Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Who?
    Giggs
    24.44%
    Suarez
    75.56%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DorianGrayism)
    How exactly isn't he a racist at that point in time when he specifically made reference to someone's skin colour when insulting them?

Negrito is not an insult, it just gets wrongly translated to the N word in English. In SA Spanish, pet names usually include people's most striking traits, whether it's skin colour, hair colour, weigth, profession kr whatever. "Negrito" means something like "my little black" or "my darling black", which is quite common and has no racist connotations whatsoever. You will also hear e.g. Puerto Rican people referring to each other as "maronito" (referring to the brownish skin colour), it's normal.

What Suárez meant to do was to belittle him by ironically calling him a pet name. He could also have said "pequeñito", referring to his height or whatever, main thing was not the skin colour but belittling him. So that doesn't show any racist intent. He might be a racist, I don't know as I haven't heard him talking about his views and I can't look into his head, but calling someone negrito is no indication for that. It just shows his cultural ignorance. Same goes for Higuaín, Heinze etc.

Evra interpreted it as racist because in Europe, that's what it is, so it's understandable he felt offended.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qua)
    Negrito ....,understandable he felt offended.
    Funny that Suarez should lie about he incident after using Negrito in an 'ironic' way several times.

Clearly calling someone my little black is a term of empowerment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by River85)
    So, no, I'm not referring solely to that handball.

Nevertheless, IF I had done this, I certainly wouldn't have viewed it as some noble, heroic act. It wasn't.
    Can't be arsed in general, you've got selective blindness or something, along with this moral high ground complex that perfect circle referred to.

I don't know where nobility comes into football, certainly never a word I've heard associated with any sport. But Suarez's handball is most definitely heroic, admirable, excellent, whatever you want to say. I would defend it till the end of the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Oh boy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Autistic Merit)
    Is it just me or does she almost sound as if she is enjoying the public attention?
    Of course she is. Most likely made enough £$£$£$£$ to last her 10 lifetime in those 5 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why are you comparing Giggs and Suarez? They paly in different position? Suarez is a forward and Giggs is a mid-filder. I don't think this comparison is right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mesbahuddin)
    I don't understand why are you comparing Giggs and Suarez? They paly in different position? Suarez is a forward and Giggs is a mid-filder. I don't think this comparison is right.
    Compare the person.

Not compare the footballer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mesbahuddin)
    Suarez>Giggs as a forward.
    Giggs>Suarez as a midfielder.
    Giggs>Suarez as a defender.

Therefore, Giggs > Suarez.

#LOGIC

ReputationRep:
    Suarez comes across as nicer. I dunno really, to me Giggs comes across as quite callous and fake (his eyes never smile, but of course that could be an anatomical thing). It could also simply be that Giggs, just because of having been exposed to the English media for a long time, has learned to fake his image better than Suarez, and that makes him seem less likeable to me.

Also, taking out a super-injunction. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester United)
    Suarez>Giggs as a forward.
    Giggs>Suarez as a midfielder.
    Giggs>Suarez as a defender.

Therefore, Giggs > Suarez.

#LOGIC
    Suarez > Giggs as a keeper

So it's a draw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello101010)
    Suarez > Giggs as a keeper

So it's a draw.
    Giggs > Suarez as a coach.
    Giggs > Suarez as a manager.

ReputationRep:
    Suarez is a silly wee boy who's still trying to grow up. Giggs, on the other hand, is a despicable human being. He's a disgusting man! :eek2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by White Dress)
    in sum wayts I agree with mr giggs and his treatmnet of his brother mR Rohdri.

if ryan sees pussy, he wants to **** it. completely 100000000 percent acceptable %.

pussy money weed. it dont go relationships with your brother, mnoey, weed
    (Original post by FKLW)
    Na Giggs deserves kudos for what he did tbf, his bro probably pissed him off.Posted from TSR Mobile
    strong moral compasses

ReputationRep:
    Suarez is just dumb.

Giggs is devious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by White Dress)
    in sum wayts I agree with mr giggs and his treatmnet of his brother mR Rohdri.

if ryan sees pussy, he wants to **** it. completely 100000000 percent acceptable %.

pussy money weed. it dont go relationships with your brother, mnoey, weed
    This post makes me lol hard

Pimped Butterfly difeo jam277 that must've been some strong kush

ReputationRep:
    Bloody hell I forgot all about Old Simon

ReputationRep:
    Alot of people dismissing a racist, biting cheat as being "childish"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    the biting part is childish
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A lot dismissing sleeping with your brother's wife as "being a lad" and "top banter".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    A lot dismissing sleeping with your brother's wife as "being a lad" and "top banter".
    From the first page I count 9 condemnations and 1 saying they aren't bothered. Nothing about it being acceptable, not comparable.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.