Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I suppose I dislike the government/corporate/media spin that is always put on immigrants (esp Indians) representing them as saviours of the economy (dentists, doctors) and the like whereas poor whites are just 'white trash'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    Yes, exactly as you say, there is definitely a linguistic root we all share. Being a biased Indian I'll say it was Sanskrit

Yes, probably something like that, that's what I've always thought too, slow migration and mixing in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No you are not being biased

Tamil is The oldest and purest surviving language thats native to south Asia (Sanskrit is not native to India) It is also the Only surviving classical language thats still spoken and written by the people
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_l...

(north india speaks hindi, not sanskrit)

and I need not add that Its th Tamils(Dravidian(the Sanskrit word "Davida" actually meant "Tamil)) who were the builders of the Indus valley civilization. When the Aryan people moved into India (they were not invaders but moved in as pastorialists/nomads over a period of time starting from around 1800 bc (long after the Ind

Ad don't forget..Sanskrit is dead as a popular(i mean poppular=spoken by people). and Tamil lives.Tamils can understand tamil poems and literature written 2300 years ago. when thiruvalluvars "kurral" is read, any tamil can understand it! this shows how much tamil has retained its purity vis a vis other indian languages. can an average hindi person understand ANY of the sanskrit slokas?nope!

do u know that the word "ganga" itself is not originally Sanskrit? its proven to be either a "Munda" or "Dravidian' word. even Sanskrit scholars agree.

and guess whats the origin of the other so called aryan word "Pur/puri" (meaning city).?? It derives from the Dravidian word "Ur" and interestingly the Sumerian word "UR" has the same meaning and linguists acknowledge the fact that the Sumerian language Might have been heavily influenced/and/or/ be an offshoot of the Dravidian language

even today in tamil we use the word "ur". the main cities of the Sumerians had the names "Urruk" and "Nippur"

and finally many of the names of the hindu gods and godesses are actually the names of the gods and godesses of the Indus valley people(dravidians). the aryans co-opted these gods into their Pantheon, lol..even the higest of all hindu gods; "siva" is a dravidian god.

please read some history/archeology before you post fact that would only make you seem ignorant

http://www.exoticindiaart.com/article/fo...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chola_dynas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    Yes, exactly as you say, there is definitely a linguistic root we all share. Being a biased Indian I'll say it was Sanskrit

Yes, probably something like that, that's what I've always thought too, slow migration and mixing in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It is also important to remember that its the Tamils who had the first Indian empire that spread outside of India.The tamil Chola Empire. The Naval power of the Cholas was more than a match for even that of the Chinese emperor during the 10-12 centuries.
    south east asia and its seas were called the "Chola lake"
    The Cholas were the Indian Equivalent of the romans.They were not only known for their military and organizational might, but also for their patronage of the arts and the breathtakingly beautiful temples they built

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chola_dynas...

The Tamil empire extended to the south east Asian islands.Its influence is felt even to this day. there are a lot of Hindus living in Bali even today. Even the king of the now-Buddhist country of Thailand is recited verses from the Tamil sacred-hym "Thiruvasakam" when he is coronated(made a king)

ReputationRep:
    What do you feel about people from diff provinces in India crossing over geographical borders and settling in each others territory? I heard from my Indian friend...Marwaris..gujjes .pu jab is .bats...Tamils ..bongs are not particularly tolerant of each other ..there is caste discrimination..ski. colour discrimination....pot..calling kettle.....?

ReputationRep:
    What do you feel about people from diff provinces in India crossing over geographical borders and settling in each others territory? I heard from my Indian friend...Marwaris..gujju .pu jab is .bats...Tamils ..bongs are not particularly tolerant of each other ..there is caste discrimination..ski. colour discrimination....pot..calling kettle.....?

ReputationRep:
    Times are tough economically and it's easier for immigrants to be blamed... since understanding how a corprotocracy or the banking system has created this mess we're in is a little bit difficult or time consuming for a lot of people.

I guess it's also convenient for the elite to shift the blame towards immigrants too, save themselves from pitchforks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bonmot)
    What do you feel about people from diff provinces in India crossing over geographical borders and settling in each others territory? I heard from my Indian friend...Marwaris..gujjes .pu jab is .bats...Tamils ..bongs are not particularly tolerant of each other ..there is caste discrimination..ski. colour discrimination....pot..calling kettle.....?
    Nonsense? India is for every Indian. We all share the same DNA no matter what people want to think, no matter how much enmity they wish to create between North and South Indians.

However discrimination is real, but a standout person won't be stopped by skin or caste, driven people in India are allowed to succeed.

Eg the current low caste, poor family upbringing prime minister.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    Nonsense? India is for every Indian. We all share the same DNA no matter what people want to think, no matter how much enmity they wish to create between North and South Indians.

However discrimination is real, but a standout person won't be stopped by skin or caste, driven people in India are allowed to succeed.

Eg the current low caste, poor family upbringing prime minister.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    WE DO NOT SHARE THE SAME DNA ,Please look at Indian history...

According to general Indian history, the Aryans arrived in north India somewhere from Iran and southern Russia at around 1500 BC. Before the Aryans, the Dravidian people resided in India. The Aryans disregarded the local cultures. They began conquering and taking control over regions in north India and at the same time pushed the local people southwards or towards the jungles and mountains in north India. According to this historical fact the general division of Indian society is made. North Indians are Aryans and south Indians are Dravidians.

