them
LissyLoouu
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've just applied for my accommodation and i just was wondering if anyone else had put chancellors court as their first choice??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    All Faculties - Undergraduate and Postgraduate Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Jun '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Sat, 17 Aug '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Sat, 12 Oct '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (386)
30.93%
The paper was reasonable (490)
39.26%
Not feeling great about that exam... (216)
17.31%
It was TERRIBLE (156)
12.5%

Watched Threads