Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anna.Karenina
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Moosferatu)
18's a very young age to be taking bribes and doing dirty deals. I fear for your sanity.
I'll be ok - I've been working in politics for years; I work for UK Parliament at the moment

Posted from TSR Mobile
Moosferatu
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anna.Karenina)
I'll be ok - I've been working in politics for years; I work for UK Parliament at the moment

Posted from TSR Mobile
How on Earth does that happen? You must be connected?
Anna.Karenina
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How on Earth does that happen? You must be connected?
No no, not connected. I did a good campaign for an election, and the MP asked me if I wanted to do some constituency work. It's a lovely job!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Moosferatu
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anna.Karenina)
No no, not connected. I did a good campaign for an election, and the MP asked me if I wanted to do some constituency work. It's a lovely job!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah yes. I am aware of constituency work like that. I was thinking of doing some myself before the crushing weight of the third year hit me.
Anna.Karenina
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ah yes. I am aware of constituency work like that. I was thinking of doing some myself before the crushing weight of the third year hit me.
It's great - I also get to do legal work, parliamentary work, campaign work etc. It's so enjoyable, especially working with two MPs all the time.

What do you study?

Posted from TSR Mobile
JayReg
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Probably Labour because I want a government that conveniently says that the solution is to ignore debt and carry on doing what they like. I love that kind of stability and long term thinking. I hate the Tories obviously, they are making it harder for me to complain about them because they are taxing the rich more than Labour ever did. Luckily they raised tuition fees which of course labour would never have done so I can complain about that.
Branman
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I will definitely be voting Conservative in 2015. Although I wouldn't say I agree with the principles behind the party completely, the last thing I want to see is the people who never paid attention for a single day at school, or have never had to work for a single day in their lives, being rewarded while my family and I suffer. Those people deserve to live in freezing-cold houses because they can't afford their energy bills: they have never worked to live comfortably.

Plus, it is great to see Michael Gove actually addressing the issues that have plagued our education system for so long. Grade inflation has come to an end, so now the top universities won't struggle to differentiate the good candidates from the best. The resit culture is finally coming to an end (the amount of people who didn't prepare for their exams because "they can always resit"), and A-levels are actually going to be made challenging. The guy is a saint!

Oh, and he is pushing people to do proper subjects. I'm sick of people having their education in drama or media paid for by the taxpayer, when they taxpayer never gets anything in return.

(Original post by gazzagoalie)
All paid for by the English taxpayer...
Exactly this. I personally think the Scottish should become independent for this reason, not because I dislike them. Plus, it's a bloody good job we have tuition fees! They're the only thing that stop people going to university to do Music Journalism "because it is fun and you get to party lots".

And I don't understand why people criticise them because they went to public school. They had a good education, so what? I know I would have much rather gone to an independent school than my shoddy comprehensive if I had the chance.

George Osborne is pretty bad though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
HarryJames
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Realistically anyone that votes for anyone other than the main three are wasting their time. It's unlikely that more than 1 or 2 seats in parliament will be taken up by someone from a smaller party and there's no way any party other than the conservatives or labour will win. I'll likely vote Tory as I'm not in favour of mollycoddling the lazy and the working class

Posted from TSR Mobile
Phteven
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Definitely not the Lib Dems.

Labour and the Conservatives haven't convinced me either.

I like the idea of a protest vote, but not for something like UKIP. Having said that, I certainly don't want to waste my vote! However, I do think that the emergence of the radical organisations like BNP/UKIP is going to be a good thing in the future because all of the main parties have become a lot more central on the political spectrum; these groups might polarise the voting again.

To be honest, anyone that agrees to take on the big companies and eradicate tax loopholes will probably get my vote. The Conservatives started to go after 'benefit thieves' with that advert and targeted everyday people that perhaps 'stole' £10k-20k a year, but they've completely ignored the massive organisations that do it on a much larger scale- I would prefer it if we went after the big organisations rather than rooting out individuals who, whilst still breaking the law, aren't doing anything near as awful as the large corporations are!
und3niable_
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by thoyub)
Simple poll to get an idea of political opinions. Which political party are you going to vote for in 2015?
Who the **** with any common sense would vote for UKIP? Past UK independence, they have no quality policies which would hold our country down for five years. Also, all the closet racists and bigots seem to support them.

There should be a greens option..I'm voting for greens or lib dems. Depends on which way my political affiliation turns in the next two years.

EDIT: I lied, there's nothing Liberal about the lib dems. Definitely gravitating towards the greens. And no I don't care that they're a minority party at the moment. Things have to begin somewhere.
und3niable_
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Branman)
I will definitely be voting Conservative in 2015. Although I wouldn't say I agree with the principles behind the party completely, the last thing I want to see is the people who never paid attention for a single day at school, or have never had to work for a single day in their lives, being rewarded while my family and I suffer. Those people deserve to live in freezing-cold houses because they can't afford their energy bills: they have never worked to live comfortably.

Plus, it is great to see Michael Gove actually addressing the issues that have plagued our education system for so long. Grade inflation has come to an end, so now the top universities won't struggle to differentiate the good candidates from the best. The resit culture is finally coming to an end (the amount of people who didn't prepare for their exams because "they can always resit"), and A-levels are actually going to be made challenging. The guy is a saint!

Oh, and he is pushing people to do proper subjects. I'm sick of people having their education in drama or media paid for by the taxpayer, when they taxpayer never gets anything in return.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Personally I think the education issue lies in poor primary education, not grades and exams..start from the bottom if you want something fixed.
Phteven
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
So many right-wing elitists on here...
xDave-
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My area has been strongly Tory for ages, so there's literally no point.
Manitude
  • Entertainment Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Probably vote for my current MP as he's done a good job, so I trust him to have another 5 years.
Doesn't really matter who wins the election overall - none of the parties (major or minor) are appealing to me.
meenu89
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by KelseyLoveday)
LABOUR. Conservatives ruined my home town. Labour all the way.
How? And don't start about the bloody miners....
Octopus_Garden
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Wow, lots of UKIP voters here. Let's take a look at some of their more erm [email protected]#& surprising policies.

Global warming: UKIP will institute a Royal Commission to hear and consider the evidence whether it's happening, "with all the rigor of a court of law", which will be presided over by a High Court judge. This is presumably to get around meeting the oftentimes rather more rigorous demands of the scientific method, which has reached a conclusion darling Nigel doesn't like.

Electing UKIP is like choosing to live with a man or woman who refuses to take professional advice on anything, and decides to renovate your home on his/her own. And then knocks down a supporting wall.

But, onwards, and upwards. Or do I mean backwards and downwards?

Homeopathy. UKIP support spending NHS money on giving people distilled water, and calling it medication. http://ariversideview.wordpress.com/...ed-homeopathy/
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/United_...ty#cite_note-3

Very scientific... As is characteristic of people who don't get the scientific method, there's lots of throwing around of "double-blind" "randomised" and "control" through the policies to shore it all up. No explanation of how water could possibly have a memory though.

On the plus side, their drug policy is the most liberal of all the parties, but this is probably going to break thoyub's heart! Farage has openly said that he favours legalisation of drugs, and taking drugs out of the criminal sector. http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co....ing-ukip-.html

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2...olicy-election
HarryJames
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Octopus_Garden)
Wow, lots of UKIP voters here. Let's take a look at some of their more erm [email protected]#& surprising policies.

Global warming: UKIP will institute a Royal Commission to hear and consider the evidence whether it's happening, "with all the rigor of a court of law", which will be presided over by a High Court judge. This is presumably to get around meeting the oftentimes rather more rigorous demands of the scientific method, which has reached a conclusion darling Nigel doesn't like.
I'm not a fan of UKIP but don't act like science has reached any consensus opinion on climate change other than the fact it's happening.

Posted from TSR Mobile
meenu89
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Octopus_Garden)
xx
To be fair, Lord Rannoch was a poor leader of UKIP. Nigel Farage :heart: has probably updated and got rid of the more stupid policies by 2015 manifesto. I have no problem with voting for them in the Euro elections. Who is that Ipswich website by anyway, it is an impartial source?
Octopus_Garden
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by HarryJames)
I'm not a fan of UKIP but don't act like science has reached any consensus opinion on climate change other than the fact it's happening.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You mean, the very consensus which darling Nigel rejects?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (423)
30.28%
The paper was reasonable (551)
39.44%
Not feeling great about that exam... (239)
17.11%
It was TERRIBLE (184)
13.17%

Watched Threads