Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Secret Life of Students on Channel 4 Watch

ReputationRep:
    If anyone was wondering...
    Gemma stayed at uni and is still with Ben; but Helen and Michael ended up breaking up and she moved out of their accommodation block to get away from him...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sunshineeee)
    Gemma stayed at uni and is still with Ben; but Helen and Michael ended up breaking up and she moved out of their accommodation block to get away from him...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Unsurprising that they broke up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    I think people should give Helen and that guy she got with the benefit of the doubt.

In reality these situations happen because when people arrive at uni with a boyfriend/girlfriend, it's not like they are married, relationships for young people are transitory and sometimes people find someone at uni that they find themselves liking more.

It is easy to say that the guy should have made his mind up quickly and got rid of his girlfriend but these decisions are not easy. Maybe Helen and him will last, maybe they won't, but just because he cheated on his ex girlfriend with her doesn't necessarily mean he's going to be going off looking for other girls - he might have found something in Helen he didn't have before.
    Nah I dont agree. I'm not saying that he was wrong to start liking Helen but he really should have broken it off with the girlfriend before sleeping with her. Especially as this was on tv

ReputationRep:
    Watching episode 2 now on 4 OD.

Helen reminds me of one of my ex gfs. English students are so fun.

lol @ gemma and her boyfriend though. So cringe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    lol @ gemma and her boyfriend though. So cringe.
    cringe 2 da max

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    how do you know?? not surprising tbh. I don't think she had any real feelings for him other than lust.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    wow, if only she had thought of that earlier :flute:

ReputationRep:
    I am looking forward to the 3rd episode

Nightworld1066

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm happy Gemma finally came to sense. On the other hand, the fate of the Helen and Michael relationship was pretty predictable. I didn't think they were in love at all. But wow, the relationship must have been so awkward if you would even consider moving to another block

ReputationRep:
    I really liked it. Is there any other series like this one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChenZhan)
    I really liked it. Is there any other series like this one?
    There is one called 'Freshers' that was on maybe last year on ITV2. You can watch 2 out of the 3 episodes here
    http://watchseries.lt/serie/Freshers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waxfilledtin)
    There is one called 'Freshers' that was on maybe last year on ITV2. You can watch 2 out of the 3 episodes here
    http://watchseries.lt/serie/Freshers
    Thank you a lot, I was looking for a similar programme
    Will hunt down that other episode though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saleem Aslam)
    Thank you a lot, I was looking for a similar programme
    Will hunt down that other episode though
    Let me know if you find it, I wanna watch it too!

ReputationRep:
    One sentence about each of the students so far:

Aidan (is that his name?)- a ****ing moron, but hilarious to watch
    Josie- An overly tan contradictory ****
    Lauren- a whiny ***** that needs to man the **** up
    Helen- a fairly amusing lit student with no morals (no problem sleeping with somebody's boyfriend)
    Gemma- uggghhhhh somebody shoot me please. I have never wanted to barf so much in my life.
    Jack- a genuinely awesome and rather intelligent guy. The 'physics' written on his arm was a nice touch

Lily- obviously has a crush on Aidan (?? Is that his name?). Why the hell is she always texting him?

ReputationRep:
    Jack did seem like a decent likeable guy. But it is clear to see that he is thinking about girls too much because he is still a virgin. He goes on and on about pulling, that gets really annoying. Lily is just annoying, why doesn't she just keep out of peoples business, she seems to do nothing interesting and just informs on everyone else, seems like she fancies Aiden as well seeing as shes so keen on keeping him in the loop

ReputationRep:
    Watching ep 1 Bloody hell look at the way everyone trys to shame Josie after a one night stand. Whose business is? NO ONES. Why should girls feel guilty for experiencing the pleasure that they desire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holmes221)
    Watching ep 1 Bloody hell look at the way everyone trys to shame Josie after a one night stand. Whose business is? NO ONES. Why should girls feel guilty for experiencing the pleasure that they desire.
    I agree, most girls don't mind but when people keep on telling them that its wrong, then that's when they start to feel guilty about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maryamzahid)
    I agree, most girls don't mind but when people keep on telling them that its wrong, then that's when they start to feel guilty about it.
    Jealous people who feel undesired gossiping and shaming- the consolation prize for shattered ego. I guess especially here as during freshers its all a rush to get with someone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holmes221)
    Jealous people who feel undesired gossiping and shaming- the consolation prize for shattered ego. I guess especially here as during freshers its all a rush to get with someone.
    people will feel the need to get with someone, I know many who have had boyfriends because of freshers week and all that, but after a while relationships fizzle out.

ReputationRep:
    You can read the peoples bio's on the channel 4 website... erm, this link 'http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-secret-life-of-students/profiles' I think all these will be featured in the show

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.