Turn on thread page Beta

PS4 Vs Xbox One? Which one are you going for? watch

• View Poll Results: Which of the two new console(s) are you buying?
    Neither
    26.06%
    PS4
    54.79%
    Xbox One
    17.55%
    Both
    1.60%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heyimbored)
    I'm glad you like it, I don't see the attraction though, for a whole load of reasons, including the broken frame rate issue, and the fact that I don't see how you can watch one thing and play the other (and for 30 seconds at a time during loading screens I don't see how its worth it). Also, I've paid good money to get a TV the size it is to give me a good gaming experience, why would I want to reduce the space the game takes up?
    haha well i think the xbox one is a true revolution in gaming. Having both xbox one clearly wins for the time being but of course we live in hard times and the majority of consumers will go for the lower priced console as usual.

P.s no frame rate issues whatsoever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knighted)
    ...okay mate...well done on taking life, the internet and gaming far too seriously.
    Ohhh, you got the last word and made accusations, that must mean you win eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    haha well i think the xbox one is a true revolution in gaming. Having both xbox one clearly wins for the time being but of course we live in hard times and the majority of consumers will go for the lower priced console as usual.

I'm also still confused as to why everything not to do with gaming is making the xbox a revolution in gaming, but never mind...

P.S. Like I said, it's not up for debate. You obviously can't see it, but it's an impossible obstacle. Look it up. The PS4 also outputs TV content (from iplayer etc...) at 60Hz too, which is also unwatchable, but the PS4 isn't trying to be a TV box. (likewise, when just watching TV, why would you feed it through your xbox? It's just another box consuming x watts of power and costing you £y per year)

ReputationRep:
    I'm also still confused as to why everything not to do with gaming is making the xbox a revolution in gaming, but never mind...

P.S. Like I said, it's not up for debate. You obviously can't see it, but it's an impossible obstacle. Look it up. The PS4 also outputs TV content (from iplayer etc...) at 60Hz too, which is also unwatchable, but the PS4 isn't trying to be a TV box. (likewise, when just watching TV, why would you feed it through your xbox? It's just another box consuming x watts of power and costing you £y per year)
    lol i cannot see it? is a great thing isnt it. Im watching football now and playing ryse! epic!

all you need to do is move a hdmi around to have tv on?! come on.

ReputationRep:
    all you need to do is move a hdmi around to have tv on?! come on.
    What? Press the 'change input' button?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What? Press the 'change input' button?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    lol ok you have clearly not even touched an xbox one so cant take anything you say seriously.

ReputationRep:
    I am going for the Xbox One, it looks awesome, you can use it for gaming and as a media center, plus XBL has always been better than PSN. I've always loved Xbox though, no point going for the PS4.

ReputationRep:
    lol ok you have clearly not even touched an xbox one so cant take anything you say seriously.
    Your statement didn't make sense, I though you were suggesting that you need to disconnect a ps4, and then plug a set to box in if you want to watch tv.

I have touched, and used an Xbox, but won't be buying one because I'm not bothered about it's exclusives, and the media stuff doesn't appeal to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The exact same thing can be said about the Xbox 360 and PS3. The Xbox 360 was released in 2005 whilst the PS3 was released a year later thus giving market domination to the 360 for a full year and time for developers to get used to the hardware thus why the Xbox 360 dominated the market whilst the PS3 struggled to catchup.
    The PS3 did catch up, though. It has sold just over a million more units, even after releasing a year later. Some multiplats don't run as well or look a little bit worse on the PS3, but in terms of market domination, neither console has dominated it until the end.

PS3's are currently out selling 360's.

Your conversation isn't with me, but I don't understand your reply. The other user was stating that to watch Sky, all you would need to do is change the input on your TV. Unless you only have one HDMI port, there is no reason to be switching cables? I don't need or want to talk to my Xbox to do this. I don't see it as revolutionary, because the only reason I buy a gaming console is to play games on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    Ohhh, you got the last word and made accusations, that must mean you win eh?
    Ah okay, you must be a little one.

Nobody wins in console wars mate...this is all just lame. You can keep replying in a defensive manner if you wish and if you feel the need to "win" then by all means take the "victory" for yourself.

Matters not to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW18)
    The PS3 did catch up, though. It has sold just over a million more units, even after releasing a year later. Some multiplats don't run as well or look a little bit worse on the PS3, but in terms of market domination, neither console has dominated it until the end.

By Market Domination I meant that the 360 dominated the market between the time the 360 released and by the time the PS3 released (a year.)

The PS3 was also pretty laughable when it was first released but I agree it definitely caught up and from the last year/possibly 2 years the PS3 has been ahead of the 360.

ReputationRep:
    I've just brought 2 xbox360 games and I don't plan on getting any of the new consoles in the next 2 years..

ReputationRep:
    Neither; quite happy with my 360.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FlavaFavourFruit)
    I've just brought 2 xbox360 games and I don't plan on getting any of the new consoles in the next 2 years..
    PREACH!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EllieC130)
    PREACH!

ReputationRep:
    Your statement didn't make sense, I though you were suggesting that you need to disconnect a ps4, and then plug a set to box in if you want to watch tv.

I have touched, and used an Xbox, but won't be buying one because I'm not bothered about it's exclusives, and the media stuff doesn't appeal to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by NathanW18)

Your conversation isn't with me, but I don't understand your reply. The other user was stating that to watch Sky, all you would need to do is change the input on your TV. Unless you only have one HDMI port, there is no reason to be switching cables? I don't need or want to talk to my Xbox to do this. I don't see it as revolutionary, because the only reason I buy a gaming console is to play games on it.
    He said you need to run both the xbox one and sky in order to watch tv and have them both constantly on costing £££££. I dont use it that way we leave the sky + hdmi in direct to the tv and when i game i change the sky + hdmi to the xbox one. Its not the biggest task in the world. If you want to watch sky and tv then obviously you need both in.

Im still definitely sticking with xbox one as my main console, have moved the ps4 to the guest room

ReputationRep:
    Ah okay, you must be a little one.

Nobody wins in console wars mate...this is all just lame. You can keep replying in a defensive manner if you wish and if you feel the need to "win" then by all means take the "victory" for yourself.

Matters not to me.
    Didn't read this. Now post again.

ReputationRep:

How is the xbone a revolution in gaming?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinkhead)
    How is the xbone a revolution in gaming?
    Great release titles forza, halo on the way.

Kinect excellent edition to gaming

Interface is the best

More apps

Watch TV while you game = awesomes!!

ReputationRep:
    Great release titles forza, halo on the way.

Kinect excellent edition to gaming

Interface is the best

More apps

Watch TV while you game = awesomes!!
    I disagree.

I don't think Halo and Forza are revolutionary. The kinect is not exclusive to the xbone although it is pretty nifty hardware.
    Watching TV while you play games is not revolutionary either. It has been possible on the PC for a while.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.