Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I never perused the Maths or Physics A levels required to go for meteorology and to be honest i prefer it as a hobby.

If i could get a job in the commercial department of the Met Office though that would be the best of both worlds.

It-It-It ... It didn't snow :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wattsy)
    No this is my old school in York! We dug the buses out from the snow on 2 occasions and even had icicles inside the school on one. we even stayed open through a broken boiler in sub zero temperatures. 6 closures in 64 years speaks for itself.
    Gosh. You go to an incredibly stoical school. Congratulations to your Head and all of the staff for being so determined to make your lives unbearably strict.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    Give it time! The cold spell has barely even started. I am still hopeful that some truly dreadful weather will arrive, justifying the anxious tone of my thread. :cool:

(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Give it time! The cold spell has barely even started. I am still hopeful that some truly dreadful weather will arrive, justifying the anxious tone of my thread. :cool:
    :cry: :stomp: I'm too impatient!
    If it rains I'll be mad (I hate rain). I just want lots and lots of the fluffy white stuff!!!

ReputationRep:
    :cry: :stomp: I'm too impatient!
    If it rains I'll be mad (I hate rain). I just want lots and lots of the fluffy white stuff!!!
    This is Britain, my dear. Sometimes you just have to like rain for its own sake. Patience! The alternative is severe personality collapse and paranoia. :titan:

Ah well. We can still hope for this in the not too distant future.. :snowman:

ReputationRep:
    I've still got my window open. It ain't cold yet.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Looking at the state of the roads right now it's going to be horrible tomorrow when it all freezes over :mad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    I know how you feel, I was :cry: too
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    It hasn't got that cold yet, here in Birmingham, my friend said it might snow this week but it doesn't look like it...

This is Britain, my dear. Sometimes you just have to like rain for its own sake. Patience! The alternative is severe personality collapse and paranoia. :titan:

Ah well. We can still hope for this in the not too distant future.. :snowman:
    I will never like rain, it ruins my hair! :huff: :sad:

Snow snow, I love it so :flute:

ReputationRep:
    I will never like rain, it ruins my hair! :huff: :sad:

Snow snow, I love it so :flute:
    I know! At this time of year I generally wear hoods and pretend that my messy hair is a 'look'.

I know! At this time of year I generally wear hoods and pretend that my messy hair is a 'look'.
    :console: It doesn't make my hair particularly messy, it just makes it flat and lose any shape :cry: Hate hate hate the rain!

ReputationRep:
    Temperatures are going to PLUNGE according to the media, from Monday and for several weeks. :afraid:
    http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...now-uk-weather

It will fall as low as 3 degrees in many areas and there may even be snow over northern hills. :excited:

Are you ready for this extreme weather?

Are you nonchalant? :flute: Will you be huddling up? :grouphugs:

Things you will need.

* Shovels, grit, warm gloves and warm coat

* Husky team - public transport generally halts after the first flurry of snow

* Extra supplies of milk and digestives :cookie:

* Large selection of DVDs - it will be impossible to leave home :couchpotato:

******* YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED *********

This was a TSR public service announcement. Do not engage in unnecessary panic. Engage in necessary panic.
    Haha nice one! Best thread I've read on TSR in a long time - put a smile on my face

I'll probably think of your post to cheer me up on the journey home/to work in this dreaded cold!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superduper9)
    Haha nice one! Best thread I've read on TSR in a long time - put a smile on my face

I'll probably think of your post to cheer me up on the journey home/to work in this dreaded cold!
    Ha, that's nice, thanks! Glad I made your journey a little easier. Hope you are back in the warm now!

ReputationRep:
    Probably won't be as bad in warm old Norwich compared to the FROZEN WASTELANDS OF NORTH EAST SCOTLAND.

However, I have been reliably informed that winter is coming. So I have dressed accordingly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspirinpharmacist)
    Probably won't be as bad in warm old Norwich compared to the FROZEN WASTELANDS OF NORTH EAST SCOTLAND.

]
    And I thought that Newcastle was cold, good luck! As long as its ****ed off by the time I need to get back to comparatively tropical Yorkshire I don't think I'll mind too much, I've ticked off the warm coat requirement in a big way, my overdraft is still crying a little.

ReputationRep:
    Living on the South Coast it doesn't seem nearly as bad as everywhere else. Seeing Northerners trapped in the snow for weeks, schools closed, avalanches, etc. and all we had was some chilly winds.

Got my Sorel snow boots, cosy jumpers and Primark fleecy leggings, bring it!

ReputationRep:
    As someone who came from a rather warm country, I can't stand British winters

ReputationRep:
    Temperature already at -1C in Aboyne, Scotland.

Cold front is over London.

Showers now breaching Ireland and Scotland, just need dew points to drop and these may turn to snow.

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.