(Original post by Le-JokerFr)
No point arguing with you
God made us different
I LET My friends Ali talk for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqiWFLsgVi4

We are all birds but with different cultures
It's natural to be with your own people
I wanna be with my own 'english people'
But if I can't even communicate with "my own" people, are they really "my own"?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yakob
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I am not the only British national in my class, but me and two others are the only ones who have English ancestry. There isn't a single full blooded English person in our class, only three of us are mixed race (including me) and the rest are either Bengali, Pakistani, African, Brazilian and Arabian.

But I never want to lose them, they all great people and excellent friends.
gagaslilmonsteruk
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by cant_think_of_name)
That's ridiculous! How could you British and not be English/Scottish/Welsh/Northern Irish?
Even though we are officially British some people prefer to be known as English/Welsh etc over British, AND vice versa.

And just to make a point Northern Ireland is NOT a part of Britain. It is however, a part of the UK. That is why the official name of our country is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. I assume the Northern Ireland citizens are known as either Northern Irish or UK citizens.
Swanbow
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My course, although it contains a lot of EU students, is predominately British.
BashmoreFan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Off topic a little but in my city, Bristol, the situation is utterly ludicrous. Clifton and Redland are swamped with asian accountancy students, St Pauls/Easton are black/Asian and the other central areas are swamped by Chelsea public schoolboys/muso ****ers. All the actual real Bristolians have been pushed out to Henbury, Horfield, Hanham etc...
cant_think_of_name
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk)
Even though we are officially British some people prefer to be known as English/Welsh etc over British, AND vice versa.

And just to make a point Northern Ireland is NOT a part of Britain. It is however, a part of the UK. That is why the official name of our country is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. I assume the Northern Ireland citizens are known as either Northern Irish or UK citizens.
Yeah, you are right about Northern Ireland, my mistake. I know some people prefer to be known as different things but the fact is, if you are
British you also have to be English, Welsh or Scottish (and vice versa)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (487)
31.16%
The paper was reasonable (603)
38.58%
Not feeling great about that exam... (256)
16.38%
It was TERRIBLE (217)
13.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed