Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    we had an impromptu catch up with a couple friends we hadn't seen in a while this evening, so naturally, we made pancakes

black coffee
    chai tea with almond milk
    a banana
    oats and hazelnut nature valley crunchy bars
    3 carrots
    a peach
    2 and a half pancakes with nutella and strawberries
    pukka three mint tea

ReputationRep:
    -Orange and a coffee with soya milk.
    -Mixed leaf salad with olives, raw long beans, half an avocado, walnuts, chickpeas and Quorn ham, with an oil and vinegar dressing.
    -Greek-style raspberry yoghurt.
    -Vegetable and cheese lasagna with wholemeal pasta sheets, peas with mint and butter.
    -Time-out bar and 2 Milkyway Crispy Rolls.

ReputationRep:
    - Glass of orange juice
    - Two slices of toast
    - Hot chocolate
    - Toblerone

Damn i have weird eating habits :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    One thing this thread has truly perpetuated is that... people truly do not eat "meals". In fact, alarmingly so, people eat a ridiculously small amount and then hate themselves for it.

One plum and a piece of bread is not a meal. A yoghurt and a bit of toast is not a meal.

Realistically, a meal should literally be "a significant caloric intake to help replenish the body." This means each meal should be at minimum 500 calories. And yet, people here seem to love undereating. Having been anorexic myself in the past I abhor this. Why are people desperate to undereat and be proud of this? Your body is YELLING for sustainance.

ReputationRep:
    A pint of milk
    A Pot Noodle
    2 1/2 beers

there's some peas in the freezer for tomorrow though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotoMimo)
    One thing this thread has truly perpetuated is that... people truly do not eat "meals". In fact, alarmingly so, people eat a ridiculously small amount and then hate themselves for it.

One plum and a piece of bread is not a meal. A yoghurt and a bit of toast is not a meal.

Realistically, a meal should literally be "a significant caloric intake to help replenish the body." This means each meal should be at minimum 500 calories. And yet, people here seem to love undereating. Having been anorexic myself in the past I abhor this. Why are people desperate to undereat and be proud of this? Your body is YELLING for sustainance.
    It's literally only been a day or two since your last rant about other people's intakes. It's none of your business! I understand that you have suffered from an eating disorder in the past but this does not give you the right to pass judgement on other people's lifestyles. Besides, this thread isn't gospel- people often underreport their intake if they feel like other people expect them to eat less, plus there's other factors such as eating that takes place after posting.

In my case I know I had a chicken mayo from mcdonalds and some of my boyfriend's parmo... for all you know people are eating all sorts after they've posted here. Not that it should matter.

Plus, 500 cals minimum per meal? Please tell me you're joking. As a 5'3 woman eating three meals a day plus snacks, that diet would quickly make me pile on the weight.

ReputationRep:
    Weetabix this morning.
    2 krispy kreme doughnuts at about midday.
    2 fish fingers on bread and some chips, tropicana orange juice.
    spaghetti bolognese
    3 coconut macaroons

yummy!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    no I have not eaten today but I am going to make my dinner in 5 minutes

ReputationRep:
    I am going on Hunger strike for 3 days so probs wont eat anything...but am going to have a big breakfast today to save up!

I have never done it before so i am looking forward to see how it feels to be without food for 3 days or drink

ReputationRep:
    Had such an unhealthy food day today:

A Gregg's steak bake
    200g of chilli heatwave Doritos
    2 plain double cheeseburgers
    A mcFlurry

Had a few cokes while out with friends too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

****ing mental mate sometimes I come in here and look, I wouldn't come in & criticise other ppl's diets as it can be a touchy subject but I totally agree with everything you posted, I genuinely wonder how people can function on such small amounts of food (and also without breakfast :confused:).

ReputationRep:

You posted literally two days ago claiming your lunch of prawns and sweetcorn was 120 calories. That's hardly a "meal".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyshamblesxx)
    You posted literally two days ago claiming your lunch of prawns and sweetcorn was 120 calories. That's hardly a "meal".
    That entire message was a sarcastic rant. I used loads of caps and asterisks to make that evident Amy.

That said, I'm getting too snarky too frequently on here; this thread winds me up and I wind this thread up; it's pointless! I'm going to unsubscribe and leave you all be, but with the closing comment:

Everyone, it's not a contest to eat the least.

Anyway, adieu is bid, chaps and chapettes.

ReputationRep:
    That entire message was a sarcastic rant. I used loads of caps and asterisks to make that evident Amy..

No you didn't.

Breakfast: 3 Slices of Crumbed Ham (90 calories)
    Rice Krispie Square (119 calories)
    Sugar Free Appleade (3 calories)

Lunch: Prawns with sweetcorn ( 120 calories)

Dinner: Chicken and broccoli (210 calories )
    Tube of Smarties (180 calories)

And then plenty of beers. And then Pretzels and a cookie.

But I agree it's best you don't post on this thread anymore as I don't think it's fair that people get judged for what they eat.

ReputationRep:
    Tuesday: instant porridge pot, pancakes, a sweet chili chicken baguette, a pear, nibbles of chocolate cake, McCoys, skittles, like 1/2 a pizza hut medium pepperoni pizza, 2 squares of cake, a cookie, a cup of orange juice, then more orange juice and lots of water. Wednesday: a banana, orange juice, 2 squares of cake, a chocolate cookie, chicken and wedges, 2 lollies and a refresher, 2 white choc chip cookies, an orange, chips (that I couldn't finish) then lots of water. Today: Cornflakes, bran flakes, 2 Weetabix, 2 Maryland cookies, 3 fruit shortcake biscuits, handful of dried fruit, lemon tea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insignificant)
    Toast and crackers because stupid antibiotics have made me ill.
    Aww hope you get your apetite back soon ..

ReputationRep:
    Wow I must have a super hero expendable stomach...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    ****ing mental mate sometimes I come in here and look, I wouldn't come in & criticise other ppl's diets as it can be a touchy subject but I totally agree with everything you posted, I genuinely wonder how people can function on such small amounts of food (and also without breakfast :confused:).
    Ok so i totally agree with all that too but I myself don't eat a lot but that's simply to do with my body. I can function on eating small amounts of food and i don't usually feel hungry.

I just wanted to say that the message should've been, if people are deliberately starving themselves then that's very wrong. If however they just eat less because that's what their body is used to, and they can function on that much without going hungry, then that's completely fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    galaxy chocolate
    fanta fruit twist
    bacon

no prizes for guessing i'm hungover

ReputationRep:

That said, I'm getting too snarky too frequently on here; this thread winds me up and I wind this thread up; it's pointless! I'm going to unsubscribe and leave you all be
    Thank god!

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.