Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    anybody happen to know what an emotional intelligence interview involves; LJMU apparently do them as part of their interviews :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    anybody happen to know what an emotional intelligence interview involves; LJMU apparently do them as part of their interviews :/
    I haven't had an interview at LJMU but my interview at chester was based around compassionate nursing. (Bit of a hot topic atm)
    So to me it sounds like its testing how compassionate you are and if you know your professional boundaries etc?
    I dunno :/
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rednov8)
    I haven't had an interview at LJMU but my interview at chester was based around compassionate nursing. (Bit of a hot topic atm)
    So to me it sounds like its testing how compassionate you are and if you know your professional boundaries etc?
    I dunno :/
    If thats what its testing then I feel a lot happier with the sound of it,a placement I had in may taught me a lot about professional boundaries so hopefully I can apply that to it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordan-clo)
    Hi I'm applying for child nursing in 2015, are you nervous about you personal statement and interview. The universities I'm looking at are:
    Staffordshire
    ARU
    Edge hill
    South bank
    And I'm not sure about the last.
    What are you doing during your gap year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi hun I start edge hill for child branch in April 15 if you need help give me a shout x x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

i am currently doing an access course in Nursing and midwifery, hopefully going to uni next year to do a nursing degree.

I am also applying to Edge Hill and very daunted by the personal statemnet side.

Stuggling a bit at the min with the assignments though

Emsiej82

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glitter_fairy5)
    anyone got any interviews, i've just recieved one from oxford brookes

Hi I've been offered an interview at Lincoln still waiting on hull. Went to both open days and fell in love with hull, I don't want to go anywhere else now so I need to nail the interview!

Good luck on yours x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deviant182)
    Hi everyone
    I am just about to start my l.d nursing degree in 2 weeks so if anyone wants any help i can try and throw some advice your way.
    Unfortunately I cannot tell you what interview questions etc I was asked ad it is frowned upon but hopefully I can give you some insight where possible.
    Don't worry about trying to get tons of experience in, it's how you apply yourself and your experience to your application that counts.
    As for your personal statement, remember it has to be individual to you and that you need to show them why you want to do the course you are applying for.
    Best of luck for applications, it was me this time last year! So it can and does happen

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi hun how are you finding it?
    I've applied at 2 uni's for adult nursing in 2015 and have got 1 interview sent atm. I'm really scared about interviews lol any tips? X

ReputationRep:
    I'm really worried about interviews... Anyone got any tips please?
    Thanks! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mellybee)
    Hi hun I start edge hill for child branch in April 15 if you need help give me a shout x x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thankyou I'm not really sure what to write in my personal statement, what kin of things did you touch on? Also were the entry exams really hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordan-clo)
    Thankyou I'm not really sure what to write in my personal statement, what kin of things did you touch on? Also were the entry exams really hard
    Hi Hun personal statement is to basically sell yourself any experiences you have which will contribute to the degree and abit about what you know about the roll of a children's nurse. Entry exams were not hard they are basic maths questions and English was basically testing spellings and essay writing techniques. Nothing you wouldn't expect.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm doing BTEC national diploma in childrens care learning and development at college can anyone give some quick tips for personal statement?

ReputationRep:
    Was this for Child nursing? I've applied for Child and Mental Health combined and I'm waiting nervously now :')

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I've applied for Children's nursing at
    Leeds, Nottingham, Sheffield Hallam and Liverpool John Moores (I have an interview for LJM)

I've also applied for Children's and mental health at Oxford Brookes.

Wondering if anyone else has?

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe how many people already have interviews I've only just started my ps 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rednov8)
    Can take anything upto 1 week to months! Sometimes they send an email saying 'considering application' which just means they have received it and will look at it. Good luck!
    Thanks, you too!

ReputationRep:
    I've got an interview at Liverpool John Moores!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alicetulips)
    I've got an interview at Liverpool John Moores!
    Well done. It's a good uni that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by childnursingapp)
    Hi all,

I've applied for Children's nursing at
    Leeds, Nottingham, Sheffield Hallam and Liverpool John Moores (I have an interview for LJM)

I've also applied for Children's and mental health at Oxford Brookes.

Wondering if anyone else has?
    Hi! I'm applying for the combined child and mental health course at Oxford Brookes and Children's BSc & MNurSci at Nottingham. Hopefully sending my UCAS off soon. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for mental health nursing in UWE, Cardiff, and swansea! I just wanted to see if anyone for any nursing courses has had replies from
    these unis yet 😊 I've got interviews for Manchester and LJMU but they're my last choices!

ReputationRep:
    I start at Edge hill in April 15 doing LD nursing. Good luck everyone ☺

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.