The Student Room Group

Any aspiring female engineers?

Scroll to see replies

Final year Chem Eng here! Finishing in late May and preparing for a job coming up can't wait! Good to see that more women r going into engineering it's highly needed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have not applied to do engineering but I've always loved anything engineering related. I've applied to do Chemistry but a part of me wants to try my hand at Chemical engineering. Is this too late? Could I try clearing if I change me mind? I love Chemistry if you hadn't guessed but I also love engineering, my older bro does civil and he's told me a lot.

I've been told by some it's hard to find jobs. You all seem like very well educated people. Anyone care to enlighten me?
Female. I'm firming Sheffield for BioEngineering. Anyone else??
Any women thinking of mechanical engineering?
Original post by ChemFemme
I have not applied to do engineering but I've always loved anything engineering related. I've applied to do Chemistry but a part of me wants to try my hand at Chemical engineering. Is this too late? Could I try clearing if I change me mind? I love Chemistry if you hadn't guessed but I also love engineering, my older bro does civil and he's told me a lot.

I've been told by some it's hard to find jobs. You all seem like very well educated people. Anyone care to enlighten me?

I think birmingham was in clearing for Chemical Engineering last year I'm not sure who else was. I applied this year for Chem Eng and I've firmed Manchester but I've heard that there is little chemistry within the actual course

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do more women choose to do chemical engineering over mechanical engineering, if so why?
Anyone firmed Nottingham for civil?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Firmed Birmingham for Materials

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me!
I wanna do environmental engineering :smile:
Reply 149
I'm hopefully going to Bath Uni in September studying Integrated Electrical and Mechanical Engineering :smile:
Been looking forward to this since year 11 - just need to get my A level grades now!
I want to do mechanical engineering the year starting 2016 at Newcastle or QUB

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone thinking of Swansea, Aston or Oxford Brookes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by riddleofrevenge
Is anyone thinking of Swansea, Aston or Oxford Brookes?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've firmed Swansea for civil...what are you looking at studying?
Original post by Kate2996
I've firmed Swansea for civil...what are you looking at studying?

Mechanical engineering.. civil looks fun though. I was hoping to get your opinion on Swansea if that's OK.
Original post by riddleofrevenge
Mechanical engineering.. civil looks fun though. I was hoping to get your opinion on Swansea if that's OK.

Personally I chose it because it's not too far from home (3hours), is a brand new campus so the facilities are going to be brilliant, the staff were all so inspiring at the open day (especially Dr Gill) and it is right on the beach!!!
Original post by Kate2996
Personally I chose it because it's not too far from home (3hours), is a brand new campus so the facilities are going to be brilliant, the staff were all so inspiring at the open day (especially Dr Gill) and it is right on the beach!!!

Yeah I've seen videos on the new build, it looks so good. I wasn't able to go on an open day to meet the staff so thank you :3
Original post by HauwaMo
Female. I'm firming Sheffield for BioEngineering. Anyone else??

Ive firmed for BioEngineering at Sheffield as well :smile: I can't wait, i'm so excited!
I'm going to be doing chemical engineering at Birmingham (hopefully) this September

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bigboateng
I'm not female btw, I wanna do aerospace eng. why do you want to do civil?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you doing aerospace engineering now?
Original post by MsFahima
Are you doing aerospace engineering now?

Nope, will start in September @ Southampton

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending