Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JammyGit07)
    Beauty of a paper.
    You are joking right, other than the first question and the last essay question that paper was horrible.

ReputationRep:
    Beauty of a paper.
    Really? I found some bits horrible... But that forest essay was perfect!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by behindblueglass)
    You are joking right, other than the first question and the last essay question that paper was horrible.
    The forest essay was gorgeous.

Then the rest seemed to be a blend of fish and soil, I didn't really excel at the stats test but they were only like 4 marks.

ReputationRep:
    Beauty of a paper.
    Dx I didn't like that exam, the only question I'm really sure of getting decent marks on is the essay question and the possible one or two other questions. T.T That paper was completely different to the past papers I've seen and I was hoping that AQA wouldn't drift too far away from what they include in their previous papers. But they did and it upsets me.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you on this too... the essay question was good although I feel I may have gone off track slightly. Which essay did you go for? I feel like I've lost so many marks. >.>

ReputationRep:
    This is exactly what I said when I came out!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadinelia11)
    This is exactly what I said when I came out!!!!!
    Can I ask what you found hard about it? Was it just the style of questions or was it content?

ReputationRep:
    Beauty of a paper.
    Yeah I thought it was amazing!
    20 marker was scary at first but plan helped

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Llama question was weird as hell. What did people put for the energy ratio question? And the critical value one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask what you found hard about it? Was it just the style of questions or was it content?
    The style of questions for me were difficult to extract info out of, I didn't like the way it had heavy in depth questions about farm diversification since we only covered what types of diversification there were and not how they are beneficial or sustainable..I had to use my brain *sigh* I thought the maths questions were a chore and I'm shocking at maths anyway. I thought the fish questions were tricky and took a lot of analyzing the data. either way I did the agriculture pollution essay first and wrote three pages including: agricultural runoff (inorganic from fertilisers-eutrophication) (organic from animal waste- deoxygenation) methane release from rice padi fields and livestock, nitrogen oxide from water logged soils and increasing the nox content, deforestation leading to less of a carbon sink and also sedimentation in river. This all took me about 30 minutes and was 3 pages long. I finished with 15 minutes spare though so I went back and checked all my answers 3 times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marlon1995)
    Llama question was weird as hell. What did people put for the energy ratio question? And the critical value one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    *alpaca

ReputationRep:
    That paper was amazing apart from the Mann Whitney. I was quite suprised they had two maths questions but I think I got the energy ratio one right

ReputationRep:
    *alpaca
    I had 23 for the critical value....I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh brilliant I got that but it was a pure fluke

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I also thought the question on farm diversification was strange! The maths question was a headache, so much to think about for such little marks! Typical AQA massive table with loads of information and a couple of marks for the effort.

ReputationRep:
    *alpaca
    0.17 for the ratio, 23 for the critical value.

What did people put for the diversification question? Wasn't purely about alpaca's so i'm thinking it was quite broad with its answers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadinelia11)
    I had 23 for the critical value....I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got 26, range of 11 for first set then range of 10 for the second set not sure if its right though :L

ReputationRep:
    0.17 for the ratio, 23 for the critical value.

What did people put for the diversification question? Wasn't purely about alpaca's so i'm thinking it was quite broad with its answers?
    I put about when a farm produces surpluses the price for them decreases so they need alternative methods to still get an income
    I also wrote about how if a crop is wiped out they will still have something to fall back on
    And its a more sustainable practice

All guessing though

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's kinda what I put

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How bizarre, it's just an oversized batman t-shirt. But hey I'm not offended it's just a comfy t-shirt :L
    That's cool! It's abit weird that I thought what I thought :P

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 11, 2014

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.