In fact, history says that the pale skinned Indian is the legacy of the barbaric invasion & conquest from the low UV West of the sophisticated, advanced, peaceful, & weaponless Native Indian Dravidian Indus Valley Civilisation in India 5,000 years ago. It appears that the conquerors are still in charge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    India always has been and still is majority Dharmic. It's been the case since recorded existence in the subcontinent.

India existed 200BC under Ashoka but was considerably larger and had reached similar sizes under many vast empires.

I think your problem is that your history doesn't go back very far so you don't even think about people existing in such advanced cities well before your history began.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    its the Tamils who had the first Indian empire that spread outside of India.The tamil Chola Empire. The Naval power of the Cholas was more than a match for even that of the Chinese emperor during the 10-12 centuries.
    south east asia and its seas were called the "Chola lake"
    The Cholas were the Indian Equivalent of the romans.They were not only known for their military and organizational might, but also for their patronage of the arts and the breathtakingly beautiful temples they built

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chola_dynas...

The Tamil empire extended to the south east Asian islands.Its influence is felt even to this day. there are a lot of Hindus living in Bali even today. Even the king of the now-Buddhist country of Thailand is recited verses from the Tamil sacred-hym "Thiruvasakam" when he is coronated(made a king)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you kidding me?

You are not biased here...

Tamil is The oldest and purest surviving language thats native to south Asia (Sanskrit is not native to India) It is also the Only surviving classical language thats still spoken and written by the people

and i need not add that Its th Tamils(Dravidian(the Sanskrit word "Davida" actually meant "Tamil)) who were the builders of the Indus valley civilization. When the Aryan people moved into India (they were not invaders but moved in as pastorialists/nomads over a period of time starting from around 1800 bc (long after the Indus valley culture had died, due to the shifting of the river indus)

Much of whats core to todays hinduism actually was taken from the natiave dravidian people, i need not mention that shiva (siva in tamil ) derives his name from "sivappu"(red).

And don't forget..Sanskrit is dead as a popular(i mean poppular=spoken by people). and Tamil lives.Tamils can understand tamil poems and literature written 2300 years ago. when thiruvalluvars "kurral" is read, any tamil can understand it! this shows how much tamil has retained its purity vis a vis other indian languages. can an average hindi person understand ANY of the sanskrit slokas?nope!

please read some history/archeology before you post fact that would only make you seem ignorant

ReputationRep:
    And i need not add that Its th Tamils(Dravidian(the Sanskrit word "Davida" actually meant "Tamil)) who were the builders of the Indus valley civilization. When the Aryan people moved to India?

And it was the Tamils, who revived Hinduism in India when it had all but died on northern India.India was mostly Buddhist and jain in the 7-8centuries, It was thanks to Sankara and other Tamil saints who started the "bhakti" tradition that Hinduism revived. Not to mention the fact that most of the Hindu temples all around the world are of Tamil-dravidian design. with the multiple towering gopurams.

Do u know that the word "ganga" itself is not originally Sanskrit? its proven to be either a "Munda" or "Dravidian' word. even Sanskrit scholars agree.

And guess whats the origin of the other so called aryan word "Pur/puri" (meaning city).?? It derives from the Dravidian word "Ur" and interestingly the Sumerian word "UR" has the same meaning and linguists acknowledge the fact that the Sumerian language Might have been heavily influenced/and/or/ be an offshoot of the Dravidian language

Even today in tamil we use the word "ur". the main cities of the Sumerians had the names "Urruk" and "Nippur"

And finally many of the names of the hindu gods and godesses are actually the names of the gods and godesses of the Indus valley people(dravidians). the aryans co-opted these gods into their Pantheon, lol..even the higest of all

So please do not change history ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imtelling)
    No, the british created India. Before British, India was just an area dominated by Muslims.

British saved you people. Gave you the modern world.

Brother as an Indian I AGREE WITH YOU,British people saved us and gave us access to better standard of living.I have no hate for British people,I love them they allowed me to stay in their country.

The few mistakes of the previous generations is not the fault of the present British generation.

As an Indian I want the brits to come back and rule us !

ReputationRep:
    Seriously ,i think for immigrants like chinese we have contributed a lot to the society economically . The entry standard for us starting from £250,000 to 1 million , and lot of them will go for the 1 million route . i think on some occasions , we create job opportunities instead of "taken your job" though .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melvyn215)
    Seriously ,i think for immigrants like chinese we have contributed a lot to the society economically . The entry standard for us starting from £250,000 to 1 million , and lot of them will go for the 1 million route . i think on some occasions , we create job opportunities instead of "taken your job" though .
    Immigrants in general are hard working people.

ReputationRep:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    People don't hate immigrants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zakirkhan)
    This is why the sneering, "progressive" Left has lost all credibility amongst the working class it professes to represent (and why it has chosen to replace the population with immigrant-clients whose votes it can rely on for its route-to-power in the future).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zakirkhan)
    Very true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mirouko)
    Very true.
    Might want to mention that immigrants economic migrants are willing to live 6 to a room and work long unsociable hours for minimum pay too, intending to send the money back home where it actually goes somewhere. Who wants to compete with that?

ReputationRep:
    They use them as scapegoats for wider societal insecurities.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.