Anyone else got their accommodation offer? Watch

tek290
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Angelil)
I know this probably isn't all that helpful but at least you're applying for and getting catered - many people last year applied for self-catered and got shoved in catered.
If they put me into catered after applying for self-catered im not going to be in a good mood to put it nicely, especially after sending the accommadation reply back straight away. The small choice of self-catered halls at Exeter is one of the things that nearly made me apply somewhere else.

Anyone here received confirmation that they're in Nash Grove?
ChrisRX
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
Still waiting on my info, I'll wait till tomorrow and then ring them again. third times a charm
frankiew13
Report 12 years ago
I got accommodation in Nash Grove but I had an unconditional offer so replied and got confirmation in June I think.

From what I've read I think alot of Nash Grove rooms go to people with unconditional offers,b4 the exams, because gap year students are more likely to what self-catering accommodation
boho
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
ah congrats, nash is really nice.

as for the unconditional vs conditional offers thing, they say that for pretty much every halls. those with unconditional offers naturally go for the best accomodation: holland, nash, penny c, so yer you do get a lot of them in there, but they don't reserve the rooms for them, its just a matter of how and when people send their forms in, and how they decide to allocate the rooms.

- there does seem to be a proportionately large amount of people who took a gap year at ex though, so competition is a bit tougher - though probably not so much this year cos of the new birks. x

have a feeling i just wrote a lot about not very much, meh
ChrisRX
Report 12 years ago
I finally got my info through through!! Pensylvania court..........which I'm guessing is this penny c that everyone keeps talking about:p:

Apparently the room is designed as an "accessible room" with a larger bathroom and a single bed. I'm guessing that means the room was designed for wheelchair access or something, well I'm not complaining. (If anyone thinks an "accessible room" means something else can they tell me)

So now that I'm in penny c, can someone tell me what's so special about it
boho
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yer accessible rooms are on the first floor, im not sure how many of them there are in pennyc, i think there might just be the one.. but you get so much space cos of the single bed, its good for entertaining people in, and the bathroom is massive! if having a single bed is depressing you so much lol then you can put in an application to move rooms and there's normaly a fair few that are left empty...

and as for penny c, its brand new, everything is modern, get nice kitchens, and you're part of lopes, which is old and has loads of character, so you get all the halls traditions and stuff. the formals are normally a great laugh, and in the summer they do bbqs where they serve pimms and everyone just chills out. love it
Sweepster
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by frankiew13)
I got accommodation in Nash Grove but I had an unconditional offer so replied and got confirmation in June I think.

From what I've read I think alot of Nash Grove rooms go to people with unconditional offers,b4 the exams, because gap year students are more likely to what self-catering accommodation
I have my place in Nash Grove confirmed as well. I wasn't expecting it so I am very pleased.

Choosing a more expensive room was tough for me, as I am financially stretched, but I decided since I scarcely drink (and so will not spend a great deal on that) I would go for the en-suite room as a bit of luxury!
username21537
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I got a palce in Mardon Halls. Its twin as opposed to single, but I'm not bothere. So rock on first year
ikklep
Report 12 years ago
im at northernhay house, any one else?
*KatyE*
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Is anyone else here in Hope? :confused:

People seem to be few and far between!!
frankiew13
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Sweepster)
I have my place in Nash Grove confirmed as well. I wasn't expecting it so I am very pleased.

Choosing a more expensive room was tough for me, as I am financially stretched, but I decided since I scarcely drink (and so will not spend a great deal on that) I would go for the en-suite room as a bit of luxury!

I dont drink at all so thought I would reward myself with a bit of luxury too. Happy to find someone who doesn't drink too much thought Id be surronded by raging alcoholics
supercat
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by frankiew13)
I dont drink at all so thought I would reward myself with a bit of luxury too. Happy to find someone who doesn't drink too much thought Id be surronded by raging alcoholics
I don't drink either
Sweepster
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Phew. What a relief to see so many non-drinkers. I am a very occasional drinker and certainly do not drink to get drunk. On that basis, I was slightly - but not overly - concerned that I may have trouble fitting in. Like frankiew13, I was, and still am, expecting raging alcoholics!
Quita
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm not a raging drinker either... i'll have a couple socially but i stop at my limit of three (usually - there have been the odd exceptions)
*KatyE*
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Same here!

Good to know I'm not the only one
username21537
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I shouldnt imagine that peopel will get that drunk not knowing anyone, for fear of the whole theyll look like prats to peopel with whom they should try to make friends >_>
boho
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
ha you'd be surprised.

i ended up getting very drunk one night with this guy, cos we randomly ended up going out just us and didn't know each other and didn't know anyone else. he is one of my best friends now, but ha was a funny night.

i wish i had your self control to stop after 3 drinks ha ha unfortunately i do not possess such a skill!
Angelil
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
lol I know that 5-5.5 glasses of red wine makes me very sick indeed but it doesn't stop me from carrying on regardless sometimes....

....however, haven't done that for a *very* long time. Mainly because it costs a fair amount to do so regularly and I prefer to spend money on clothes
Niyati
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Exeter just called me and said they hadn't received conformation of my accommodation! Ah! Which I have definitly sent, and they definitly have. I know this as we sent the buffet form with it (in seperate envelope inside) and have a reply from them. I've been trying to call them, but they close at 5! This is very annoying!
Chester
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Blimey, after being told for the last couple of weeks that I would have to share a room, I got my accomodation through this morning, and I have a single standard room in Kilmorie.

Is anyone else in there? I don't know much about Kilmorie, so if anyone wants to fill me in...!!

Very pleased
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Exeter Spring Postgraduate Open Day - Streatham Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 6 Mar '19
  • University of Exeter
    Cornwall Spring Postgraduate Open Day - The Exchange, Penryn Campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 16 Mar '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (75)
19.38%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (157)
40.57%
Nope, not that interesting (155)
40.05%

Watched Threads